DPS fighters?

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by gaymer77, Jan 28, 2017.

1. gaymer77 Active Member

OK when I played a few years ago, all of the fighter classes could be a DPS class too. Not so much the 2 good tanks (top left one & bottom left one when you go to create a new character). But berserker, monk, bruiser, and shadow knight were all viable DPS classes if you specced correctly. I was talking tonight with someone and they were saying this is no longer the case. Am I to be sad now to hear that those classes aren't wanted in group settings outside of a tank role? Please tell me this isn't the case.
  2. Earar Well-Known Member

you won't be as good as a true dps anyway.

But I really see the difference between my coercer and bruiser, while the coercer is far from T1 dps ... at one point both had the same kind of gear and I saw how fast my coercer could kill things while my bruiser took more time.

that's always the pb with tank class, if they are good tanks but can be also good dps, then why bring another class ?
  3. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I am a AoE DPS SK. No, I don't do great damage, but for my casual relaxed guild, I do fine. And so I do our heroic runs with a Berserker or SK as a tank and I go as dps. So, if you find a supportive guild or good group of friends (or both), you can play how you want. *grins* I remember hearing tales from EQ1 about "We love our clerics Day" where the Clerics would be the MT for the raid, and the Pallies would heal them and everyone else did dps... very very slowly...
    Prissetta likes this.