Downtime Appreciation Bonuses Begin on 4/22

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Nallia New Member

Would be great if the TLE - the paying members got double coins that actually apply to the TLE like Hunter Coins, Marks, and such instead of just the FTP severs getting their coins doubled. It seems very unfair that those that actually pay to play do not get nearly as many benefits as those that do not.
  2. Foxdale New Member

Outstanding. Always love the little perks that become available to everyone. Thanks a bunch.:p:p
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. The Golden ShadowKnight New Member

This is discrimination in the gaming world but not making everything equal. On top of that,he TLE servers are your most valuable source of income and your treat them like cast of dogs. On your next surprise or updates, use a checklist to ensure you have every question pre answered and include it in the details of the update. That would solve all the possible future problems with the exception on people that just like to complain.
  4. Dogwood Member

How about a Lamborghini instead? ;)
  5. Leonitas of Potato Situational Awareness

There are actually non TLE paid premium servers that most people seem to be forgetting about, that will in fact get these benefits. Premium members are paying on servers such as the Isle of Refuge, Rivervale, and i'm guessing the upcoming pvp server, Tarinax, will be premium? So I guess the point is, whatever bonuses they give, it's not targeted at only f2p servers, or only the free trade server, or only the tle server.

I can't remember the last time i heard whining coming from a TLE player the times they have had double hunter's coins and such that are TLE only....and no other servers. "ok great, you did something for us, but what about everybody else?!" c'mon. i feel like it all evens out, in the end. there are times one type of server gets a bonus and others do not, and there are times all servers are included. It's all just a matter of perspective.
  6. Tkia Well-Known Member

What is this bizarre sense of entitlement that's coming from the TLE servers? There are paying members on ALL servers so there's nothing special about you, I'm afraid. The people I feel sorry for are the ftp players that obviously aren't considered 'patient' enough to qualify for compensation despite the fact that the downtime will inconvenience and prevent them spending in the cash shop for that period just as much as any paying member.
    Amybelle, Morukta, Finora and 2 others like this.
  7. Jiggamann Member

it says in the post that this is for members.. which means people that pay you dip ****
    Morukta likes this.
  8. Thundor New Member

What do you mean by "members"?
  9. Zinj Well-Known Member

I'd be happy with one free purchase from the Bedlam Faction Merchant
    Jinksie and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Chikkin Well-Known Member

members are the paid subscription players, those with membership, not free to play
  11. Kotter Legendary Member

XP bonus... nom nom :)
  12. Takab New Member

thank you
  13. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Jaden likes this.
  14. Fixzoningplease New Member

Can we please fix login and zoning all day long I’m getting backlogged and after 20 min I zone in finAlly!! And then I go to zone now I’m at login screen with backlogged EVERY TIME I ZONE! all my other mmo play fine.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  15. Jaden Well-Known Member

-----------------------------

Woot! Looking forward to it; thanks!
    Aenvar and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  16. Jaxyn Member

Thank you very much :)

Any chance for the Guide's Guide and Newsies to be offered again during this time?

Thanks again.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  17. Kattt Well-Known Member

Thanks so much, glad to hear! Does that mean we should plan for Moonlight to be the 21st & 22nd? =)
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...if you're a Member, you're already getting double Currencies; would it be quadrupled for Members? Would it be extended to F2P folks (which would be nice!)?

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...try also posting this on either the Bug Report forum or the Support forum; I, too, am getting annoyed at the zoning delays, but after having timed it several times (desk clock, computer clock, stopwatch [yep]), it hasn't gotten too much worse for me than when I was on dial-up and it would take around 3 minutes per zone.

Which, if you need to get to someplace in a hurry, like to link up with your raid group and you're the main Tank or Healer, can feel like for-freaking-ever... X-P

Uwk
    Breanna and Aenvar like this.
  20. Finora Well-Known Member

Just to also jump in here on this.

The TLE does require membership, as do the other premium special ruleset servers, but as noted elsewhere, that does not mean that no one on the regular servers pay. The regular servers are not "FTP" servers, they are merely the regular ruleset servers, which allows for people to play free if they wish, it's still much better to pay for membership, I can't imagine there are a whole lot of people at 120 and doing more than running around solo that do not pay for membership. I mostly run around solo these days and there is no way I'd drop my membership even on my alt account unless absolutely necessary for RL money reasons.

And you get the double xp and double status just like those of us paying on the regular servers get. Those people who are FTP? Looks like they get nothing at all other than some downtime.