Download link hard to find

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-BollyUK, Feb 28, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-BollyUK Guest

Took me a while to find the download link after reinstalling windows - maybe this should be on the front page - don't want their first journey into norrath to be a difficult one!
  2. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

3. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

http://www.everquest2.com/
    "Play Free" button will download the streaming client. So, any first-time player wouldn't have any problem getting it.
    It's more like existing customers who have a hard time finding the actual non-streaming client. But that has been the case for years
  4. ARCHIVED-BollyUK Guest

Lantis@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    That probably explains my issue as i see no Play Free option
    [IMG]
  5. ARCHIVED-lothengriol Guest

Umm...maybe click the get started tab?
  6. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

Rosss@Everfrost wrote:
    It is supposed to be in that blank area below the Players AND Get Started tabs.
    Perhaps All's browser is missing Flash or something?
    The link for all SoE game launchers is easily found in the knowledge base that no one uses.
  7. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

I checked on my computer, I have the button while on Internet Explorer (IE8) but only a blank space on Firefox (FF 11)
  8. ARCHIVED-Resstful Guest

Depends on which version browser the user has installed.
    I have older versions of both Firefox and IE9. The buttons are visible on both apps. FF looks great and IE looks crappy.
  9. ARCHIVED-Therendil Guest

There has been a forum post with the download links for some time now. It should be linked and advertised way more than it has been. It's my first stop when I need to do a clean install/reinstall.