Down time Tuesday

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Ramone_AB, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Ramone_AB Active Member

Would it be out of line to suspect a 4-7 hour downtime? I ask this with a lot of excitement for the new expansion:ie trying to plan my day :)
  2. Mohee Active Member

Like most expansion when released, you can expect the game to be down for probably 12+ hours. Then it might come online for a few hours, and then go down again for a long time.

Thats just how expansions are :p
  3. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

12 hours, then the downtime to fix the downtime, then the downtime to fix the downtime that was for the downtime, then the Oops Emergency Unannounced Downtime to fix the fix that fixed the downtime that was after the downtime...

Plus regular daily downtimes for the next week or two after the release.
    Guiscard likes this.
  4. Vene New Member

You forgot the couple rollbacks too
  5. Salavar Active Member

It is an expansion day like any other, go to work, come home, eat try to log in only to find out that this launch like all others is bugged, log off, wait a week then log in and play.
    Truian and Guiscard like this.
  6. Salty21db Active Member

Odd almost every expansion I've seen from this game is roughly a 4-6hr downtime. 12+hrs? You must be thinking of that OTHER game.
  7. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Most expansions are not as bad as some folks predict, but don't take off from work or school to be the first to log in because tThat seems to cause the game to crash LOL.
  8. Kokorobosoi Active Member

As long as you don't count on it working it will be fine. If you expect it to work, or plan your day around it working... Crash!
  9. Phantomstrk New Member

Well i am very impressed with the very minute amount of downtime this game has for both maintenance and for expansions...There is another MMO i could mention who has regular maintenance downtimes of several hours and when an expansion comes out don't expect to play for days yet it's funny that you don't hear any crying over there...

Expansions are what they are, and when they are released in beta it is so people can find bugs that could affect launch day, not an excuse to get in and play and get capped level and brag about how good they think they are...

Sony has done a fantastic job in their maintenance cycle's as well as their expansions...they let you know right away when things are not going well, which is good customer communication, and is a hell of a lot more then you get anywhere else...if you don't like it here...world of carebear is waiting for you.
  10. Ssrilith Member

This made me laugh out loud, but its so true.
  11. Regolas Well-Known Member

Be nice if they could tell us a bit earlier than the day before what the estimate is. It'll be Wednesday to me and it's my highest playing time day.
  12. Kalderon Well-Known Member

There more things to do, then waiting for the message, how long we have to wait tho ^^