[DoV] Vethilot the Corpsemonger in Tower of Frozen Shadow: Shadowed Corrindor

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-MirageKnight, Feb 28, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-MirageKnight Guest

Vethilot the Corpsemonger
    Yes, I have killed it but I don't think I have done it properly.
    Avoid killing adds and hope add won't 1 shot the group members.
    There is option for destroy the corpse when add has been killed but still giving buff to Vethilot the Corpsemonger. Some info said have to destroy the corpse asap in order to avoid giving him the buff, but this timer seems rather too short for clicking it before he recieves buff.
    So what's the intentional way of killing other than dump the huge dps on named before way too many add, while avoid killing the adds?
  2. ARCHIVED-Cerryl Infinate Guest

I've only attempted this encounter a couple of times. I'm pretty sure destroying the corpses of the adds is key in preventing the Boss from getting buffed. The problem is:
    - With Melee players being near the Boss and the Boss teleporting to the adds, it's difficult to right click the corpses to destroy them without inspecting another player, targeting player pets, or re-targeting the Boss because of the clump of everything going on.
    - The color of the water makes it difficult to see the corpses.
    - The "Destroy Corpse" option changes it's position in the selection menu when the corpse is right-clicked making it much more difficult to predict this mouse manuever.
    -The time given to perform this action seems too fast considering all of the above factors.
    To me this seems more an exercise of luck then actual player skill.
  3. ARCHIVED-Gninja Guest

Is the verb to destroy the corpse not the default verb?
  4. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

Gninja wrote:
    huh?
    I did this for the first time the other day and I concur on the clicking. It seemed that if you were even able to click through all the junk happening, we still saw him have something like 30 buffs on him when we all died.
  5. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

Gninja wrote:
    Primary: Loot
    Secondary: Examine
    Tertiary: Destroy
  6. ARCHIVED-Danson Guest

From what I've seen on this fight, the script should work the following way:
    Kill adds when they pop, then right click destroy corpse to stop the buff applying.
    Currently the time to click the corpse is pretty stupid, doable, but stupid (Something like 2-3seconds).
  7. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

Amaras@Runnyeye wrote:
    I wish it was that long. It's more like 1-1.5 seconds.
  8. ARCHIVED-Griffinhart Guest

It would go a long way to make the clicky be the top option so you can double click the corpse.
  9. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

Griffinhart wrote:
    Or even to just make it so the named does not appear right on top of the thing you need to click.
  10. ARCHIVED-Zephanor Guest

The "Destroy Corpse" option changes it's position in the selection menu when the corpse is right-clicked making it much more difficult to predict this mouse manuever."

The few times I fought him that was the case, it was anywhere on the list of options and oh so annoying considering you have to click them so quickly! We eventually changed strats and spread everyone out, mezzed the adds as much as possible and burned him down. Some still go through and he still got the buff every now and then but we were able to outdamage him. This is obviously not an option for everyone but we simply had difficulty getting him past 50% by clicking the corpses.
  11. ARCHIVED-Cerryl Infinate Guest

Gninja wrote:
    Hmmmm that gives me an idea. Hopefully it's what I'm thinking. I'll have to try next time I'm in there. If this is what I'm thinking then thanks for the clue.
  12. ARCHIVED-Snickerdo Guest

Pull him out of the water right off, that helps with corpses in the water. Still have trouble with folks all in the way of clicking, but it helped.
  13. ARCHIVED-Gninja Guest

Lethe5683 wrote:
    Thanks I will get this changed so "destroy" is the default verb. This should make it easier to click them too. It is intended for him to get some buffs. Even tons of buffs before the fight is over. He could get 20+ buffs and still be very much doable. The buffs give him very little per buff but they add up eventually. From the time the zombies die to when he gets the buff rom them the first time is currently set to 5 seconds.
  14. ARCHIVED-liquidtroll Guest

on the german servers its:
    examine
    assist
    destroy

and SOMETIMES
    destroy
    examine
    assist

either the server is sooo laggy, or thats just NOT true!
    with five seconds the fight would be soooooo easy.

with luck its MAX! 2 seconds. often (feeled) instant.
    if you dont klick JUST in the moment, the corpse falls down, AND are lucky to get the (examine, assist, destroy) version, there is no chance to prevent the buff.

i only managed it once to keep him 100% buff free.

while i did some research, i learned, that the cheapones are using ****Bot (censored by myself) to do the clicking.
  15. ARCHIVED-PhxDM Guest

16. ARCHIVED-MirageKnight Guest

Gninja wrote:
    5sec? Even I checked log, I can tell its no way was 5 sec but was about instant. It can surely be serverside lagging but I don't think it lagging 2-3 sec as we can't even intercept him getting buff by right clicking and select option for "destroy" which was usually 3rd choice for me.
    Glad to hear this wasn't intentional and fix is coming soon (?).
  17. ARCHIVED-Thor Guest

I think the biggest problem is the insta-porting of Vethilot to the corpse which makes it hard to target the corpse.
    Serverlag or not, but many times we see him on the corpse before it even landed on the ground.
    The time between the when adds die and Vethilot gets the buff seems to vary a litle but no way it's 5 seconds.
    Not sure if it's intended or not but sometimes the adds seems to go rampage and keep spawning just every second.
  18. ARCHIVED-mjlinton2 Guest

If you have a good enough group you can forget the adds and focus on the name.
  19. ARCHIVED-Geothe Guest

Gninja wrote:
    Done this a few times.
    There is -NO- way that it is 5 seconds before he gets the buff, at least on the players end (or on the non-upgrade servers).
    Everytime I am clicky the corpse instantly after it dies to destroy it, and he still gets the buff.
  20. ARCHIVED-Raz_wolf Guest

I have yet to kill him, I have the strat, just dont have the dps yet.

From what i can tell, you basicly have 2 options. Mez adds and burn him, a good chanter begins to loose control ~ 10-15 adds.

Or do the click thing. I estimate it at ~ 3 seconds before the buff starts stacking, and i've gotten pretty good at it. The biggest problem is trying to target the corpse. To hard to click expecially with scouts or pets trying to dps the named. Would much, much rather this be item based. Ie 'click the torch" on my hotbar to burn the corpse than trying to target this the corpse in the CF of people.

Either way its a bit of a dps check. And i estimate it to be about the same. You need 2 strong dps to burn him before adds overwhelm OR you need 1 to do solely corpse and 1 to soley burn him. If you dont have enough solid dps the adds will start to stack up.