DoV Bruiser class issues

Discussion in 'Bruiser' started by ARCHIVED-Quicksilver74, Mar 23, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-NamaeZero Guest

Conandar wrote:
    It's possible that the other Bruiser had an identical Mastered quality spell, and depending on who got into the group first one of your Brutalities was over-rided the other Bruisers. Sometimes I have a little buff wars where I notice my Brutality dropping in a PQ, so I'll recast it, which drops the other Bruisers Brutality. So they recast their Brutality and so on.
    Good times.
  2. ARCHIVED-Quicksilver74 Guest

Updated. Added some requests. Additionally I want them to look at Brutality's 5% CA damage. 5% aint what it used to be, and it should be one of those CA's that is scaling up with each tier. 5% back in TSO was a nice little buff, but 5% now is insignificant. It should be 20 or 25% now IMO.
  3. ARCHIVED-Kram337 Guest

Reading over the list, I'd have to agree with the posted issues. It'd be nice if that medium stance became something usable. And if the raid utility we got years ago (brutality) was brought back up to a point that made it desirable.
    I guess the only thing I don't necessarily agree with is some of you guys saying to just get rid of drag if it wont work on more raid mobs. Drag's one of my favorite abilities regardless of raiding. Course I'm not an avid raider (want to be but have only done the x2 stuff). Maybe it's a really big deal for raiding but for grouping and for pvp it's the tops.
  4. ARCHIVED-Quicksilver74 Guest

Updated with some Fan Faire concerns.
  5. ARCHIVED-Quicksilver74 Guest

Updated to add some problems with Altruism.
  6. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

Crabbok@Unrest_old wrote:
    Altruism would be better if it ddint feign death the person either but instead of an immunity of some sort. I would even take the restriction of NON fighter on it for it to work well.
    I would also like to add the ability of "CONTROL HATE" as bugged. It states it should LOWER your hate position when in OFFENSIVE stance. Instead it doesnt work that way and ONLY works with shiftiness. I rather not waste the AA's on shiftiness and instead use control hate as a much better means for hate control especially when you want to DPS.
  7. ARCHIVED-alabama Guest

id like it if we could get combat mastery back up to 20 secs, 15 at least.
    and if our deathsave was passive like everyone else
  8. ARCHIVED-Bruener Guest

alabama wrote:
    Great idea. Lower the triggers, make it uncastable in combat, and put some more limitations on it like you have to have a group alive for it to trigger and it drains health from group members.
  9. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

Bruener wrote:
    His suggestions were pretty aburd and OP.
    In all honest ALL DEATH saves should have one trigger with a duration no longer then 45 secs and at least a 5 min base recast in combat. Death saves in general are bad design for a game to make it challenging by forcing tanks to die.
    Combat mastery was never up for 20 secs and it is still a very strong ability.
  10. ARCHIVED-Bruener Guest

Gungo@Crushbone wrote:
    I agree that they should probably all be 1 trigger. However instead of the up 45 sec and only useable every 5 min they should just make them up perma and all uncastable in combat. Fighter Death saves should not have evolved into an AE save like most Fighters can use them now. They should have been for that oh shoot the healers failed once.
  11. ARCHIVED-alabama Guest

Bruener wrote:
    im picking up your sarcasm buddy...however if it was passive why would i need to cast it during combat...wouldnt i just cast it before and wait for it to fire off instead of having it never fire off because my heal procs save me after i use it and then my triggers wear off before it gets used..ya thought so....
    continue on im sure then next one will be highly witty as well.
  12. ARCHIVED-alabama Guest

Gungo@Crushbone wrote:
    cm was 20 or very close to it in beta sir you are incorrect.
    and my ideas arent any worse then half the crap bruener troll posts consistantly...but at least im in my own classes board
  13. ARCHIVED-Controlor Guest

alabama wrote:
    The simple fact that if it was passive would be a 3 trigger death save with no downfall. Yah that is not going to happen.
    Currently SK's are a 2 trigger death save (after focus) that require at least 1 other person (it might be 2 other people not sure) in order for it to function. And when it goes off it drains life from people in group. They can not cast it in combat.
    Paladins is a 1 trigger death save that has "no downside". That is of course after 1 focus and 3 aa spent to prevent it from stunning you for 15 seconds. It also is only 75% heal or so (which is plenty but still not 100%). It is castable in combat on a long reuse.
    So yah a 3 trigger stoneskin with no downside is OP if it is permentant. Even if it is not able to be cast in combat.
    As to the point of "why would i cast it in combat". You are aware that once the triggers are all used you wont have a death save. At least i am hoping you are aware of it. So once it is down you are waiting for the reuse or are SOL. Many times it will go down after mob gets a lucky hit off on me and not even from a big aoe. Than i am sitting there anxiously waiting for the reuse (as a paladin believe it is 5 min base reuse) to come back and HOPE i dont get a killing blow against me durring the time my death save is down.
  14. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

alabama wrote:
    Sir I am not incorrect like every beta i was there it was never 20 secs it was 18 secs originally and nerfed before it went live after testing showed it was going to be Op in raids at that length.