Double Station Cash is the New Black (Friday)

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

[IMG]

Sony Online Entertainment is kicking off the holiday shopping season with two fantastic promos: Double Station Cash on Black Friday and In-Game Marketplace Deals on Cyber Monday!

To start, this Friday, November 28th, when you buy Station Cash on the web, in-game, or with an SOE Game Card, the amount of Station Cash you get will be doubled! Double Station Cash will only awarded between 12:00am PT (U.S.) to 11:59:59pm PT, so don’t miss out!

Check back this weekend to see what special deals we're offering All Access members for Cyber Monday.

Happy Holidays from the gaming elves at Sony Online Entertainment!

*Cyber Monday deals and All Access member benefits apply only to SOE titles currently included in All Access. Promotion does not include Landmark, Dragon’s Prophet, or DC Universe Online (PSN Version).
  2. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

YAY!

So the double station cash is for everyone, but the cyber monday sales are for all-access only? Or are there weekend sales for all-access, and on cyber monday they open for everyone?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Filly67 Well-Known Member

Cool, we have been sitting on a pile of cards. In the old days I would wait for triple SC but I feel that double is about as good as it will get and I'll take it.
  4. Naneeje Well-Known Member

oh my gosh, thank goodness I don't have to try to find those non existent SOE cards :)
    I swear they are a myth in Hawaii :)
  5. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

The Menehunes have them all.
  6. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

Do any of the walmarts still carry bonus cards? (I'm considering getting in on this.. even though I don't play much any more! I miss a good double station cash day!)
  7. Calthine Well-Known Member

8. Caela Well-Known Member

I have cards that were purchased during a GameStop promo - and some from a BestBuy promo.

I have 7 cards to redeem - I wonder if there is a limit.

Glad to see the Double SC back - I never stopped believing in you :)
  9. Merriel Well-Known Member

Hmm curious to see what's being offered for Cyber Monday. Double SC is definitely good though. :D
    Livejazz and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

"Check back this weekend to see what special deals we're offering All Access members for Cyber Monday."

I am an all-access member, two accounts. But am wondering. Does this mean that ONLY all-access members will be able to buy on-sale things on Monday? If so, I predict some seriously long rage threads about it on the forums here come Monday...
  11. Niniena New Member

The Walmart cards no longer specifically say that you get a +500 SC bonus, but every one that I've bought since the new design has come out has still given the +500 SC.
  12. floofloobunny Active Member

Niniena, are you buying them online from WM, if so what is the link, I dont want to get the wrong one. Or I can maybe find them in store if you can link the same card.
  13. Faliz Member

Another option is purchasing the Game Stop $20 cards that offer 2500 SC. They're the red "Limited Edition Collector Card" for Landmark. I don't think they offer an EQ2 reward but if you decide to get in on Landmark they offer some nice starting items for the game as a bonus. The Game Stop near me in Georgia has like 100 on the rack still.
    santargria and floofloobunny like this.
  14. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I've been waiting on a double SC day - been holding on to 4 cards to redeem. Thank you, SOE!
  15. Niniena New Member

I buy mine in-store. Which can be challenging at times, 'cause someone likes to hide them! LOL
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Please, please, PLEASE say that All-Access is the only limiting factor for Cyber Monday? :eek:

Uwk
    who needs sales on Services (don't be stingy, now!) and Housing!
    Feldon likes this.
  17. Torpian Member

It's been a while since I purchased station cash and I noticed they're selling double station cash this Friday. I was wondering what SOE traditionally do around this time of the year. Do they run a few of these double station cash offers around Christmas? Am I going to buy double station cash only to have them offer triple station cash a week later? Anyone remember what normally happens around this time of year with regards to their station cash offers?
  18. Baphmistra Active Member

Huzzah!!! Thank you SOE for finally listening to us!!! :D
  19. Mermut Well-Known Member

They haven't had a double station cash event in over a year.
    Feldon likes this.
  20. Drax Member

Great for those players that want it, so thanks SOE on their behalf but personally I will pass tyvm.

Several recent marketing decisions concerning pricing mean that the only SC that I spend these days is the "free" 500 that I receive each month. Marketing strategies influence my overall perception of SOE and my unwillingness to spend money beyond my monthly subscription reflects this very clearly.