Double Station Cash® Exclusive with Walmart!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Dexella, Oct 9, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Dexella Guest

[IMG]
    Make sure you visit your local Walmart this week to purchase SOE Pre-Paid Game Cards because, for a limited time, you can get DOUBLE Station Cash® when you redeem them! What will you buy with your additional SC?
    Get Double Station Cash® when you buy an SOE Pre-Paid Card at Walmart and redeem it October 12, 2012 through October 14, 2012.*
    *Redeem between 12:01AM 10/12/12 through 11:59PM 10/14/12. Offer valid for SOE Pre-Paid Game Cards purchased at Walmart stores in the United States only.
  2. ARCHIVED-Cloudrat Guest

Did you look in my wallet? YAY! now crafting potions and we are all set:p
  3. ARCHIVED-Gravy Guest

Will we be able to purchase CoE with Station Cash?
  4. ARCHIVED-Dexella Guest

Gravy wrote:
    Hi Gravy,
    No, Chains of Eternity will not be available with Station Cash. We announced the changes to how to purchase expansions and DLC packs on August 10, 2012: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=521278
    ~Dexella
  5. ARCHIVED-decator666 Guest

Walmart cards do not work most of the time I try to buy them. I usually bring them 5 at a time and lucky to get 2 of them to scan.
    Will they ever have Walgreens on the list? That is the most reliable place I have been able to get cards that work...
  6. ARCHIVED-Dexella Guest

decator666 wrote:
    Hi decator,
    I'm not sure about Walgreens, but I'm curious about your Walmart comment. What do you mean they don't scan? Are you referring to in-store when you go to purchase them or something at home when you try to redeem them? If you can give me a little more information, I'd like to pass this along to others on our team to look into!
    Thanks,
    ~Dexella
  7. ARCHIVED-Tuckker Guest

Dexella wrote:
    The cashier has to ring them out like a Phone Card. I always hold onto my reciept until I redeem them. Never have had an issue with a single one bought from Wally-land. Told EB and BB to stick it.
  8. ARCHIVED-redwoodtreesprite Guest

Dexella wrote:
    I have encountered problems with Walmart where the cards scan, but if there is any problems in communicating with Sony to validate them, the cards become invalid. This is a problem when there are only a couple cards there. In all the times we have checked Walmarts, and this is in two different states and several cities, there are at best a couple cards in stock.
    Sadly, Walmart suffers from the same thing many other large chains suffer from when it comes to desirable things. Employees will hide things like the SC cards for preferred customers, making it hard to find the cards in stock. Happens a lot in retail, but still frustrating for the other customers.
  9. ARCHIVED-decator666 Guest

Dexella wrote:
    When I am at the checker they cannot get the card to read so it's a broken card. It has happened all 3 times I have tried to buy cards there. I have used 2 different stores. They are the $5 cards which are the only ones they carry. The 2 that they did scan worked when I got home.
  10. ARCHIVED-pixiepuff12 Guest

decator666 wrote:
    I've had this same problem at a Walmart here in Ohio. A few months ago, during a promo, there were something like 5 cards there, and only one would allow the cashier to validate it. The rest returned some kind of error. We had to go to two different Walmarts after that just to find one more card.
  11. ARCHIVED-Dexella Guest

Hi everyone,
    Thanks for your responses so far. For those of you who've reported issues in this thread, I've sent you PMs asking for more information. If you can provide those details, it will help us investigate (and hopefully solve!) the troubles you've been having.
    If anyone else has run into problems when buying Station Cash cards (at Walmart or elsewhere) like the ones outlined here, please send me a PM as well. Your city, the time of attempted purchase, and the store would be a great starting place.
    Thanks everyone!
    ~Dexella
  12. ARCHIVED-Cagefighter Guest

This thread should be entitled:
    Double Station Cash Exclusive to Americans.
    European players are people too!
  13. ARCHIVED-Mohee Guest

Why can't there be a way to manually enter cards on the SOE website for the expansion? As if you are using them to redeem them for game time, but enter 2 wal-mart cards (4000sc) or 3 regular cards (4500sc) at a time for the expansion. I'd rather do that then turn over a debit or credit card to SOE. I know my friends, many guildies, and myself are still extremely skeptical giving our DC/CC numbers to Sony after the hack a while back (or any online entity really...).

Or at least, will there be a box version purchasable from stores?
    As quoted from the http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=521278 post, you say you only accept
    Dexella wrote:
    Isn't the good ol' reliable green paper real-world currency?

Thanks ahead of time for any info.