Double Scrolls/Double Ascension - How does it work?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Carynn, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Carynn Well-Known Member

We have a finite pool of axp 'vitality' we can spend, if we have it filled: seven million. We get scrolls that give us 600,000 per scroll. We do a daily quest, say ToT Adv Solo, and receive roughly 1m axp for that quest. Thus, I need to use two scrolls to get my full axp.

I now get two scrolls that give me 1.2m axp 'vitality'. I go do my daily quest and get 2m axp for that quest as double axp. I now have to use three scrolls to get my full axp. How is that any different/incentive/faster than normal? Doubling the scroll and doubling the axp appears to give me roughly the same results as using one scroll and having regular axp. I use them at the same speed and am not really progressing any faster in a way that I can figure out.

I went to a college that didn't have a math requirement for a reason. Please help explain how this bonus really works.
  2. Shmogre Well-Known Member

You are able to use more scrolls (thus apply more ascension XP) in a day, which brings the finish line closer. Instead of it taking two days to get two scrolls (at one per day), you get two scrolls in a single day.

By also doubling the XP gained, they are making it so you can grind for the same amount of time as you normally would, but with double the result. Otherwise, you would have to play twice as much to burn through two scrolls as for one.
    Dude and Prissetta like this.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

Also, as you finish each ascension class, the scrolls add an additional 500k..
    So...
    First ascension class: you get 500k per scroll (plus 100k if you're a member)
    Second ascension class: 1m per scroll (plus 100k if member)
    3rd class: 1.5m + 100k
    4th class: 2m + 100k

You also earn the 'vitality' ascension into your pool at the same increased rate for each ascension class. You don't actually earn ascension xp faster for each successive class, but your 'pool' that you CAN ear increases faster.
    Dude, Prissetta and Shmogre like this.
  4. Carynn Well-Known Member

Thanks for the explanations. That helped!

Also, /laughs at the idea of finishing more than one ascension class.
  5. Carynn Well-Known Member

Combined with the knowledge gleaned by the answers here, I figured out it doesn't take any less time/more time with double scrolls than regular. It still takes me two days to have enough scrolls to earn the axp. The bonus is actually the double ascension points, as with two days of scrolls I earn 2m points instead of 1m points. But you need to have the double scrolls in order to get that 2m points in two days. Without the double scrolls, it'd take three days.

In reality, a week of double/double only nets me six million points without counting bonus scrolls. For obvious reasons, it makes me cry. They really need to do away with the guided ascension cap and let those of us so far behind catch up. It certainly would make alts viable again!
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

We actually earning double ascension xp this week... not into the pool, but actually the xp we earn is being doubled. I watched the xp messages yesterday.
    Shmogre likes this.
  7. Carynn Well-Known Member

Yes. Thus three scrolls are needed to receive double the axp. So the wait remains two days, the same amount of time it takes to get singular axp. The bonus is the extra axp earned every other day. Seven days of bonus is really three days of bonus, when it comes down to it (again, not counting the weekly five extra scrolls). It gets me closer to a new level maybe 14 days earlier. Not exactly speedy! o_O
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

The weekly that gives 5 scrolls is giving 10 currently....
    Shmogre likes this.
  9. Shmogre Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, 14 days is actually a good bit to shave off the total time. For some perspective, I was ridiculously diligent and got all four classes done within about a day of being able to, and it took me 163 days (most of them in the early days with no bonus scrolls)...saving 14 days would have helped a lot.

It's even better now: With the addition of the five extra bonus scrolls a week, that makes the total time closer to 132 days for all four classes...and that number *doesn't* include the additional five weekly quested scrolls or any double scroll bonuses. So saving 14 days is a significant chunk of time and gets you to the Ascended Tome charm that much quicker.

(If you are curious about the numbers, I've got a shared spreadsheet to help track Ascension leveling (see the second tab) at http://tinyurl.com/ShmogreKAtracking )
    Carynn likes this.
  10. Melt Actually plays the game

Catch up until Tuesday. You get infinite XP and it has been cleared by devs that this will not get you drundered. Grind away boys.
    Dude and Shmogre like this.
  11. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

My husband and I noticed that whenever our guided xp got below 1 million, some weird math thing would happen and we'd bounce up to 4 BILLION, then go back down to around 6 million and change in a few minutes. Now if I could just stay well enough to grind on my alts. My body isn't cooperating, lol.
  12. Melt Actually plays the game

Yeah, one of my guildies is a former dev and he said it was a negative number issue where if a stat goes below 0 it resets to the cap.
  13. Carynn Well-Known Member

Wish I would've seen this prior to Monday late afternoon! /cry
  14. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I am so burned out, I wont be taking advantage of this... and yet... I wont cry over it later. Good luck to all doing it and may all your ascensions be maxed!
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  15. Carynn Well-Known Member

I will point out that I do the same dailies on two different toons, yet get different axp amounts for them. My conjy is always several hundred thou short, even when we start out exactly the same at the beginning of the level. Irks me to no end.
  16. Melt Actually plays the game

And I quite enjoyed it... finishing 2 entire ascensions in a day
  17. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Woohoo! Good for you! Congrats, seriously! One less person to clutter up my farming spots later *grins*
  18. Mermut Well-Known Member

Do they both have the same altar buffs? The ToT and KA altar buffs each give 10% xp gain.
  19. Carynn Well-Known Member

Neither have any altar buffs at all. I never set up the altars. But I will now and give the slowpoke a boost!
  20. Mermut Well-Known Member

Not deity altars.. the ones from the from pre-ordering ToT and KA.