Double Ferrin: Friday, Oct 30 - Friday, Nov 6, 2015

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Roshen Well-Known Member

As part of Fall Frenzy leading into our next expansion, we have something special planned for players every week as we lead into our launch.

Starting NOW and going until noon pacific on Friday, November 6, 2015 we'll have double Ferrins activated in-game. This means double DOUBLE Ferrins for All-Access members!

Don't miss your chance to stock up on Far Seas Ferrin this week!

As we head into the next expansion, we'll have special promotions for players each week. Learn more about Fall Frenzy here!
  2. SinR New Member

What's Ferrin and how does having 2x matter?
  3. Minxy I am my own man forever and ever!

its currency for the alter of malice expansion... if your not 100 don't worry about it :)
  4. Ratza Well-Known Member

sweet...love me some double ferrin. :)
  5. Maddestmonte Member

Two questions
    1) I don't think Ferrin translates into the ToT expansion. Am I wrong in that, can it go towards new gear?
    2) If not, doesn't the simple quest gear we are going to get in ToT absolutely trump in every way the Ferrin gear? That's what the reports from Beta are.

Now, I'm a bit of a newb coming back after a 5 year layoff so these questions are more for my fellow EQ2ers. Will there be an advantage BESIDES "being prepared gear wise to hit the new xpac", which I'm not too concerned with, I've been back a few months, got from 80 to 100, and I'm killing things just fine 4 xpacs later, and I assure you, with my RoK alt raider gear, I still managed just fine getting some AoM gear lol...

It might matter if you are a raider, but I'm not that commited yet...

Is there something else that I might need Ferrin for?
    Nooloon likes this.
  6. Maldek Active Member

Awesome!
  7. Nooloon Active Member

The new expansion doesn't raise the level cap, so Ferrin should remain a viable and useful currency. There is ton's of stuff that can be bought with it, besides gear.
    Maddestmonte likes this.
  8. Maddestmonte Member

If I go to eq2wiki or something is there a place I can find to check out all the stuff you can get with ferrin?
  9. Breta Well-Known Member

On Beta ToT solo quested gear is better than top end AoM raid gear, this should give you an idea how useful are ferrins going to be in the new xpac.
  10. Raveen Active Member

I don't think we got new ruins in the new xpack so crafting ferrin are still in need or did I miss something. You can get other cool things besides gear with the reg ferrin as well.
  11. Zukira Member

it would be even cooler if this was double all reward currency besides coin.
    Juraiya and Smallcorners like this.
  12. Maddestmonte Member

That's sort of what I'm getting at. As someone just coming in, I have no reason to be excited over this. I simply got to 100 did all the AoM quests (including signature) , made sure I had my prestige doneand I'm ready for ToT, I'm finishing my crafting stuff on all 9 toons...I'm about ready to rock. If I can get the tinkering up so I can use the mendbot in time for AoM? Gravy. Things like that are my focus on this new toon.

For me, the only use I can see for Ferrin double being useful is if I was JUST about to complete a set of gear and I wanted to get it for appearance for later, or just to say hey, I did the full set. For those guys it's probably great.

But I think most people now, knowing that the gear is very much going to be outdated, are logging in with the intent of getting the little useful things done that might carry over.
  13. Armageddoux Active Member

but I have some re roll that are between 95 and 99 XP and double ferrins will help to stuff them up
  14. Maddestmonte Member

Having absolutely no Ferrin gear, just quest gear and sitting at level 100 with only 380k hit points, how much you wanna bet that, for a casual (quester, group zone player, not raider) , I'll be roughly the same gear and hp as everyone else that is a casual player by two weeks into the xpac? lol same for alts if I wanted to.
  15. Conifur Well-Known Member

I just did the Phantom Sea Clearing Quest and did not get the Double Ferrin. I only received the base and my member extra. Anyone else not getting the DBL Ferrin?
  16. Merry New Member

Now if we could just play the game... Maj'Dul is down as of 2:23 pm pacific. The Advanced Tools/Server Status *upon UPDATING+ shows Maj'Dul up at Medium with a Last Response time of 20 hours. Yes, AFTER update. Hmmmm... still holding off on that pre-order....
    Poisonhawk likes this.
  17. Alenna Well-Known Member

they double the ferrin for non members we get double double the way they do it is to double the intial reward then for members it double that amount. so if normally you get say 3 ferrin as initial reward it will now show 6 which means the member will get 12 instead of their normal 6
  18. Ceridwenn New Member

I tried to log in to EQ2 around 3:30pm today.... it's now 6:30 and I am still waiting. Are we allowed to protest the Maj'dul merge? I am so sad and tired of not being able to play my favorite game.
  19. Aliktas New Member

You're probably right in some aspect, but consider that if the gear is that much stronger the mobs will most likely follow suit. If you get to group zones with basic gear you'll probably have to be carried through until you get enough new gear (but at this point the double ferrin is still laughably small to bother trying to gear up anyway). This 2x ferrin seems more like a way to finish up a few small bits of your existing gear rather than trying to start from scratch, or maybe to grab up one last piece of gear from the 2k/piece vendor. Would rather they found something else to entice players but it's w/e at this point with the expansion near.
  20. Csipi Active Member

Why? This late ferrin hoarding is kinda pointless.
    Feldon likes this.