Not A Bug Dooming Darkness initial tick broken

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Koppar, Sep 7, 2022.

1. Koppar Member

Hi,

The initial tick on dooming darkness for necromancers are broken. It does not apply it. Which means you can not use you AB mode very effectively on the spell. Attatching a link.

Miragian, Twyla, Zenji and 1 other person like this.
  2. slippery Well-Known Member

I can confirm this on Varsoon. Despite the tooltip saying you get ability mod for the initial damage, since the spell apparently doesn't have an initial damage tick you are getting no initial damage at all, so ability mod isn't giving any benefit to the spell.

Vampire Bats also does not get ability mod to it, even on the tooltip.

So both spells are really hot garbage.
  3. Zenji Well-Known Member

TFW when you only have 6 single target damaging spells and 2 of them don't work correctly.
    #NecroLife
  4. Alkaline Member

The conjurer DoT “Winds of Velious” is the same way, no initial dmg up front and only dmg from the DoT tick.
    Twyla likes this.
  5. Miragian Well-Known Member

I think vampire bats still goes on to do decent damage but, this definitely needs looked at.
  6. Zenji Well-Known Member

Idk what it does on live servers, but on Varsoon it is not worth casting for Necros and is a very last resort rare cast for Conj.
  7. Miragian Well-Known Member

No clue on Varsoon, you guys have a weird set of rules for your spells. On live (unless its completely broken very recently) its one of our top 3 damage spells for Necro I think.

This isn't limited to a specific level and/or tier of the spell is it? Just throwing that out as a possiblity.
  8. Ratalthor Developer

It is by design that there is no initial tick for Dooming Darkness, so I am closing this thread.

For issues with other spells listed in the thread, please create new bug report threads for each spell. Thanks!