Dont want to miss anything.

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Bulletbutter, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Bulletbutter New Member

New-ish player here, was a day 1 purchaser of EQ2 but only ever got to level 20ish.

I am wanting to go through the level 1-110 leveling experince and since I am a huge lore buff I dont want to miss all the good stuff. Is there any particular way I should go about on my quest to max level? Are there any "neat" and/or out of the ordinary things that would be easy to miss?

I understand that older raids and probably dungeons would be out of the question until I out level them.
    Cyrrena and Saw-Lau like this.
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

To me it's all neat :) You can just start with a zone and if you start to outlevel it turn off your xp. Generally that will lead you to the next area.
    Cyrrena and Saw-Lau like this.
  3. Breanna Well-Known Member

O yea forgot to say welcome back :) and enjoy the game the way you want to play.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  4. Leeroy 16 year vet. Forum lurker. Altaholic.

A good guide is the Soloing Timeline .... it will show you various zones for various levels. If you want, you can reach a certain level and lock at that level then do similar zones. You can also find a mentoring NPC and set your mentor level (you can start doing this after you reach level 20) and go back to older lower level zones, if you like. Plenty of lore in each zone. Be sure you do the city quests for your chosen city and your racial quest too: a lot of interesting lore involved. Old school quests can be involved and have a lot of storylines attached, too. There's no end (practically) of stuff to do, and things to learn.
    Cyrrena, Saw-Lau and flameweaver like this.
  5. Saw-Lau Member

My attempt at compiling all the 'classic' questlines and working through them is here - hope you find it of use!

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...resenting-the-everquest-ii-completist.585665/
  6. Bulletbutter New Member

Thanks for all the info so far, its exactly what I was wanting. This does bring up a few questions and I have come up with a few questions of my own about various things.
    1. I am assuming that the Solo Timeline site is showing all quests for Evil and Good characters? Am I able to do all of them on a single character?

2. Without delving too deep into all the options on the options panel/window I am guessing that I would have to speak with an NPC to lock my level?

3. I find that having to click a dead mob, then click loot to be a bit redundant. Is there an option to have an auto-loot? If there is, would there be any issues if a quest ever required me to examine a dead mob?

4. Since I will more than likely not be able to do level appropriate dungeons, will the items I find for quests and mob kills be sufficient for me so I wouldn't have to have to skip quests because I simply don't have the gear for it?

5. Is there an option to have some sort of indicator for the direction of quests on mini-map?

6. I found an in-game browser, but upon going to any site that has an input field box....I am unable to interact with it. Something as simply as going to google and trying to search is impossible. Is the browser working fine and do I have to know the url of the website I want to visit?

7. Shinies! The collectibles appear to be scattered everywhere I go. Would I be wasting time if I tried to get all the collectibles for an area? I guess what I am saying is are there collectibles that can only be obtained from specific locations? I am still going through Darklight Woods and would prefer to at least make an attempt to collect them all before moving on.

8. So I browsed over to EQ2Interface and saw a lot of addons. Are there any in particular that are recommended for something like a "completionist" and/or "achievement junkies"?
  7. Leeroy 16 year vet. Forum lurker. Altaholic.

Saw-Lau and Rosyposy like this.
  8. Dyre New Member

Hey, what server and time zone are you? I'm also a brand-new player (lvl 22 atm) and trying to get the most out of a laid back, 1-110 leveling experience. But I'd much rather do it with a friend! Questing is undoubtedly more efficient that way. Plus, two players (and their mercenaries) could even clear the dungeons reasonably efficiently, I think (though my experience is limited to lvl 20ish dungeons).

Also, maybe it's because I'm weird, but I like the idea of discovering a game with someone who is equally clueless.

I'm on the Maj'Dul server and my character is Aelynne if you're interested.
    Breanna, Saw-Lau and Rosyposy like this.
  9. Bulletbutter New Member

I just hit level 20 (or 21) the other day. I play on AB server....no clue if you can group up cross server. I do have all access subscription but I don't have mercenaries (yet). I also went evil side....again, don't know if that matters. I am on central time zone and my play time is pretty erratic but I do try to play a hour or two each night.

Reclux is my characters name (benched my 27 monk for a fresh start).
  10. Dyre New Member

Darn, different servers...I think we're doomed to be apart. I think good and evil doesn't really matter outside the major cities, but I don't think we'll be able to do anything on different servers. I'd make a character on AB, but I kinda spent the better part of three days decorating my house and I don't want to abandon it now!

Ah well. If you ever decide to make a character on a Maj'Dul (it's more populated than AB, for what it's worth!), let me know :p
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

You do not have to "abandon" your house. Try making a character on AB and playing together when you can both be on at the same time, play on Maj'Dul when you cannot be online at the same time or vice versa, Bullet Butler can make one on Maj'Dul.

I have characters on both AB and Maj'Dul, as well as Test and Fallen Gate, I don't play all of them every day. I play AB every day, I try to play for an hour on test at least 3 days a week as well, I fit in Maj'Dul and Fallen Gate when I am wanting a different "flavor"
  12. Dyre New Member

Yes, but you've been playing for many years! We're just getting started and don't want to spread too thin. Well, I speak for myself at least. I do hope that Bullet Butler decides to make the switch to Maj'Dul (a bit hypocritical, I know :p).
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

You would not really be spreading yourself too thin. An hour here and an hour there really wont show especially when you are playing together, you will go through content with a friend, it will go quickly and most of the time, 2 heads are better than 1, add 2 mercs to those 2 heads and you almost have a full group. Your playing times probably will not mesh up every day and there will be times when one or the other of you have something to do in the real world and cannot be around.

Not sure, you can ask in Homeshow, but I think you could even save the layout of your house on MD, play on AB with Bullet Butler, then recreate your MD house using the layout when you obtain the same items. Bullet Butler may even be willing to help you obtain those items in order to have a partner to play with, and if you can and do that option, I am on AB and I can try and attempt to craft or obtain those items for you and you can then replicate the same house on AB and play there when Bullet Butler is available. Many options are available to you in either case.

Good luck, enjoy the journey, and have fun no matter what your choices are, that is the important part.
    Saw-Lau likes this.