Don't Miss These Limited-Time Mounts!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Noctew Active Member

So, uhm, when will they be available on Valor? It looks like they haven't arrived on my server yet. Not that I'd want to buy any of them when there are dozens of unlimited mounts available for 750-1950 SC which look as good or better...plus all my characters already have bought or dropped mounts which fit their style.
  2. Fantasy Dude New Member

Hey guys,

No need to be so hard on Day Break. They need to make money in order to improve the game and make it funner for us. There are many people with expendable income that would love to purchase these mounts. However, I would love to see this game improve in graphics and animations. The game still looks the same as ten years ago. My suggestions are to create new in-game items that have high value. Don't grab an old item, polish it, and re-sell it. That doesn't cut it in the business world.

Nylo
    Rhodris and Awkk like this.
  3. Ratza Well-Known Member

If it was 2499 for the whole lot of them I would buy...but not 2499 for 1.
  4. Noctew Active Member

And I want them to make money and I am willing to part with my money. I just don't believe McRib-style marketing is the way to go. ("Buy the McRib now, it will soon be gone from the menu, maybe forever..."). It feels like a reverse sale: "For a limited time only...pay more for your mounts."

I don't agree with your assessment though that the game has not improve in graphics for ten years. Compare the level of detail between zones like Antonica and current zones, or compare armor design. It's hard to believe it's even the same engine.
    Animation quality also is still great, ttobey does a good job with this. Most games which have "better" animations cheat by doing motion capturing - good luck trying to find a dinosaur to capture. :)

Now, if Rothgar and ImagoQuem suddenly fell from the sky bringing with them a completely revamped and 100% compatible DirectX12 multicore graphics engine, that would be great, but I don't think that would be the best bang for the buck to spend money there. Money would be better spent on more designers for more diverse quests, Kaitheel and Domino can't do everything alone.
    Naramsin and Belenos like this.
  5. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

I would buy a few if it was PER ACCOUNT, but per character is not appealing.
    Moonpanther likes this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Not necessarily. If I am running around town, or in a dungeon, I use a ground mount for its greater ground run speed. On raids I use my best stats mount plus a "run fast" totem to achieve reasonable run speed.
    Juraiya and Belenos like this.
  7. willow Member

Seriously??? what do you take us for??? spend so time working at a new toy if you want someone to buy it,, I mean just to change the colro wow!! this has got to be an all time low for you guys... thanks but no thanks....
    Nooloon likes this.
  8. Karsa Active Member

Do the mounts come with free lv 100 ethereal weapon?
    Ratza and Feldon like this.
  9. Brig New Member

Over-Priced, Over-rated and its over before it starts! Who will buy them? at that price who are they kidding...
    Belenos likes this.
  10. Awkk Well-Known Member

Same here, I'd also like a tutorial on how to play LoN. There is a tutorial in the game, Zoo, it's in one of the side tabs and is offered when you dl it. I could not figure it out, though. That was years ago. Maybe if I looked at it again...or if I googled for Legends of Norrath wiki...lots of results here is one that looks organized for easy access

http://www.zam.com/wiki/legends_of_norrath
    Rhodris likes this.
  11. Feldon Well-Known Member

There were Legends of Norrath forums.
    Moonpanther and Awkk like this.
  12. Awkk Well-Known Member

That's good to know, but I just really like the wings. I have bought wings from the market before and would buy more if they came out with some beautiful new ones.

If other players have ideas for some nice looking flying wings, post them in this thread! Maybe some of them might eventually get made!
    Belenos likes this.
  13. Tajar Well-Known Member

Fiery wings like those glacier ones!
    Awkk likes this.
  14. Juni Member

I'd buy wings that looked like the Gold and Rainbow wings of the named bird in that DoF zone. Silent city i think? He's ashanti suls familer. Heck If they made that bird a mount i'd buy it too.
    Awkk and Prissetta like this.
  15. Determind Active Member

I checked it out last night. If you are in game and go to the EQII menu you can choose "Legends of Norrath" and it will launch another window to the game. Default, after it updates files, will bring you to a tutorial screen where you can go through a bunch of short tutorials. I think I only got through 3-4 though before I logged off as I had to download my free packs for any loot cards.
  16. White New Member

ohh only 25$.....gonna get 3 here ;-p
  17. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

This!! x 1,000!! If someone could please explain exactly how to play this game, I might actually give it a go, instead of getting my 5 packs and leaving until the next month.

A mount I would GLADLY fork over real bucks for would be a flying magic carpet. Not a ground mount, but one that flies. They can do it for the disks, so why can't they make a carpet fly?
    Juraiya likes this.
  18. Foretold Well-Known Member

I actually did try for the LON version of the nebulous stalker for the longest time (the Void Prowler from The Anarchs). I got the spear a few times, which is actually pretty cool, the wings, the mug of fulfillment, a bunch of paintings and cloaks, and two or three Gorowyn housing licenses... but never a Void Prowler.

I'd actually buy the nebulous stalker but TBH, I really never use ground mounts on my main. I certainly don't use them $25 worth :S
  19. Finora Well-Known Member

As much as I like that Aether horse, I do doubt I'll buy it. I tried for ages to get it from LON (free packs only though because I'm cheap lol) but now the character I wanted it on is 99 and flies pretty much exclusively. =( Few years late on releasing these for sale on the marketplace directly imo. I'm glad they are there but it's disappointing it came so late. Unless of course some new method for mount use is made available, when we don't lose the buffs from our high end mounts to use a ground mount for appearance.

On another note, I've said it before everytime vault items come around and will say it again, I despise the Disney "buy it before we put it back in the vault!" tactic. Seasonal stuff I kind of understand. Even then I honestly think it'd be nice to have it available year round for decorators. For instance, I know I personally am too busy during Frostfell doing Frostfell quests and stuff to sit down and buy stuff from the marketplace and decorate with it and after Frostfell I'm pretty done with it and won't think about it again until after NOTD, when I might want to start at least planning decorations.
    Belenos, Prissetta and Juraiya like this.
  20. Xabbu Member

I was actually thinking a Daybreak employee trying some damage control
    Filly67 likes this.