Don't Miss These Limited-Time Mounts!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Finora Well-Known Member

I don't recall any flame horse being availble in Lavastorm. There's a flaming rhino on the Sootfoot merchant though. I did win a flame horse very like one of the new marketplace ones from an LON card though. ( https://www.legendsofnorrath.com/rewards.vm?category=eq2&section=stormbreak the fiery horse whistle)

A sizable number of these seem to be LON loot card mounts (not a bad thing IMO).

Some look like mounts I saw on EQ1 marketplace. Also not a bad thing.

Limited time? *hiss boo*
  2. Awkk Well-Known Member

More ideas for Fly wings. Can you make metallic silver or gold wings? Or a milky pearlescent wings with rainbow moire muted colors shimmering in them? Green leather wings that show a vine or leaf pattern?Red leathery batwings with black veins and claw tips? Tigerstripe or leopard spot or silver tabby wings with fur along the leading bone edge, and claw tips? Camo leather wings, both green and yellow desert patterns? Treebark camo leather wings? Green or blue glass wings? There are nice glass jars and bottles in game that a skin might be taken from to make wings. Or clear glass wings with bones and veins inside like anatomy models?

Some of the armor is really beautiful, with glimmering gold or silver, shining, bright colors, complex patterns. If these effects could be used on some flying wing sets, they would sell. And people could use them over their statted mounts.
  3. Nantoh Member

So,are these looking(ethereal?) flying mounts coming in a couple of weeks?
    I am not buying crawling ones but flying.
  4. Tabri Well-Known Member

Can you add wings to these I like the way they look but Im not trying to ride ground mounts at level 100?
    Prissetta likes this.
  5. Ucala Well-Known Member

I've seen basically all these mounts in the game already :p why would I buy one
    Naramsin and Sentrasia like this.
  6. Determind Active Member

Mostly ground mounts. Ground mounts are just what you ride while you work to get a better mount at 30 then 85. I tend to take a character to 85 tradeskill just to get to play the lower adventure levels with a flying mount. It would be different if you could use these as skins for your flying mount, though still pricey. I always wanted a flying flame horse like the travel mounts in Lavastorm. Also, why more magic carpet ground mounts? And that hover platform? All should be flying!
    Belenos, Naramsin and Juraiya like this.
  7. Determind Active Member

What free LON packs? What am I missing?
  8. Csipi Active Member

As an All Access member you get 5 free LON packs every 1st of the month.

These mounts are the LON mounts. Some of these mounts sell for stupid money on places like ebay. So $25 I guess isnt that bad. I mean it sure beats buying cards and hoping to get them.

Personally I dont care for them, so wont be buying them. Still though at half the price I would buy a few but not at $25.
  9. Lilaeth Member

Excited for? If you mean 'excited about' I would have to be honest and say none of them.
  10. Choco-holic New Member

Honestly I'm laughing at everyone riding Daybreak for this. Clearly a lot of you guys haven't seen the MMO industry outside of Everquest because For a re-skinned non flying mount in most games (and to even have a mount at all as most don't offer free ones aka Neverwinter and the like) your EASILY looking at base price $30-50. Honestly Daybreak games has done nothing but wonders as far as Im concerned in terms of running their games and being quick to fix issues and address community concerns. But given how it seems the vast majority of players are older with families and such it doesn't surprise me as, no offense, you guys have been spoiled compared to what most everyone else will do to you.
    Molly and Mystfit like this.
  11. Zookeeper Active Member

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

High price + Limited Time Availability is a standard Marketing ploy in order to guarantee purchases. You HAVE to buy it NOW or you won't get it!

Watch TV infomercials. They use that ploy all the time to entice people to call in and plunk down $$ before the items are all sold, or the time of the offer runs out and the items are no longer available (until the next time they are offered).

It's called "The Rule of Scarcity."

If someone says they only have three of an item and that it is in high demand, if you want one, you really need to buy it NOW...or you will Never get a chance to own it, you are more likely to consider buying it, whether or not you need it, because you want to be the one who gets it...before it is GONE FOREVER.
    Being told you have to get something now or you will never get it encourages people to fear the thought of loss or missing out on a good deal, so they jump in immediately to purchase something that can be marketed again in the same way months or years down the line.

Then again...If you want the item that is offered because you Want it...and not because of a time constraint and the fear that you may never get it, go ahead and buy it.
    It's your money...so, you can invest in things that have meaning and grant personal satisfaction for you.

On a side note...
    I have never understood LON.
    Would someone who actually knows how, Step by Step to do whatever you do to use the LON cards, please post a HOW TO LON...a step by step guide that instructs new LON (players? users?) how to get into it, and exactly what to look for, what to do and when, and what results to expect?
    Sorry, but I looked at it and looked at it and had no clue. It doesn't follow my own brand of reasoning so I would need step-by-step detailed instructions or just do what I've always done...click on it, get confused, get frustrated, and close it up tight, and go fume over my lack of understanding it.
    I would really appreciate a step-by-step HOW TO LON somewhere on forum so I could copy/paste it to Notepad and use it as a guideline. I know there are cards listed online. I have no idea what to do with that information, or if there is anything that can be done with that information.
    Please???!
  12. Arhok New Member

Since name change, almost everything on the market went expensive (eg unattuner from 30sc x1 to 400scx1) the mounts wont be anything im going to miss at all, heck anything else on the market isnt worth get anymore :)
  13. Chocoholic Active Member

Ack!! That's not me posting up there

Hehe .....

Edit: oh and Zookeeper I finally signed in to LoN yesterday. Clicked on it in the main launcher which opens another window where you can run a small install. I actually accessed it In-game tho. Someone else can give you a clearer step by step if needed. I've been on TLE so need to go to my live characters and see if there is anything to claim. Not sure how all that works yet (card packs, mounts etc). I'm not really interested in playing the card game which is why I've never tried to access it.

As for the mounts on sale -- pretty, but I'm happy with my clouds at this time
  14. Zookeeper Active Member

..................................................................................................................................................................

Not suggesting that people rush out and buy mounts just because they are currently available.
    Mounts are like gear...if you don't like the look, you don't invest $$ just to say you have it (but aren't likely to ever use it).
    Chocoholic likes this.
  15. Tabri Well-Known Member

Neverwinter mounts are around this price yes but if your patient you can wait until the one you want goes on sale for 30% off they pick 3 items from their ZEN store per week to put on sale. On that note though if your not patient you pay full price which is close to what they are charging for these mounts.

Also true a lot of these mounts are LON mounts which sell on 3rd party websites for what they are asking here or more. If you want any of these mounts cheaper then you have to get lucky in LON which could cost a lot of boosters anyway or a long time waiting otherwise for it to show up in the monthly free boosters given in game.
    Neiloch likes this.
  16. Heinzy Active Member

Pass...
    let's sail out of pirate bay and see what's on that second moon in the sky. maybe we can have a world even to construct a huge nexus type port involving adventures and crafters at the same time.
    then you'll get my 25$
    Belenos likes this.
  17. Rainmare Well-Known Member

Why would you switch to a ground mount for a speed boost, when you loose a huge amount of stats from your flying mount? that's the reason why most people ignore anything that doesn't fly after 85 especailly. I'm not giving up 3000 hp, and blue stats, and green stats, so I can run faster.
  18. dmartin248 New Member

These mounts are basically rinse and repeats of mounts that are in the game. Yes graphics are different in some, but this twenty year veteran (EQ1 and EQ2) won't be fooled. This price? uhm..no.
    Prissetta likes this.
  19. Zookeeper Active Member

.............................................................................................................................................

You mean??!....
    You'd rather fly above the mobs faster than you can navigate the hilly terrain, sink holes, water hazards and mobs on a Ground Mount that is specially designed to let you slow down so you can engage those mobs and get more level points, or even have a glorious death as you heroically battle hordes of vicious mobs, impressing friends and guildies who will be proud of you for your outstanding valor in combat??
    How archaic....
  20. Neiloch Well-Known Member

You can get them for a few hundred dollars if you know where to look with them being tradable.