Don't fix anything and use dev time on a Duck Mount

Discussion in 'PvP & Battlegrounds' started by Tippysaurus, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Tippysaurus Active Member

!!!
    Fetish and Trasor like this.
  2. Tippysaurus Active Member

Holy crap there is a God! SOE Listened to me! Who knew all we had to do was waste their time!
    Trasor likes this.
  3. Tippysaurus Active Member

/sarcasm 0
  4. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I'll get right on to working on your code fixes. What code language should I use?
  5. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

I laughed at the title but then it hurt because it's so true.
    Siren and Trasor like this.
  6. Ynnek Well-Known Member

ttoby for lead PvP dev!

(I mean, with no coding skills at all, could he really do any worse then the current situation? And we'd all be so well animated!)
    Siren likes this.
  7. Trasor Active Member

Lol this thread just highlights how much of a joke it is to continue to play PvP in this game: when a type of mount gets more attention then your entire game play.

I like you ttobey, but did you by chance see what Roshen posted on January 5th? It has been almost 2 months later, and 4 since the expac and nothing has been done here.
  8. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

No sorry, I shouldn't joke around to what's important to you guys. My point was we have part of the team that works on our own thing. So sorry if I came across as glib.
    Siren, Ajjantis, Xillean and 3 others like this.
  9. Foretold Well-Known Member

In other words, the people who work on the duck mount have nothing to do with fixing PvP. Thus, no resources are being pulled from PvP development to make a duck.
  10. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

It's no biggy. Lucky for you there isn't anything we havn't seen, heard or dealt with when it comes to dev feedback/fixes or lack there of. The only attention we get is when one of our threads gets locked down.
  11. Katanallama Well-Known Member

In my player panel at SOE Live, I told people to e-mail you about technical questions regarding ui / programming stuff :3 Glad you're stepping up to the plate.

And yea, most game studios have smaller teams within working on each of the features / sections of the game. I'd hate to think of someone handling character rigging + animation while trying to balance the code behind PVP servers
    Glassjaw likes this.
  12. Exur Well-Known Member

Please sticky this thread. It contains greatness
    Fetish and Trasor like this.
  13. Spock Active Member

Working on fixing pvp is so hard to do. I'm sure duck mount is way easier to do.
  14. Feldon Well-Known Member

So, PvP/BG haters. Please tell me what PvP changes you'd like the lead animator of EverQuest and EverQuest II to implement.
    Glassjaw likes this.
  15. Exur Well-Known Member

Relax.. we all know. The thread was a troll and it's funny. ttobey's response was even better and appreciated. It's only 3 people left here poking fun at our little island of false hope. If it's not funny to you... walk a mile in our shoes.

I still can't believe I saw red names and even Feldon. Of all threads to chime in on. ugh!

"PvP/BG haters"..... Stay classy. :rolleyes:
    Siren, Ajjantis and Trasor like this.
  16. Loshal Member

Well, obviously, to balance PvP correctly, all the most powerful abilities need new animations. Ones that are humiliating. Thus eliminating cheese by the power of shame, or, failing that, making it hilarious.
  17. Slant Well-Known Member

Lawled pretty hard
  18. Cuoco Member

ttobey do you think you can sneak into the pvp code for 5 minutes and give us the new pvp tokens for warfields please?
  19. Pawder Active Member

Rumor has it that the PvP Dev will get some fixes out in the future after he gets done delivering pizzas at his main job.
    Fetish, Siren and Slant like this.
  20. Feldon Well-Known Member

The PvP Dev office is now the break room.
    Trasor and Slant like this.