Don't delete thelaunchpad.cache folder if ..

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Ra'Gruzgob, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

This message is for those who use full client of this game, who don't have very fast Internet (for those, who takes a lot of time for download full client of game), as well as for Daybreak Game Company. Usually, if we see error 4-503 in launcher, then this isn't problem, since restarting usually doesn't contain this error. But after this error is repeated time after time and we cannot enter game, we are looking for solution to problem. I will not write about it here now. The simplest and first thing is to turn off your modem, wait a bit and turn it on again, etc. Daybreak, you must make change to in next page - https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/217509478-Launchpad-is-stuck-or-won-t-download Because I'm sure you have already lost players due to the problem that I to talk about here. If you do following (from what is written on specified page): "Delete thelaunchpad.cache folder and relaunch the LaunchPad again". In this happen, game client starts loading again. Your current game client becomes huge pile of unneed garbage and you are forced to wait for full game client to load again. Following such recommendation leads to such very serious problem (alas, I also gave it earlier, because I myself didn't encounter consequences of these actions. And I have to apologize to those who suffered from this, having read what I wrote about this before. Sorry, I didn’t notice this unintentional trap before). This is only suitable for those who have very, very fast Internet, for those who can download fast full game client; and for those who use streaming to play EQii. But those whose Internet is not very fast (and this is lot of players) can just spit on this game with annoyance and leave. And I'm pretty sure that it those did who saw that after they downloaded full game client, perhaps for more than one day, everything was reset and the loading of the whole game resumed again, after deleting launchpad cache. Daybreak, you must warn your players about this. This is not case when instructions for microwave oven say that you don't dry your pet cat in it, dog or hamster, etc. This is case when it isn't obvious that someone who already has full game client, due to lack of thoughtfulness of your recommendation, will be forced to download full client again. I be advised to players to have local copy of full game client elsewhere as well, and of course to update this, if possible after each update of the game, and first making sure that everything is in order with the game, that is, after entering in game. In this case, you can restore your full client to working condition (by copying the files of non-damaged client in faulty one, that is, replacing them with healthy ones) and you will not have to download whole game again. Daybreak, pay attention to what I'm saying. This isn't so important to me, but that you have already lost players due to your oversight is very likely that this is a fact
    Juraiya and Soara2 like this.