Done with this class

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-collins1, Nov 11, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-collins1 Guest

i'm done figure i'd share the reasons
    sacrafice life for dps = fail
    cap on dps for dots = fail
    AD doesnt stack right with UT = fail on soe
    lifeburn = fail cost to much health to cast on hm mobs
    Undead horde = fail dumbfire pets
    ooze pet = wow why was it even brought into the game
    debuffs = why waste time with them
    prolly going to get rages * shrug* bring it on I wont see it. i'm done with this class polish a turd its still a turd
  2. ARCHIVED-Nanran Guest

This is a sad and disappointing /ragequit, what happened to the good old days of true internet ********? Tisk, tisk.
  3. ARCHIVED-Rhadamanthys Guest

Well, you're right about all of that, but necros are still my favorite class.
  4. ARCHIVED-Germs666 Guest

One time we got a red name in this forum and he showed us he obviously has no clue about the class.
    That pretty much sums up the direction in which this game is heading. Now Scouts and tanks are gonna get multi attack so the devs are gonna give casters multi spell attack.
    Which will do nothing for us and dirges will soon out parse necros
  5. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Pretty weak excuses to quit the class if you ask me.
    Don't expect any kind of class balance tweaks until Velious, though.
  6. ARCHIVED-Germs666 Guest

Sess did you betray back to conji already? LOL
    Necromancers needs some serious developer attention! I'm too lazy/broke to betray or else I would've by now but I'm sure as soon as I do EB won't be OP anymore.
  7. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

I betrayed back mostly because my guild asked me to. It's better to have two conjurors and a necro than it is to have a conjuror and two necros. That and I sucked at it compared to my skill level as a conjuror (it's hard to learn a class after only two weeks), plus I had to replace a couple conjuror-specific items with downgrades, so I also had a gear gap.
    Had I played a necro as long as I played a conjuror, I have zero doubt I would have parsed as well either way. In fact, I rather enjoyed the class overall, and would recommend it.
  8. ARCHIVED-Germs666 Guest

it's better to have 2 conjis because they dps better, have more utility, more AoE damage and no annoying immunities to deal with (lifeburn)
    I understand. You liked the class so much you betrayed back in two weeks to the other class with the obvious advantage.
    Or your guild wanted you to because they wanted a dps class.
    Makes perfect sense.
  9. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

Xalmat wrote:
    doubt that.
    because i have raided with many good conj and necros and conj are constantly out parsing necros.
  10. ARCHIVED-KinMorbidreamer Guest

Sess couldn't take being the underdog class for too long, heh.
  11. ARCHIVED-Cisgo Guest

Davngr1 wrote:
    If your talking equally "high end" geared summoners the above assumption of equal parsing is false. Due to the potency cap lift (Aka. 200% potency Plane Shifts), the high end pet gear, the Elemental Blast/Time Warped numbers, the superior AoE DPS, there is no way a necromancer can duplicate or even come close to a conjuror on most encounters. The lower geared summoners will not notice as much disparity and the above could be true to an extent.
    It is what it is, spin this anyway you want to guys, however the current mechanics favor one summoner over the other. I challange anyone to dispute me with numbers, not speculations. I have the numbers but frankly I am getting tired of presenting them. Hopefully this upcoming beta test we will see some positive changes.
  12. ARCHIVED-Garlin1 Guest

Cisgo wrote:
    Could not of said it better myself. Xal, you can assume as much as you want but when it comes down to it conjs are favored.. period. The game mechanics are biased currently.
  13. ARCHIVED-Solarax Guest

collins1 wrote:
    actually i know how you feel
    i have 2 conji 1 necro and an illy
    i have a low level wizzy i will restart and a warlock planned.
    also have a lvl22 assassin with 123AA and so far i like all characters for diferent reasons but in groups im liking the conji and necros less and less
    maybe its time i studied up on how to be a proper melee DPS until the adventure class reset gets in game ( will reset one of my conji so i keep my tradeskills)
  14. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

frankly the doom and gloom on these forums is warranted. necro went from being a powerful class in t6 and T7 after being next to useless in T5, back to useless in T8.
    granted the class has progressed since the horrid days of RoK but there is still serious balance issues between both summoner and other dps classes imo.

will there be any dev attention or at least fixes to clearly broken aspects of the class? broken things like soulrot tick cap and dumbfire pet?
  15. ARCHIVED-nadym Guest

They don't care (or at least that is what they have proved for years already). There, have you seen it, some red characters, that's the only red characters you are going to see for the next two expansions in necromancer forum.

I enjoy decorating my house with lots of skeletons though
  16. ARCHIVED-Vaylan77 Guest

I also have a Conjy in t4 fully maxed and now tried the Necro. Still building it but I have to say my Conjy is much more fun to play actually. The Necro comes with lots of dots and it takes for my taste longer to kill an enemy. Also the necro in t4 does not have direct buffs for teammates (Conjy has Flameshield and Seed of Fire).

Also the extra pet looks better - Conjy has a healer pet. In some situations it comes handy.

The AOE knockback is much better than the AOE lifedrain imho, also the encounter spell with the daze effect is much better than the necros encounter damage spell.

All in all I have atm more fun with the Conjy although I have to see how the Necro will look like fully maxed.
  17. ARCHIVED-Triste-Lune Guest

I have yet to see a necro betray to conj and comeback while i have seen many conj betray to necro and return really really fast to conj.
  18. ARCHIVED-Trensharo Guest

Triste-Lune wrote:
    I went to Conjuror and went back, but that was in my 40s-60s. However, I been been really thinking about going back to Conjuror. The only thing keeping me back is the fact that I have too many master Spells now, and I'm not rich so it would take forever to remaster every pet and virtually every damage spells outside of Vampire Bats plus a few others (group buffs, Consumption, etc.).
  19. ARCHIVED-Puck Guest

I actually love the class, but I'm still low level. DoT classes are more my thing, so I like the "DoT em and forget em" approach. Honestly having more fun with this class than any other Mage class. The Wizard I found boring (unchallenging). The Enchanter was cute-ish but dazzling lights also werent my thing. Conjuror I found to be too easy (although they are our counterpart). Maybe its the death and decay aspect of Necro. Maybe I've played them for years in games. Maybe its the RP flavor of them I like. I tend to look at more than just min-max and stats than a lot of players do (you know, the types that play a class only because its OP). I look at what "personality" the class brings and in that I love Necro.
    As for the suckage, Im not seeing it. I swear I'm having an easier time playing the Necro than any class I've played, including Paladin, Templar, and Swashbuckler. But I like DoTs. Some people like to kill things in 3 seconds. I prefer to DoT things then stand back and chuckle and watch their health drop after 5 seconds. In fact the only class that has been easier than the Necro to play is the Fury imo.