Don’t Miss Out. Sign Up for E-mails Now!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Dec 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicolos Active Member

Same situation here. I have always gotten e mails from SOE including the recent AOM survey just last week. Yet for this promotion I did not receive a mail any of the 3 days. This is unfortunate as I was ready to buy some SC for a double or greater promotion. I hope since so many seem affected by this that they will make it up to us.
    Hirofortis and Merriel like this.
  2. Hirofortis Active Member

So this is great:

from customer support
    "I am sorry we do not have a way to give a code for customers who did not opt in. The rules where very clear as stated in the forum post and the newsletters. I am sorry you feel as you do but there is nothing we can do please sign up for the next promo so you are sure to get the newsletters. Please make sure for the future that you are receiving newsletters. When we checked on the date of your contact there was no opt ins found. "

This is so full of it. I have been receiving emails from SOE for years. I have been opted in for years. I love when they have no clue what is going on. Someone needs to go over to the customer support team and tell them how to actually look up the issue. :(
  3. Jamzez Active Member

I was all excited and thought I got one but it was for the god awful Landmark game that I wanted a refund for.
  4. Finora Well-Known Member

I was just coming to post exactly the same thing Hirofortis.

That is the exact response for one of my account's petition and I KNOW I was opted in. It's pretty annoying to have checked to make sure you were opted in for all this, go through all the trouble with the petitions only to be told 'too bad you didn't opt in" by CS, when I am looking at the page and there is clearly a big green check mark in the opt in box.

Happily, that's not the way all the CS are handling it because one of the other accounts got granted a code via the petition, which was much more satisfactory.

Needless to say, I'm disappointed in this promotion despite the fact that one account that did receive a triple code.
  5. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

What puzzles me is this. I have read that some that didn't get a code sent were able to use one of a guild mate's. If that is true, it should be simple for CS to give those, who didn't get codes but should have, a code to use.

I deleted all that email spam, as our family does not have the funds to buy SC right now. We bought what we could afford on Black Friday. Looks like all the accounts I opted in for got the emails too. (I will likely have to go through and un-opt-in later, as that is waaaaay too much spam to get everytime any SoE info is being sent to me.)

It is ironic that I do not welcome the codes being sent. But there are so many that are not getting them that want them sent...
  6. Mayali New Member

I don't think this promotion was very well thought out.

I had been planning on buying some SC if I got a triple SC code. I got a double SC code on Saturday, but opted not to take advantage of that. Why would I when there was still a chance at a triple SC code, or at least another double, the next day? Unfortunately, the code I received on Sunday was only a 50% code, and I opted not to take advantage of the promotion as a result.

I can't help but wonder how much money SoE missed out on because of the nature of this promotion (in addition to the people who did not get their emails). Overall, it seems to have been a bit of a disaster.
  7. Wazaa New Member

Here's the one I got:
    "I'm sorry to hear that you did not receive a promotional code. If you have already checked the account to make sure it was opted in for e-mail contact by Wednesday, December 17th and that you have logged into a PC game by January 1st, 2014, and that the junk/spam folders of your e-mail have been double checked, we are currently working with our Platform team to investigate why some players did not receive an e-mail. Thank you for your patience and cooperation."

Obviously a cut and paste answer to the million email they've got, my message clearly stated that i opted in and triple checked before the 17th.

Dear SoE, why do you have support functions if you cannot be bothered to read the emails?
  8. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

Greetings Everyone,

At this time, we are still investigating reasons that might have prevented players from receiving e-mails. I apologize to anyone that did not receive a direct e-mail and assure you we want to gather as much information as possible to identify issues and make sure players do not encounter these problems again.

I wanted to thank you all for providing feedback about this promotion, but please remember to keep it constructive so that we can make improvements based on your suggestions.
  9. Hirofortis Active Member

Telling your player base they are lieing is is the first thing you need to stop. That is a very constructive feedback. Communicating with your CS reps so that they are all on the same page is a very good feedback. Providing some sort of reconciliation to the people you wronged because the system did not work correctly is also a very good feedback. Giving good customer service, taking responsibility for your errors, and caring for your customers who pay your wage are what I leave you as constructive feedback.
  10. IddyBear New Member

I got lucky because my wife got a email yet i did not. Simple solution.. Do a triple sc weekend for new years and be done with it
    Inaraha likes this.
  11. Kaisar Dragon New Member

Weird. I didn't even know about this. As I was reading it I got an email "Top 10 Reasons to Get Landmark". Sooo, you can't tell me I'm not opted in. I didn't get anything about triple SC.

EDIT: Checked the opt in box. All is as it should be. Been waiting thinking a holiday SC event was coming, but I seem to have been screwed out of it. Fantastic. Don't know why you don't just have the event instead of doing this email thing.
  12. Wrathburn New Member

Day 4 now of the "opt in" email promotion and I have not received a single email code. Like many others, I received the email last week for the AoM survey (which I completed) and many other emails from SOE in the past. I have checked my email account preferences four times to ensure that I have been "opted in" to receive the emails for this promotion. I also have been checking spam/junk folders for misplaced emails.

My constructive feedback would be to stop sending emails for this promotion since it is clearing not working as intended. Instead, send in-game mails to redeem or set up a NPC in-game to speak to enable to receive the reward.

-Wrathburn (SOE customer since 2000)
  13. Loch Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure it ended yesterday...so you definitely won't get one now.
  14. Paws Member

Well, I got an email for two days and now no email. Really confused now.
  15. hwy101 Active Member

Double checked to make sure i was on the mailing list and checked on my account page as per instruction. Funny thing is i have 11 emails from soe since 20 nov 14. Gonna have to bad talk you guys once again. The survey can rot in my in box as protest.
  16. Shiba Active Member

I filed a separate ticket for each account that didn't get an email. The first few responses were basically, "We're sorry, we're looking in to it." But the last one, that I just got, was basically, "Maybe it was your email provider. There's nothing we can do now because the promotion's over." Is it too much to ask that the people you pay to handle promotions actually know how to do a promotion?
  17. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Here's a suggestion for the next time you do this. Have all the codes be usable till the end of the promotion.
    Then a player can pick the one or ones they want to use the most by the end of the last day.
  18. Poinsettia New Member

Same here, expecting the usual xmas 3x SC sale I heard about from vets I had planned on getting quite a bit for the noble aerakyn an char slot as well as a double race change since its more then I could normally afford.

I would have been thrilled to even get a double sc, although I got the codes mine were 1- 50% and 2-25 % so instead, now I will just stop spending till I feel a little more appreciated, especially after my recent purchase of the DM.

My opinion on this whole thing is that it seemed more like an SC lottery then anything else.
    Prrasha and Sandyfoot like this.
  19. Feldon Well-Known Member

20. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Customer Service closed my secondary account ticket because they claim its a duplicate. Their was a response on my primary account with 1 code. Um....I should have gotten 3 per account for a total of 6 since I didn't think I needed to opt in on 4 more of my accounts. When I told them how upset I am the only thing I got back was sorry you feel that way. Their other promotion (Gamestop) was a total failure as well without them honoring the promotion through the advertised date. I am tired of them not honoring their promotions. I have filed a formal complaint with BBB. Let's see if the executives understand that. I would have spent a ton of money if I had gotten triple station cash code. Tired of all the drama they have caused.

1. Honor promotions
    2. Don't blame customers
    3. Enough of the lottery crap
    4. Don't act like loyal customers are liars
    5. Stop causing drama
    Prrasha, Calthine, Almee and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.