Don’t Miss Out. Sign Up for E-mails Now!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Dec 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finora Well-Known Member

I checked and all the accounts have the opted in checked.

All of the accounts have been logged on at least once a week for most of this past year, three of the accounts (two of which didn't receive mail) have been logged almost every day since the loyalty tokens were added. All 7 accounts have been logged on daily since Frostfell started (we have to get our presents from Santa Glug! ;) )

As of this morning, I have seen no new mail. Tickets have been submitted.
    Hirofortis likes this.
  2. Easily Lost New Member

I've logged in almost every day since I restarted my all access pass November 11. I updated my account to check the opt-in check box shortly after the opt-in thing was announced.

This is the FAQ I read last night and the reason I feel that SOE doesn't consider the issue of people not receiving emails to be SOE's problem. I got the distinct impression from that FAQ that SOE feels their computer systems are infallible and that we players are the screw-ups. And I did check my email settings and junk folder. I received two automated response emails from the ticket I submitted yesterday so i think my getting email from SOE is working fine on my end.

It doesn't matter that much to me monetarily unless I would have gotten a 3x code. I already grabbed some SC on the recent sale. I'm more upset about the principle of the thing that it appears that many players including myself fell through the cracks on this and are now considered by SOE as being the ones that messed up.
    Hirofortis and Feldon like this.
  3. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Okay this has now made me extremely mad. Have you logged into that account this year....you are joking right?!? I am online on both my all access accounts daily! I get my free frostfell present every day on all toons on all six of my accounts and when its not frostfell I have these dang tradeskill apprentices that demand attention.

From the first day...what over a year if not over two years ago when the very first announcement went out to opt in to emails I have been opted in for all games except DCUO. I have gotten so many emails for all sorts of things. The most recent email was for Planetside 2's two year anniversary bundle. I get emails for support tickets sent to my email. I double checked both accounts the day the most recent announcement was posted about opting in and took a screenshot yesterday showing that yep....still opted in to the emails. The crazy thing is you saying that you had to be opted in for emails by 12/17 which is wrong...I told my friend near the end of the day on 12/18 and he got the promotion email but not me. Its not that my mail junk folders are getting it. My email account was clean so there was no way I could have missed an email. My husband didn't get the email for this promotion either even tho he is opted in as well but he is upset about SOE not honoring the two year anniversary bundle deal cuz he refused to buy while it was bugged and wasn't fixed until it ended. I was bugged during the last sale on my main account so wasn't allowed to gift. Then there was the promotion with Gamestop when they never received the sale details from SOE and then when it was "fixed" guess what it was over 2 days before the announcement date. When I heard back from an SOE employee that it probably wouldn't be resolved until Monday I was staying calm and not going to stress but this post &**^%@ me off.

Its not your customers....its broken on your end! Thanks for making it worse by blaming it on us.
    Hirofortis and Feldon like this.
  4. Hirofortis Active Member

I am in the same situation. I am so mad at SOE right now it is not even funny. I looked and I am opted in. I know I checked it before. I have always been opted in. Now they are telling me nope, your not even though my account clearly shows I am. I am so upset right now that SOE can screw this up this bad. They are like, well what day did you opt in. I am like you are kidding me. I have to keep a transaction record on my own of every time I make a change to my account? SOE can't get it right. soooo upset.
  5. HaphazardAllure Well-Known Member

Ugh...wondering why they didn't just have a double or triple SC weekend for all. It would be way less hassle for all involved, and SOE would have made more money. They could have even said it only applies on SC purchases made online through SOE/no SC cards and it would have been better than this. :/
    Finora likes this.
  6. Gudum Active Member

Whether or not you get the email clearly isn't related to not logging in/playing an account. All my accounts use the same email address, the ones that received the emails are never actually played, they used to be used to increase the group size while in dungeon maker, and now are logged in only to pick up the loyalty point, since all I have to do is group them with the main account for a few minutes. My main account did not get the email, and it is logged in every day to go through thirteen tradeskill apprentices, and is the only account that actually goes out and does anything else in the game.
  7. SOE-MOD-02 Member

Thank you for the information!
  8. Paddyo Member

I'll second this. Got 3 emails yesterday, 2 different codes for the same inactive account, and one email for a different inacative account in the household. Neither active account got an email, and both are opted in. Since the terms of the offer in the FAQ indicate having logged in and being opted in, the filters for sending out the email seem to be inappropriately skewed.
    I will also note 2 other things:
    1. I used the codes sent to the inactive accounts on my 2 active accounts. They worked fine, but once claimed were no longer useable, as it should be.

2. If the idea behind this is to give people a little holiday bonus, but also to spur some SC sales for the company, I shouldn't be waiting for another email today, I should get that email as soon as possible after Midnight pacific. The code is good all day, but the longer it takes you to get it to me, and for me to put it in and see what my bonus is, is gambling (on the company's part) as to whether I will have time/be available to actually do it. If you want to sell something on a daily deal, that deal needs to be available as soon as possible and for as long as possible during the 24 hour cycle.
  9. Mowse Well-Known Member

So the current reward is if you buy station cash??? You get more? Brother!
  10. Ysabeau New Member

Yay! I just got an email. Thank you, whoever fixed that. :)
  11. Valiin New Member

I have been opted in since I opened my account 10 years ago and didnt get a promo email.....sigh another SOE fail for the long term people....
    Hirofortis likes this.
  12. Sapphyrre Member

Well, I did get my emails. I have two accounts, and both accounts got two emails each. I went through the link in the email to redeem my code on one of my accounts, and I went through all the steps that I was prompted to do. I kept thinking that any second it was going to tell me what my bonus amount was, but it never did. In the end, I bought 2,500 SC and received 2,500 SC, no bonus at all. And I've had an incident report in since 7:30 p.m. my time last evening, and I've never heard a word from any customer support yet.
  13. Indabuff Active Member

I have not received any mails. I am signed up and log in daily.
  14. HaphazardAllure Well-Known Member

Just wanted to let everyone know that I got an e-mail just now and triple sc code went through without issue. Thank you SOE! I hope everyone with issues gets them resolved soon. :/
  15. Tyanu New Member

I got a code yesterday and today but both codes said expired or already redeemed...I had not waited too long or redeemed it before. Anyone else have that problem?
  16. Xianthia Well-Known Member

You need to input the email code into the code area box. I got the expired/already redeemed message and then realized that I'd clicked the button to see the reward but had not put in the code. I copied code from email, plugged it in, clicked button and worked fine. (hopefully that's the issue?)
  17. Wrathburn New Member

I have not received either of the two "opted in" emails. My wife on the other hand has received both of the emails. I have checked three times to make sure I am "opted in" and my email is verified. I log into the game every day. Please look into this SOE.
  18. Filly67 Well-Known Member

Just like the game, when something isn't going right they are always going to contribute it to player error.
    Hirofortis likes this.
  19. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Sigh... Another SC discount code today. I would not have bothered to set up all my accounts to get promotional emails if I had known it would have just been SC random discount codes. We bought all our holiday season SC on Black Friday. Don't have the funds to buy any more.
  20. Filly67 Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure that all of the offers are SC related, but I could be incorrect.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.