Don’t Miss Out. Sign Up for E-mails Now!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Dec 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sandyfoot Well-Known Member

I'm going to "un-signup" for this:

Station Cash Mystery Bonus

I don't do "promos" or participate in any marketing scheme that requires use of card details in order to see what kind of "mystery bonus" I get (tricky way of avoiding that term "win"). This isn't a promotion where the items promoted are clearly stated such as those offered in the past.

No thank you SOE. No thank you Sony. If this is the direction promotions are going, count me out.
    Milliebii likes this.
  2. Feldon Well-Known Member

The daily limit is supposed to be 30,000 StationCash.

If you try to buy 30,000 and it won't let you, then that's clearly a bug.
  3. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

E-mails will still be going out. If you followed the steps to Opt-In in time and still haven't received an e-mail, then you should still receive one sometime during the holiday promo. :)

They are working on a fix for this during the promotional period. But, please go ahead and contact CS to complete the transaction now if you'd still like the 30k option. I'm sorry about the inconvenience! : /
    Enric_of_Neriak likes this.
  4. Llwellyn Active Member

Did you have to have a card on file or put card details in to apply the bonus code to see the discount? You had to specify one of the three payment methods, but this is because they offer different rates and discounts for the different methods. I don't remember having to specify which card to use or enter the details for a non-saved card to pay on previous purchases until after designating the amount of station cash to purchase, even with a saved card on file.

Either way, it is clearly your choice not to participate if you don't feel safe doing so. You're probably better off than the rest of us... at least you'll have a fatter wallet, anyway ;)
  5. CowKiller Member

Quite disappointed in SOE for this opt in promo
    wow give SOE more money for more sc ( don't get me wrong i like sc ) but spent my funds for SC when it was double just a few weeks ago
    but was hope it was a beta key to try H1Z1 or Next
    since opt in is 20$ and will all the flopped mmo of late who wants to pay money on a flop
    and who want to gives SOE money for a opt in after SOE droped the bomb on landmark
    ( if you didn't know ) The week landmark hit Steam. steam had it on sale for 19.99 for the founders pack ( i payed 109$CAD)

with all the HYPE they made for the surprise they could have used it for something else
    they could have used the hype to :
    Do a in game secret party on a select server / game
    Give beta keys out or alpha
    Promote H1Z1 with a ingame item
    Hand out or sale LON loot card promo cards ( like the fish tank)
    http://eq2wire.com/2011/02/01/legends-aquarium-loot-card-for-10/
    ( i keep getting asked were did i get it from )( and yes i want another )

but all we got was SC 25% 50% double or triple
    why would any one buy SC if they got the 25% or 50% if the special changed daily
    ( You will receive a new code each day)

SOE u really dropped it this time

6. Enric_of_Neriak Member

I don't know if can't be redeemed for amounts less than 10k but for the 10k option it couldn't be redeemed. Like I said, for me it was an impulse buy and when it didn't work without issue I walked away.
  7. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

Any SC amount less than 30k is working properly through the website. It's only the 30k option that currently needs CS assistance.
    Enric_of_Neriak likes this.
  8. Sandyfoot Well-Known Member

My comments have nothing to do about safety. It's about the promotion, the way it is being "promoted" and what is required in order to view what was "won" in order to cash in on the promotion. This is different from anything they've done before and I don't like it. So with that, I will not make further comment about it.
    Milliebii likes this.
  9. Caela Well-Known Member

You don't have to enter any payment details for any of the three options when you click on it. Even when you redeem the code, you are not asked for any payment details. You will know exactly what the promo is before you can decide to buy or not.

I chose not to go through with the purchase since I didn't like the discount amount - maybe tomorrow's will be better - but other than logging in, no other information was sent to SOE.

But you do what you want.
    Finora likes this.
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

When are these emails supposed to arrive? Obviously some people have gotten then but I haven't seen anything yet. I did recently get the AoM survey, so they've got my email...
    Cuelaen likes this.
  11. Kittybock Well-Known Member

I thought it pretty straightforward. It is, after all, a promotion...they are offering the chance to get discounts on Station Cash the week before a holiday, in case I want to send things to oh my Hubby (who'd better NOT be reading this). I have no issue with it other than I may wait and see if I get a better offer tomorrow, before I purchase.

It's not like I'd expected to open it and get a free Alberich the Wise...okay, well...umm, maybe... *sniffle, sniffle" ;)
  12. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

They have completed sending out e-mails for the day. Because of the large amount of e-mails that went out, there might be a delay in e-mail delivery with some ISPs. If you know that you Opted-In before Dec. 17th, have played the game this year, and have still not received an e-mail by the end of the day, then please submit a ticket to Customer Service so they can take a look at your account.
  13. Elhai Member

I sent in a ticket x 2, because I have two accounts that I made sure were opted in for, and didn't receive the email on either of them. I had been planning to use my birthday money to shop with whatever the promotional email was, and I gotta say, I'm pretty disappointed. Worse yet, my husband received two emails on his accounts, and he won't even use them. But since these are account related, he can't even give me the codes to use. Disappointment all around.
    Cuelaen likes this.
  14. Qixil Active Member

Same for me, 2 accounts as well.
  15. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

I'm slow, can someone give me a 20 word summary of what this was about?

P.S. Thanks Afista :D
  16. Flatline Well-Known Member

Same, 2 accounts got nothing, my 'trash account' on the other hand which i didnt even check ... got a code LOL so so NOT worth it for the hazzle.. yall got it under control
  17. Gudum Active Member

Missing emails here also. Have a total of six accounts (several created just for the purpose of starting a guild, don't really get played), three received no email at all, including the main account that is all-access and gets played the most. The other three have each received two emails, the initial email and then a reminder of how long until it runs out. I have checked the spam folder and there are none there.

Not really concerned as I don't need any more SC at the moment, just verifying that there are problems somewhere in the system.
    Finora likes this.
  18. Finora Well-Known Member

Out of the 7 accounts in our household only 2 have received the emails. So support tickets sent for everyone else, hoping the rest of the promotions don't have these issues.
  19. Griff Well-Known Member

Same here, account with mules got promotion.
  20. Arilynvia New Member

My account window timed out and I "lost" the ability to use my 3X SC. I petitioned it but they think I am not getting the $85 purchase and suggested I pick a lower option. But I am no longer seeing the discounted amounts at all so buying a lessor amount with the discount is not possible :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.