Domino Please Help: TLE Level 40 writs are a net loss

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Reynalda, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I'll bet the leveling is still faster than it was in the early days. :p
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

In The Beginning there were Worts. And we spent a lot of time making Worts, and selling them to other artisans, and yea verily grinding up our own alt crafters to make Worts for us. Only after much lamentation were the Great Gods moved to allow us to make all our own Worts, if we so desired. And boy, howdy, you could nearly get three levels just off making the dratted Worts, which you had to have before you could craft Stuff.
    Kelvani likes this.
  3. Ruallin Ebonhammer Active Member

God how I hated WORTS back then. As a Sage I couldn't make anything without buying components from other crafters, not one thing that I can remember. Although if anything it was more realistic making ink, making paper, making quills etc in order to craft a spell.

Nostalgia only goes so far though, I would not want to return to those days.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  4. Azian Well-Known Member

No question at all this is true. Leveling is far and away faster now. However, even in the early days I don't recall losing money due to fuel costs. Maybe I'm just old with fuzzy memory though.
  5. Domino Well-Known Member

Sorry for the delay seeing this, I'm still catching up and there's lots to do! I'll check it out.
    Bashem, Lateana, Faeonara and 7 others like this.
  6. HaphazardAllure Well-Known Member

Thank you! :)
  7. Reynalda New Member

Domino, thank you so much for your response. I know the problem is in good hands. I am sure the crafting community from Stormhold is very grateful for whatever you can do. By the way, I referred to 'writs' generally, but I meant rush orders. Thanks again!
  8. Domino Well-Known Member

Investigation reveals that Caith's explanation is correct: repeatable quests cannot reward more than 2g per quest part on a timelocked server. Unfortunately, level 40 is where the fuel costs start to go up, which means that for crafting classes who didn't have a lot of recipes, their writs had them make 6 of the same thing in just one quest part (or 3 of each thing in 2 parts). So the reimbursment for the fuel costs was over 2g and was getting reduced by the server rules. This affected the following writs: level 40 armorer, carpenter, tailor, weaponsmith, woodworker; and also level 44 and 49 weaponsmith and woodworker.

Solution: I have modified writs to ensure that they all have a minimum of 3 parts each, which means you get your fuel reimbursment in 3 stages, which works out to under 2 gold per stage and therefore you'll get the full fuel cost back. You'll still be making the same number of things, just in 3 different parts.

Notes: I didn't change the non-timed writs, you will still lose fuel money on these. This should go into the next hotfix. I am told the 2g limit will be raised when the server cap goes over level 50, so hopefully this will not happen again in that level range, but if so we can deal with that in the same way.
    Lateana, Faeonara, Odyssey and 6 others like this.
  9. Adevil Well-Known Member

Work Orders have the same problem.
  10. Adevil Well-Known Member

Not sure about 49, but my level 44 tailor is getting Rush Orders with 4 different items in 1-1-1-3 quantities.

Thanks for fixing this, Domino :)

Edit: Level 40 Sage rush orders also have quantities of 1-1-1-3.
    Azian likes this.
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

Some of the writs, Tailor 44, for example, have 4 different steps, but still loses out on fuel costs because 1 of the steps is 3 of 1 item (so 92s16c x 3 > 2g). It's not quite the number of steps, but rather the multiples of items we're called on to make that causes the problem. Provision 40 has a similar problem
    Azian likes this.
  12. Domino Well-Known Member

I'd ask what crazy person would make a writ like that, but there's a possibility it was me way back whenever, so I'll just say thanks -- fixed the 44 tailor and 40 sage writs also. :) The provisioner writs do have a part that requires 4 combines, but since their fuel is cheaper, it doesn't push it over the 2g limit. Hopefully that's all of them!
    Lateana, Faeonara, Adevil and 2 others like this.
  13. Filly67 Well-Known Member

Domino words can't describe how happy I am to see you back, so I will just say Welcome Back! It's so nice to see someone seeing a problem, addressing it and fixing it all in the same day. Outstanding.
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  14. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Thank you for adjusting the rush order writs. May I respectfully ask why you didn't adjust the work orders also? I totally detest timed quests so work orders are the ones I do.
  15. Domino Well-Known Member

Because unfortunately, I already spent half a day on this which I should have been spending on the upcoming campaign. This gives folk in this level range an option (other than sticking with the level 39 quests), but as this is a problem that will go away as people level up and as the server unlocks and that 2g cap is lifted, spending any extra time on the non-timed writs is a lower priority right now compared to other tradeskill tasks that also need attention. Sorry!
    Faeonara, Rhodris and Neiloch like this.
  16. Kraetec Active Member

This is going to be the difficulty with the TLE servers. By having the TLE servers and the live servers going simultaneously (especially given the popularity of the TLE servers), you're basically running two games. You're going to have thousands of players on the TLE looking for new/fun "content" over the next few years ...even if the definition of that might be different than what "new content" means on the Live servers.

Also, looking at your signature, are you now working on EQNext, EQ2 Live servers, and EQ2 TLE servers? I mean no criticism of you at all; however, it is something that we notice and it's disconcerting. I've been around a long time and know you do very good work; but, this seems like a big load.
  17. Josgar Active Member

I think the EQN team is loaning her to the EQ2 team.
  18. Reynalda New Member

Domino, thank you very much for resolving this issue. This allows me (and my crew of alts) to forge ahead and rebuild our empire on Stormhold. It is reassuring to know that the developers of this game, and you in particular, care about the quality of the gaming experience that the players have, and the reason why, after years and years, I still love this game more than any other. Your solution was excellent, and I especially appreciate it, given the amount of work you have piled up. You are probably invisible at your desk, hidden behind stacks and stacks of pleas, requests, and work orders. To take the time to fix one single problem speaks volumes about your dedication to the game and the needs of its players.
    Faeonara, Adevil and HaphazardAllure like this.
  19. Juni Member

Thanks yous Domino!!
  20. Elinea Well-Known Member

In case you haven't noticed, Domino, you've been VERY missed around here! Glad to see you again, even if it's just temporary :)
    HaphazardAllure likes this.