Does Test server use a different log in server?

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Alenna, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Alenna Well-Known Member

I can get into live but when I try to get on to test and log in servers aren't working.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Yes. Change your region/version from US-English (or EU-English) in the patcher (bottom left) to Test.
    If this is your first time, it will create a second copy of the game in a folder called TestServer. Reason being they get patched differently than live servers. Usually get Holiday Events early for testing as well as some other patches/updates.
  3. Alenna Well-Known Member

I know about htat alphonsus I had changed it to public test was on public test game crashed I tried to get on again on public test it was telling me I could nto log into the log in servers I then changed to us-english and was able to get in to my live server went back to test and log in server problem again. I was asking if they used a different set of log in servers my understanding is that all games and verstion of htem use the same LOG IN servers not the game server clusters.
  4. Tkia Well-Known Member

Maybe Test is currently being patched?
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It's entirely possible; it's one of the risks you run on Test, that the server can come down with little to no warning, and they can be patching at any time. The up side is that we can always get all the Advanced crafter books without having to worry about their availability on the Broker through the Bookworm in the Tower of the Moon in Maj'Dul. :)

When that happens, I'll give 'em a couple of hours to finish the patch on Test and try again. Thank goodness for Thurgadin, or I'd never be able to get in at all at the moment. :-/

Uwk