Does SONY want EverquestII to succeed....here's hoping...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Gimpee, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Gimpee New Member

I have several questions for SONY and hope this might be read and added to in hopes that Everquest will flourish. First question on my mind is why doesn't SONY advertise their platforms...especially since there is the ability to use Free-to-Play. I have seen several commercials for World of Warcraft and understand they have millions of players. A corporation cant expect to squeeze more & more money from a dwindling population in hopes of making an investment a success.
    Secondly updating and revamping older zones with new content and higher level mobs would revitalize older zones we have all travelled and love. I'm saying add a few more tiers or new passages to existing dungeons and make entering them again worthwhile, enjoyable and with decent rewards and questlines; without having to completely recreate new content from scratch. Including revamps of favorite questlines with updated rewards such as Manastones and our Mythical weapons for example. Update deity rewards and questlines as well...many of us have worked very hard to invest in this area and many others which are now just about useless...because they don't scale with new levels and content.
    Lastly I do want to say the content in this latest expansion was very well done and enjoyable to run through and look at; it shows that effort was put into it and is generally appreciated in my view. My hope is that in creating this thread it wont be seen as an attempt to bash SONY ...but rather a hope that it will help it succeed and flourish.
    Moonpanther likes this.
  2. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

I think it would be kind of cool to see a little "EQ is still here everyone!" kind of ad campaign. Nothing huge, just a little magazine ad / web ad kinda thing. No idea if that's even remotely in the budget for the game anymore though. :oops:

ill never forget that squishy little feeling I had in my stomach the first time I saw the EQ2 trailer. Even to re-release that original trailer would be cool. The butterflies could infect others hehe
    Aranedhel and HaphazardAllure like this.
  3. Kalderon Well-Known Member

The hope is long gone, there where some adds in germany via pro7 but, i guess they didnt hit the spot.
    There is no sign of existence in any shop, yeah its free to play sure, but some sign of live would be great.
    Place some in game stop and co.
    ConcealFate likes this.
  4. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

Gamestop is a great idea. A little cardboard hangup ad with something about AoM perhaps?
    Kalderon likes this.
  5. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Ads cost money. Social media is free and therefore embraced as the way to promote the game. Players can always join in with their support.
    Moonpanther likes this.
  6. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

SONY can send me about 25 cardboard hangup ads and ill sneak em intt the Chicago area gamestops i live by LOL that way they only have to pay me in SC hehe
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  7. flameweaver Well-Known Member

By any definition of MMO success or failure, EQ2, having been around for 10 years is already a success. Flourishing, maybe not so much.
    A better question, in my opinion, is "will EQ2 be around in another 10 years ?" and right now I'm not sure it will be.
  8. Skitterfast Well-Known Member

The old-school games have "very" loyal and dedicated player bases. I have doubts on how many years EQII can maintain a development team capable of annual expansions, but I don't see the game shutting down any time soon.
  9. flameweaver Well-Known Member

I agree, I've been with the EQ franchise since PoP expac on EQ1 was released, in what 1998 or there about. Although my gut tells me, given some of the recent changes over the last 18/24 months, that SoE will have a struggle on it's hands to maintain it's flagship titles into the 2020's.
  10. Feldon Well-Known Member

Done. Agnostic Dungeons.
    I'd like to see this too.
    Unlikely to happen. It took like 18 designers working flat out for 3 months to get the Epic weapon quests we got. We have a half dozen designers now.
    Deity revamp is coming next year.
    As do I.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  11. Gimpee New Member

As far as solely using social media I have a few comments and then I am done with this thread...but thank you to all who replied and read my post. I saw several commercial's from World of Warcraft on same day. Don't remember which network...AMC I believe; featuring "The Walking Dead" so obviously a worthwhile investment if they have millions of members. Seems SOE is stepping over dollars to pick up pennies. Advertising works or companies wouldn't use the strategy. Especially approaching the Christmas season seems a no-brainer, if they only wanted to advertise on limited schedule...or around sports venues would also seems worthwhile. Sorry for beating a dead horse but this seems so painfully obvious seeing how popular other MMORPG's are that use the advertising strategy.