Does EQNext even have Forums we can hang out and speculate on?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Larsenex, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Emissary Vex Active Member

Well of course they are still going to have High Elves; you can tell by her ears that Firiona is still a High Elf.

I'm not saying those other races wont be in the game; I'm just saying that it is highly unlikely that they are all going to be playable races again.

Fae and Arasai are an even newer race then Erudites; I would not expect to see them at all but there are a few other fae races in Norrath

Sarnak have been around since about the Age of Monuments so they are old; but they were enslaved by the Iksar in the beginning of their history. And most of their existence after that was limited to a couple fortresses in Kunark. Thus I would not expect them to be playable either.

Don't worry about Freeblood; they didn't exist in history either.

Oh the irony, are you really not aware how hard your orange text is to read on the default beige forum color?
  2. Seliri Well-Known Member

Psh, I read it perfectly fine, & Piestro does, too! ;'{

I really had no clue what Firiona Vie was, total noob brah. Figured she was a human... >|

'preciate the perspective given on lore, though. n_n
    Bosconi and Veralagus like this.
  3. Fictional Reality Active Member

I Hope I can make a motorcycle and airplane from tinkering in EQN. My Gnome will be big ******'.
  4. Seliri Well-Known Member

:mad: I think you intentionally troal me good sir!... ;'{ ... :mad:
  5. Seliri Well-Known Member

Hope good/evil/deity alignment affecting appearance can be optional if they're going in...

...horns aren't very flattering! ;|

Noticed the Dark Elf/Teir'Dal woman with horns when I first saw the pic, but just reading threads on MMORPG.com & seeing others mention it reminded me to comment muh concernzzzz... o_o''... hm...
  6. Seliri Well-Known Member

Could someone tell me the poll results for the 1st four links? I'm IP banned from MMORPG.com... >|

The bottom 3 links would be additions to the old 10 anti-stylized/cartoonish threads I linked (posts #14-15).

Not trying to smear, just actually interested in these current poll results. o_O''...

Realistic vs. stylized aesthetic. Which would you prefer? (poll) -
    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/389619/Realistic-vs-stylized-aesthetic-Which-would-you-prefer-poll.html

Would you play EQNext if it's cartoony? -
    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/389647/Would-you-play-EQNext-if-its-cartoony.html

Poll: Are you able to feel as immersed in a world with stylized graphics?
    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.c...mersed-in-a-world-with-stylized-graphics.html

Did the concept art reveal actually decrease your excitement for the game? -
    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/389886/Did-the-concept-art-reveal-actually-decrease-your-excitement-for-the-game.html

SOE on the art style / realism of EQNext -
    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/390072/SOE-on-the-art-style-realism-of-EQNext.html

Where is this "Concept Art Reveal" that has everyone up in arms? -
    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.c...-Art-Reveal-that-has-everyone-up-in-arms.html
  7. Fictional Reality Active Member

Sorry bro, I don't use that site and can't see the votes until you log in and vote.
  8. Seliri Well-Known Member

:mad: So make an account & vote! Takes 1-3 mins max bruv!!!! >| :mad:
  9. Emissary Vex Active Member

Only the first 3 were polls.

[IMG]

[IMG][IMG]
    Bosconi, Veralagus and Seliri like this.
  10. Seliri Well-Known Member

'preciate the favor bruv! n_n
  11. Estred Well-Known Member

I personally do not mind Stylized Graphics if they remain realistic in function. An prime example is this

[IMG]

Albeit a bit biker style but long spikes go on the outside of the arm. I saw a preview render from another thread of an Orc with spike on all sides of the bracer. That is extrememly goofy looking an unrealistic regardless of the texture style. Real or Style make it make sense to why I would wear it.

[IMG]
    This commits a few errors of Platemail.
    - Abdoment uncovered: This is common thing for female armor and well many gamers overlook it.
    - Spikes on the Inner Thighs: Can anyone say castration? How about accidental bleeding?
    - Spikes on inner-arm: Again, if I have a shield/sword shoved back in my face, I guess I impaled my face too.
  12. Emissary Vex Active Member

I'm not sure how to respond to this because you do seem to understand the context of the word stylized; yet it would also appear you are using this picture of REAL-LIFE as an example of something stylized which would not be accurate.

We are not using the word stylized to describe something fashionable or artistic. We are using solely in the context of the style of the art itself which is in our opinion "fake"; thus stylized means something in this artists style that looks fake.

On example would be the metal; none of the metal in these colorful cartoony MMORPGs actually looks like metal; it is not shiny nor reflective. Other examples are usually hair, fur, scales, body types, and clothes having qualities that make them look fake. Such as color, texture, size, etc.

Personally; I don't care about games having super high end graphics. Heck, I recently re-installed Duke Nukem and I'm loving the old 2d monsters. The problem with these stylized mmos is not the fact that they do not look real; it is the fact that intentionally look fake. Such as the over-sized cartoony-looking weapons and other things they do that intentionally make it look fake
  13. Seliri Well-Known Member

Good points here...but the other example comes off as dominatrix, ugly, & pretty peculiar... ;|

@Everyone & anyone:
    Also, I just can't help but LOL if you think hyper-realism DOES NOT ANNIHILATE >EVERYTHING< on terms of artistic grace & the imbuing of soul & feeling.

I feel like going stylized is giving up man... ;|

Collection of 'photo-real' DBZ art. (PICS) (neat.jpg) (Pic heavy) -
    ↑← 395 posts, 14 pages w/ 30 posts per page (8 pages if 50 posts per page)

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153954391

http://realistic-dragonball.deviantart.com

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  14. Estred Well-Known Member

The images I used were for the idea of realistic armors, not examples of stylization. The Biker-Bracer is an example of realistic layout that could be stylized while maintaining the aspects of believability. Which is what I want in both my realism and stylization games.

The 2nd image was an example of armor that doesn't have much in the way of believable aspects while it "looks nice" and certainly will sell in some crowds it's unrealistic in style as it would harm the wearer. An example of a Stylized game that has aged very well according to many is pictured below.
    [IMG]

While one that is arguably aging badly is...
    [IMG]
    Both are Stylized just one I know caused many 5 year or more players to quit their guilds and look for other games.
  15. Emissary Vex Active Member

Yes those are both good examples.

I would also like to use Runescape as an example of how an MMO does not need to look good nor realistic. I fully admit Runescape does not have good graphics; but the reason I am still able to enjoy and immerse myself in it unlike other MMOs is because Runescape does not intentionally make things look fake.

I don't need an MMO that looks real; I just don't like MMOs that intentionally make something look fake, exaggerated, etc.
  16. Seliri Well-Known Member

hmmmm...no point to go through the 1st BodyBuilding.com thread I linked on realistic DBZ art, just went through it & found all of the best ones.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Maybe this one counts as stylized? Lol.

[IMG]
  17. Fictional Reality Active Member

Skyrim took the right approach to balance style and realistic armors.

Heavy Armor
    [IMG]

Light Armor
    [IMG]

These aren't even the coolest looking armors in the game and this is the direction I would LOVE for EQN armors to go in. So far, all we have seen is this new WoW-styled armor.

One of the main reasons people still play EQ1 and EQ2 over other MMORPG's is because of it's more realistic approach to character models and armor.
  18. Seliri Well-Known Member

I think even EQ2 has many more solid examples of realistic but aesthetic armor styles compared to Skyrim. ~_o
  19. Fictional Reality Active Member

Not really. Especially, with all of the added armors in the DLC's.
  20. Seliri Well-Known Member

We do disagree! O_O

Wonder how this brah's armor looks zoomed out... >| ... ~_o''...

[IMG]