Do you think the Vah Shir will ever be brought back?

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-rAiDeR14, Oct 7, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Maroger Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    Yes - that is right. The Kerra are soooo ugly compared to the Vah Shir.
  2. ARCHIVED-Rorasis Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    I like how you just assume I play one. I play an iksar. I just dislike having to look at the ugly kerra. The Vah Shir, even in their lower poly EQ1 form, look better than Kerra do in EQ2.
  3. ARCHIVED-FoxeyeVaeltaja Guest

4. ARCHIVED-rAiDeR14 Guest

TheLopper wrote:
    lol they look pretty darn close if you ask me
  5. ARCHIVED-rAiDeR14 Guest

Sriur@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Thank you! See look at this here. There kerra are not cats. and the guy a couple of posts up who said that the vah shir in eq1 look better than the kerra in eq2. they actually looked like cats. of the lion or black panthers if you wanted.
    with the kerra in eq2 you have pretty much no choice of customizing your cat to look like a different race of feline
  6. ARCHIVED-Rorasis Guest

Sriur@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Thank you for showing this link again! I had this very critique in mind when I entered this thread. It's spot-on.
  7. ARCHIVED-rAiDeR14 Guest

Look this Luclin MOON is still there, Just a quarter of it is broken off, so who says there is no life still on luclin? What if? Why else would the moon still be there? Too keep you thinking. Its all a trick. to always keep you thinking.
  8. ARCHIVED-rAiDeR14 Guest

eq1 vah shir
    [IMG]

[IMG]

eq2 kerran

[IMG]

[IMG]

now there is no way you cant tell me that the vah shir in eq1 look better and way cooler than the eq2 kerra. and look A LOT MORE like cats
  9. ARCHIVED-rAiDeR14 Guest

10. ARCHIVED-rAiDeR14 Guest

yeah sorry, couldnt figure out how to post the pictures but got it now
  11. ARCHIVED-rAiDeR14 Guest

12. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Espionage@Nagafen wrote:
    As a student who is currently learning about physics and welding, let me try to explain how things happened from a scientific standpoint on celestial bodies, mass, gravity, and thermo-chemical reactions.

Luclin blew up from it's core at the Nexus. When you have too much energy built up within a contained object, it will try to escape by exploding outword. It will seek out any weak spots it can find to do so. Luclin exploded with the explosion itself escaping in all directions outward. The result broke the entire moon into thousands of peices. Only three significantly large pieces still remain, while the rest of the moon was blasted into thousands of minor pieces. Forces of such magnitude during the initial explosion petrify, vaporize and crush any and all life living under the surface of the moon.
    This explosion also ignited the core at the center of the moon, creating enough heat to ignite the atmosphere on the surface. We're talking in excess of 30,000 degrees celcius. Our own sun reaches core tempuratures of over 15 MILLION degrees Celcius. Oxygen does not burn. It only enhances a current existing flame. It fuels it to grow. Once the fires reached the atmosphere, the entire surface of Luclin would be scorched at tempuratures that would turn all life to dust within seconds, and melt, if not vaporize all rocks and metal. Not even undead would be able to exist since thier material bodies would be turned to ash. In fact, looking up some information on our own sun as I type this, it reaches tempuratures large enough to turn the gaseous element of helium itself into physical ash.
    All things in the universe have gravity. Everything without exception. If you put two 300 pound humans 5 inches apart from each other, the gravitational pull between them would be about the weight of a flea. The only reason why we don't feel it is because the mass of the Earth contains a much more significant gravitational pull
    Since Luclin had it's own gravitational pull, the mass of the larger chunks did not have enough force or inertia to permanently travel out into space, or down to Norrath. Luclin has enough mass from the larger chunks remaining that it resettled it's own gravity enough to keep all the chunks together. Furthermore, it's core is still hot enough that it is not losing much heat from outsides sources, even after 50 years from when Luclin first exploded. (The armageddon on Norrath lasted 30 years.)

Now you're thinking: So what? This is a fantasy game where magic exists. Someone could have protected themselves and could still be alive up there.
    This is true, but seriously unlikely. Nobody on Luclin knew when the explosion would happen, or that it would even explode. Not even the Shissar, who's ancient calendar predicts the destruction of Norrath, had any scholars who could actually translate the calendar at this point. If anyone had advanced knowledge of it's destruction, then they could have developed a countermeasure to protect themselves, but I seriously doubt that anyone could within a few seconds. Especially not the Vah Shir, who's race was not known for arcane studies.
    The developers have the ultimate say on if they want to bring anything back from Luclin, but even I don't think they will sink that low for story elements to keep the game going.
  13. ARCHIVED-rAiDeR14 Guest

lol story elements? they are dragging as it is trying figure new things out. expansion wise