Do you still need old quests?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Xsarec, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Xsarec New Member

been thinking about coming back to the game and was wondering about using the 110 boost or just level up the old fashion way. My question is do you still need the epic weapon quest line or any other quest lines, because if you do I might as well level to old fashion way.
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Grinding mobs is not how you gain experience these days. You gain the majority of experience these days by completing quests.
    Breanna, Soara2 and Pixistik like this.
  3. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Grinding mobs till about lvl 90 then quest from then on out has been most effective for me, at 100+ you wont even see the xp bar move from killing mobs.
    You do not need epic weapon stuff, just do the signature lines when you hit 110
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I think that to truly learn a new class, you need to have played it from level 1-30 without a merc the old fashioned way. If youi want, THEN boost it. This gives you the chance to learn new spells' capabilities gradually, as they are introduced over the levels.
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  5. Soara2 Well-Known Member

I was on a fury alt tonight and doing the same thing as my main fury in the same gear, with the same AA set up and I couldn't kill the named mobs, or even hurt them lol, so I have deleted now all but 12 of my characters, will delete 3 more after I run the library quest on them. I don't think a boost is as good as working your character up. I wasn't quite sure why tbh it was such a huge difference, but it is.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.