DO SOMETHING WITH US

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-AbbuCloudshaper, Sep 19, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Jihrun Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    You made my point. "a brawler" as opposed to three or four plate tanks. And while "a brawler" is nice to have, it's certainly not going to be a raid-breaker if one isn't present. In fact I'd venture to guess that depending on the raid, some RL's would prefer more utility or more dps.
    And I've said all along that monks are fine for solo and group play, so I'm not sure what your point is in brinding that up.
  2. ARCHIVED-Jihrun Guest

Aull wrote:
    Agreed!
  3. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Morghasi@Everfrost wrote:
    Its not a raid breaker if you dont have <insert any tank> what is your point? Monks are great raid play they have an excellent raidwide they can tank any mob in this game and they put out decent dps.
  4. ARCHIVED-Jihrun Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    Yeah, they're perfect.
    I'll have what he's having, please... must be some good stuff.
  5. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Stick to your buff bot, the concept is too difficult for you to grasp.
  6. ARCHIVED-Jihrun Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    Are there psyhcological reasons for your constant need to insult everyone who disagrees with you? I'm sure some of your guildmates would love to hear your view on their class. Although I tend to think you are simply being ugly to get under my skin. FAIL
    Monks are a good class... I'd like to see them made a bit more viable for raiding. Which is why I'd like to see us have a little TLC from the devs. There ARE issues, and they should be addressed. All your puffery doesn't change that.
  7. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

You came to the monk forum and told monks to reroll their classes and that monks are basically worthless. Not only that but you also told them they should just leave these forums yet you still keep coming back. Basically you came here to talk trash about the monk class because you couldn't hack it and had to roll a buff bot to get a place in raids. You insulted a whole class in this game don't QQ if I point out that your bitterness is because you just weren't that good at playing a monk.
  8. ARCHIVED-Jihrun Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    I came to the Monk forums because I HAVE a monk, have played a monk for over two years, have raided with my Monk, have solo'd with my Monk and have grouped with my Monk. I have a right to post my frustration with lack of dev attention to the class and you can stuff it if you don't like it. I have not trash talked monks, but nice try attempting to make up facts for yourself. I said, and please allow me to draw you a picture if you STILL can't get it through your thick skull: Monks are great soloers... Monks do ok in groups... Monks need help in a raid-setting. What I actually "said", which you seem to have ignored in your ignorance and your attempts to constantly be right... is that if someone wants to raid, they can probably save themselves a lot of frustration by rolling another class until the devs can fix our issues. You made my very point!!!! by saying what I had already said... most raids roll with ONE brawler. Some don't even need/want that. That leaves alot of us in the dust and frustrated because raids would rather have something else... another plate tank, utility (oh so worthless in your opinion), more dps.
    It seems that you have no problem getting into a raid... that's just jim dandy fine for you, buddy... but this "I have mine so screw you" attitude is just classic BChizzle.
    One only has to look at your posting history to find many, many, many examples of threads in this and other forums that have degenerated into flame wars becasuse you, sir, are a flaming troll who can only feel superior by insulting others. YOU accuse me of insulting a class (which I did not) and turn around and do the exact same thing. You distort facts, strut around these forums like a puffed up banty rooster, exhaulting to all who can stand to listen to you about your prowess and how you can do this fine, just fine! so what's your problem?
    I never said Monks were worthless so you can take your distorted view of what I said and stuff it. My opinion still stands... we are fine in most group setting and for solo play we rock (notice how I said that AGAIN... in the vain hopes that your wee little brain can process it) but in raid setting we need some help. If you don't agree with me than that is certainly your right but the fact that you feel you have to constantly insult me is where you turn into nothing but a petulent troll who can't have a debate without resorting to insults and falsehoods.
    I see now why you do not make your player information public.

Back to you, Chizzy... I've got all day, bud.
  9. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

This...done. Follow your own advice the scout forum is a few clicks down.
  10. ARCHIVED-Jihrun Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    Aww... I think I see what the problem is now. I mentioned "trolls" and you immediately popped up on the defensive!
    LOL - Too funny.
  11. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Yes it is funny how the ones who usually mention trolls are being trolls in their posts. I am still waiting for you to follow your own advice, I mean seriously you give advice that you don't follow yourself, I wonder what the means about anything you might say.
  12. ARCHIVED-Jihrun Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    LOL yeah yeah... ok Chizzy ok. I'll let you have the last word if it'll sooth your hurt feelings.
  13. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

The fact is you are just the next guy in the long line of people that seem to like to come on the monk forums usually about once a month and cry about a class they either don't play anymore or don't play effectively and won't take anyones advice on how to play effectively. There is PLENTY of evidence which has even had a bunch provided in this very thread on how effective a monk can be in this game. It is ok someone will take up your mantle next month too and we will have to listen to the same old song yet again.
    In the meantime the monk population that stuck it out in this class will chuckle like I do on our little secret...monks are awesome and fun to play and so diverse and that feeling we get when we are in a group with people that have been here and bought into all the QQ drama about brawlers sucking and then they see how completely own we are well those comments we get are priceless, sucks your missing out tbh I seriously doubt you will find that feeling playing a buffbot.

EDIT: I mean seriously its like...Oh we can't parse and I throw up 20k+ parses for everyone to see, then its like...Oh we can't tank and I throw up a video of me tanking seriously hard raid mobs. What else do you guys need?
  14. ARCHIVED-Jihrun Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    Done now? Feel better?:)
  15. ARCHIVED-Jihrun Guest

As an aside... I used to post here all the time. I got tired of being insulted by you... repeatedly. Endlessly. To just about every post I made here. There's no reason for all that and you should not be allowed to continuously do it, but yet here you are day in and day out, insulting people who don't agree with you.
    I read the monk forum every week... it's my hope that some sort of figher revamp will come back to the table. I simply stopped adding my opinion because you lurk on this forum waiting to pounce on anyone who doesn't agree with you.
    I love the Monk class... always have. And I hope they address some of the issues we have. You seem to be of the opinion that we are perfect the way we are. So be it. You're allowed to have your opinion, just as others are allowed to have theirs.
  16. ARCHIVED-Elevane Guest

Honestly, I love my Monk, Elevane is dps specc'd and dps geared her dps is fairly high but since so many people view the monk class as "shiny farmers" I would have to agree, I would love to have some love from the Devs. Ele parces between 3k-6k but that's not enough to be considered dps when I am looking for a raid. Getting her myth was a pita because I was constantly told "no fighters" I can and have tanked Seb but tanking isn't what she's set up for. I prefer not to tank although I have grouped with tanking monks.
    I just think it would be great to see a little more of one or the other for the Brawler class. I love her and will keep playing her but until I can get into raids with my "shiny farmer" I suppose I will be playing my defiler for raids
  17. ARCHIVED-circusgirl Guest

I love playing my monk. Its fun, interesting, versatile, and I truly feel useful on our raids, especially on those hard mobs like Ykesha. Are we perfect? no. Do some things need to be fixed? yes.
    But I do think we'd be much better off registering for Beta and giving solid feedback about what needs to be fixed than we are trying to convince each other that we suck.
  18. ARCHIVED-Aull Guest

Awesome advise Vinka. I myself fell into the "oh my class sucks" and made comments on the forums that was no where near as bad as I stated it to be and I offically apologize to you all.
    Thing is we all need to be honest about the info we type here on the forums. Giving false info might help in the short run but can lead to nerfs later down the road and I wouldn't want that for monks and bruisers.
  19. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Aull wrote:
    Its easy to do man, especially when you feel like just a tweak here or there would really bring us in line with everyone else. We can't change what happened this year but the fact is had the fighter changes gone through we would have been alot more powerful, instead it got scrapped and we got scrapped. That doesn't mean we can't do our jobs though because I can tell you I can and have tanked everything there is to tank in TSO and done it much more effectively out of any of the expansions. We are stronger then we have ever been there is more +mit choice out there then I can ever recall to tighten the mit gap and our avoidance has never been higher (Not counting strikethrough of course).
  20. ARCHIVED-cr0wangel Guest

Vinka@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    /agree