Do Quest Rewards make you LOL?

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Dexella, Aug 17, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Dexella Guest

You’ve seen the Opalescent Prowler mount for EverQuest II. You want one on your account. You’re aiming to win this month’s Facebook quest. But how will you get your game’s page to reach the “Like” goal? What else can you do?
    Enter the “Make a Meme” contest! Not only will you have a hilarious new meme to share with your friends and family to entice them to like your game’s page, but you also have a chance to win additional prizes!
    How will this help you get this month’s Facebook reward? Every eligible contest entry received will count as 50 additional likes for your game’s Facebook page!
    [IMG]
    How to enter:
    Visit the EverQuest II Facebook page and download the provided in-game image. Make a meme that references EverQuest II culture or general internet culture. Submit your meme through the Facebook contest page and fill out the provided form for a chance to win! You have from now through Friday, August 24 at 11:59 am PDT* to enter!
    Entries must follow the same guidelines for appropriateness in the EverQuest II Community Forums when submitting images.
    The Grand Prize winner will receive a Sony Bloggie and 5,000 Station Cash. Three (3) runners-up will receive 5,000 Station Cash.
    Make sure you spread the word to your family and friends – if they like the EverQuest II Facebook page, they can vote for your meme and help you win!
    Not feeling creative but still want to help EverQuest II complete this month’s quest? Be sure to log in and vote for your favorites!
    *Convert to your local time
  2. ARCHIVED-KillerHam Guest

What the heck is a Sony Bloggie?
  3. ARCHIVED-PariahAnathema Guest

4. ARCHIVED-unearthdvampire Guest

This would be cooler if they actually rewarded...still waiting on july's reward, sent in 3 petitions, and always just say we are aware of the issue.
  5. ARCHIVED-BollyUK Guest

6. ARCHIVED-IvyBlackrose Guest

talk to me AFTER we get our july rewards sorry not gonna bust my butt coming up with something really cool and then not getting the reward for it
  7. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Ellynock@Splitpaw wrote:
    It's a video camera with poorer picture and sound quality than your cell phone.
  8. ARCHIVED-Ceebia Guest

Here is my response to all this.

[IMG]
  9. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

While I did submit a picture to the contest, I do have to wonder about the title of this post. Why would a quest reward cause me to laugh out loud?

@Feldon: wouldn't doubt it has worse quality than a cell phone camera if it's valued at $100 and retail value of cells now are $400-$600 for the "cheap" ones.
  10. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

I think the Bloggie's like 3 year old tech, too. They've been doing Fan Faire blogger contests involving Bloggies for at least two years.
  11. ARCHIVED-Pengefinchess Guest

considering that everyone in game gets these "rewards" whether theyv done something to make more "likes" or not i cant see the point of these contests.
    Btw iv had my lon cards but no potion on /claim
  12. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Pengefinchess@Splitpaw wrote:
    This particular contest is for extra prizes, which reading through the description informs you of that. Each entry adds +50 likes as well, ensuring that we'll "win" this month's "quest".

My potion is in /claim, check the "Promotions" tab. If I'm correct it's the Extended Potion of the Advanced, and apparently it's only 1/account.... because we all know how much people love 1/account things.
  13. ARCHIVED-Gwynn Guest

Yeah, potions - this one and others - ought to be one per character.
    I wish mounts and house items were one *per server*...
    But any heirloom mount will come in handy when you want to run a string of alts through your account. :)
  14. ARCHIVED-Pengefinchess Guest

Cyliena wrote:
    ah sorry i did kindof scim thru it after seeing the pic of the mount and reading "..you want one for your account..." Do i?
    But then if each entry adds 50 likes to the page that makes the original "quest" even more of a pointless exercise.
    Maybe im getting old... get off my lawn!
  15. ARCHIVED-SisterTheresa Guest

Cyliena wrote:
    They need to fix the way they do titles for posts. I thought it was about bad rewards for quests.
    Good luck any who do this though. I am not big on artistic contests because I never can get a caption I really like.
  16. ARCHIVED-Neg169 Guest

Ack i think i did a mess up i may have enter the contest with the unfinish pic ,,, i just did it like 20 min ago and realy hope this can be fix =/,,,, any way i can resumit the finish work?[IMG]

lol my contest pic sure be this one.. but i may have submitted a unfinished one with out the white text,, lol can someone running the show make sure this one get file under my submittted pic if it not already ... please =)
  17. ARCHIVED-Peogia Guest

Ridolain@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I thought the same thing lol
    and in reply to threads title they don't make me lol they make me at the lemon rewards
  18. ARCHIVED-kellyrey Guest

Unsurprisingly, SOE doesn't understand what a "meme" really is. However, I'd wager that when most people think about quest rewards and memes, facepalm comes to mind.
  19. ARCHIVED-BollyUK Guest

Oink@Blackburrow wrote:
    [IMG]
  20. ARCHIVED-Dreamclouds Guest

OK I found how to see the entries, its kinda tricky to get there I hope people can find their way! There are a few really funny ones there... I think lots of creativity is awesome! Think I just spit coffee across the room cause of one....LOL