Do Purple runes stack in group?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Ranga, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Ranga Active Member

As the title says, it is obvious that a purple rune that does not stack will have no benefit on a single player having more than one but if say Immaculate Scenario is on two players in a group, will that group have an extra 24k health or just the benefit from one?
  2. Mae- Well-Known Member

I believe most if not all stack if on different people in the same group.
  3. Thetmes Active Member

From the ones I have seen that have group effects it says in the description if they stack or not
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

Those tend to say 'if worn in multiple slots'. Which means the SAME person can't have multiple. It's ambiguous about different people.
  5. Sylke Well-Known Member

Most that we've tested stack from multiple people.
  6. Prrasha Well-Known Member

From a game-design perspective, they should stack. Having to pre-plan group-effect runes among your guild is silly, and in pickup groups it's impossible. I'd argue that any of them found to not stack (unless they have text to that effect) should be /bugged.
  7. Caith Developer

The only purple War Rune that does not stack from multiple people is Oracular Illumination, which states it does not stack with similar effects.
    Mermut, Ranga and Prrasha like this.
  8. Ranga Active Member

Thanks Caith. Good news :)
  9. Luanne Active Member

So basically, \aITEM 685078887 -1750554418:Winds of Obol\/a (winds of obol purple adorn) stacks in a group? and it works in pvp? 108% increase in all groups combat art/spell dmg if everyone in the group has one?
    That seems a bit, overpowered?
  10. Entropy Well-Known Member

It likely acts like potency, not another separate multiplicative bonus to base damage. I don't have one to test, but I'd wager that's how it actually functions. I'm pushing ~780% potency (with buffs), so that wouldn't really be a game-breaking difference or anything.
  11. Caith Developer

That is correct.
  12. Entropy Well-Known Member

...with that said, it's still worth everyone in group having it. :)