Do overseers usuly return stuff not in game anymore

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Muppethero, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Muppethero Member

I just got a bunch of Teir 1 stuff that is not in the game anymore. Sassafras and Allspice ect
    Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  2. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

I don't think those items have ever been in the game. Maybe they are new for some reason....
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  3. Melkior Well-Known Member

Those sound like old alchemy nodes. In the very beginning of the game, alchemists had a separate bush to harvest. They eventually removed them.
  4. Tangris Well-Known Member

Never seen that before.
    Cyrrena, chattie and Breanna like this.
  5. Breanna Well-Known Member

They must have removed them really fast I had an alchy back then and I don't remember any special bushes for us.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  6. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Alchys used to harvest what looked like clumps of mushrooms. It has never made sense to me to get loans from ore.

They never got sassafras or allspice though.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  7. Aeriel Active Member

They were tier 1 common harvestables from before LU 24. I can't remember if they came from bush or fungi nodes. In the depths of Niami DenMum's dusty archives I found this which is a list of the more creatively named substitutes for roots in recipes post LU24:

chloro wash, chloro oil, chloro resin, silverberry, birchroot, birchwood, allspice, milkweed, twinleaf, juniper, sassafras, snakeroot, barley, nutmeg, basil, pecan = roots

I probably have some of these items lying around for old times sake!
    Breanna, Rhodris, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  8. Muppethero Member

Seems like a bad bug than. Cus i got an overseers box that was all old t1 stuff that is not in the game. Like 9 different items.
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  9. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I have a bunch of the on MajDul from Lucan D'Lere back at launch.

I have a ton of them on Kaladim that I have gotten from Overseer crates. Been getting them since December, so have a couple of guildmates.
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Breanna Well-Known Member

WOW my memory must be worse than I thought. I seriously don't remember having those special nodes. I remember all the sub-combines and the oil's and resins and that, but I don't remember harvesting special nodes for them. I think my C R S has now turned into C R A F T LOL
    Cyrrena and Rhodris like this.
  11. Melkior Well-Known Member

I didn't realize that the OP was referring to Kaladim. That makes sense I think. Sounds like in an effort to make the harvestables granted usable for that server, they made them pick randomly from the ones on that apply to the opened tiers. my guess would be that the old alchemy items are still on the loot table, they just removed the nodes that provide them.

I doublechecked EQ2u. Allspice and sassafras were definitely in game. They have discovery from 2004 listed. I can understand why most don't remember them, it was changed pretty early.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  12. Argosunited Well-Known Member

We really need a tradeskill dev. It's pretty sad they'd even put tier one mats in an Overseer reward.
  13. Melkior Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a tradeskill dev as well. But I don't think that would have prevented this issue. As I understand it, those kind of rewards fall under the itemization dev. Remember OS wasn't really designed with TLE in mind. On live all the rewards are BoL items even when being done by low level characters.

The following is all pure speculation on my part, trying to fit the pieces I have into an answer. The issue here is that they had to find alternate items to offer as rewards on a server that originally had no such bonus loot system. I think they tried to figure out after the fact what to give that wouldn't be too overpowered, and so for harvests they literally just picked a random tier, and then random items from it. A tradeskill dev wouldn't have changed that, because that wouldn't have been their are of responsibility.

Bottom line for me, even though I don't think it would have prevented this issue, I agree we could really use a tradeskill dev!
    Argosunited and Cyrrena like this.
  14. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

They are not only awarded on Kaladim though, I have gotten them on AB as well, granted, not as many as I have received on Kaladim, but I have received them on AB as well.
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Well maybe we just need devs that care more. Adding mats that haven't been in game for 15 years seems like a rather large error to me. I don't know how they get away with it tbh.

Whatever the reason or excuse is, it's not good enough.

Let's hope this doesn't have the same outcome as Essence of Chaos, and rather admit their error, they leave them in game until they come up with something.
    Rhodris likes this.