Do NOT play on Rivervale, here's why

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by joonace, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

ok.. i've been in 3 different "guilds" as such on RV.

I think guild creation costs / etc should be looked at.. and made more .. difficult? Hecking heck.

This is IoR 2.0 where there are 100 players in 99 different guilds. I'll be d*mned if I give up guild status points for Newsies / etc for some random person's bot group.

pff.
    parissa, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I haven't joined a guild and have debated on creating one.
    Zeddicious and Breanna like this.
  3. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I like the guild I'm in on Rivervale, Shadow of the Rose.
    Breanna, Zeddicious and Pixistik like this.
  4. Mr Kotter New Member

I know you can't transfer on, but can you transfer off of RV?
  5. parissa Well-Known Member

I'm not sure ifnyounactually played on IoR when it first came out.... But it absolutely wasnt flop... it had a high population and it was a great new start with the very first free trade.... it was when the new tle server came out that it started dying down and then the transfers on weren't bad but the transfers off killed the it with all the loot runners... I agree you need help with itemization on tle... but dont blame the new server for lack of on the tle... it is different teams that would be dealing with it... and after beta and all the events you never know rivervale might surprise you and jump up on numbers...
    Rosyposy and Pixistik like this.
  6. Raff Well-Known Member

Did IoR kill Storm (??...what?..I forget)....but Fallen Gate killed IoR....Kaladim killed Fallen Gate...seeing a pattern here
    Cyrrena likes this.
  7. parissa Well-Known Member

Sorry I meant Fallen gate came out after IoR and thats when it started declining... Couldn't remember whihc TLE server it was... It got merged into AB Fallen Gate got merged into AB and the japanese server got merged into AB... Fallen Gate killed Stormhold Kaladim killed Gate and one of them killed IoR or I am seeing a pattern too lol.... The difference with IoR and and Rivervale is the one way transfer on... You couldn't transfer off but you could on... I think that made IoR a little more popular because no one wanted to leave their mains behind... IoR is both ways now unfortunately... I am really hoping the new one does good... I also still play on IoR... I am curious though, can you transer off RV? I know you can't transfer on, but can you transfer off? I would think not due to the heroic tokens...
    Rosyposy likes this.
  8. Jovie Well-Known Member

I spent an afternoon handing out thick bear hide packs for free today. some unknown person was selling them for 220 plat per, and i know that not everyone has sacks of cash. I said to heck with it and tried to help others.
    So much whining and complaining on this thread about rivervale. If you don't like it, delete and reroll somewhere else.
    Juraiya, Rosyposy, Cyrrena and 5 others like this.
  9. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

Odd. I remember trading someone 400p for some bags.... was that you? Antonica docks? Lemme guess.. you accepted that "as a tip" .. right?

If you want to tell a story, be sure and tell the whole story..k?
    parissa and Cyrrena like this.
  10. Maldaris Active Member

I confess that I bought a bag of platinum from the merchants in QH, though with one thing in mind, that being the ability to buy basic recipes from Devona Ironforge. I didn't feel like waiting to start tradeskilling (apart from harvesting), and it's essential that I immediately start training a toon who can make high-capacity storage containers (carpenter). I saw what people were charging for packs and the like, and my eyes bugged out to the point where it felt like they could have pushed my glasses off my face. At those costs, you'd need to spend points on bags of plat. 200+ plat for a single bearhide pack? Yikes.

No, thank you. I'll wait until my tradeskill journeys are done - at least carpentry and tailoring - before I start thinking about game content. I'm looking forward to journeys on Rivervale, but I insist on having enough room for "stuff".
  11. Daelini Active Member

I'm not sure where some of the people on RV get their thoughts from when it comes to selling stuff. Basic items, like common harvest bags, are expensive as can be. I thought I was being a bit excessive charging 10-15p for a master in the 80-90 range but I guess I was WAY off on my pricing. Kinda sad really
    Cyrrena and Mizgamer62 like this.
  12. Raff Well-Known Member

There is no such thing as a natural economy in the era of Kronos. Not griping about it though. I like the mechanic.
    Pixistik and Cyrrena like this.
  13. Jovie Well-Known Member

No, nobody gave me 400. I think one or two people gave 200 and another 100. I didn't notice it nor ask for it until it was too late.
    I am not in it for the tips. If i wanted plat, i would just sell them on the broker at half the price of the next guy. and i am NOT in it for the money.

I was there today for a few during my lunch and someone gave me 50, and i told them they didn't have to do that, and their reply to me was "neither do you'.

So anyway, please take your negative attitude and go somewhere else with it. I can't speak for anyone else, but i am through with the likes of you. Please tell me your rivervale character names so that i can put them on ignore while i am at it.
    Cyrrena, Pixistik, Juraiya and 4 others like this.
  14. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

Bless your heart, I wasn't being negative. Just making observations and stating facts. For what its worth, if you're already angry at the state of the servers' economy and feel the need to take it out on one individual, by all means, target me. I don't mind.

I do, however, applaud your efforts to be the backpack savior of Rivervale. Its a super nice thing to do, especially for those new folk who don't have access to earning coin in-game from non-conventional means (i.e. loyalty tokens).
    Cyrrena, Pixistik, Raff and 2 others like this.
  15. parissa Well-Known Member

Zedds a cool guy... no reason to go off on him for calling things out... hes making points and reason why "NOT" to play on the server or what could be wrong with it... that is in fact what this particular thread is about... dbg will see it and look over the pro and cons.. telling people to quit reroll somewhere else and get out of the thread really doesn't help the server... alot of us commenting are from IoR and this isnt the first round for us... throwing out thoughts opinions and what not is kinda the debate of the thread.... learning from the last irks on the other server will help with maybe not happening again on this sever possibly... things will change through out on this server just like IoR... be happy we have a new server and awesome new events...
    Cyrrena, Pixistik, Raff and 1 other person like this.
  16. LarendalAB New Member

Don't use the bauble. A lot of folks didn't use the bauble. I didn't because I like playing the content of the game not rush to the end.
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Pixistik like this.
  17. Tajar Well-Known Member

Surely that depends on if they asked you for the money, or did you volunteer it? If you were 'tipping' them, why wouldn't they take it to help cover their fuel costs etc and lets them make more?
    Cyrrena likes this.