Do NOT play on Rivervale, here's why

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by joonace, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Jovie Well-Known Member

I'll answer for her. paraphrasing walter sobchak :So you have no frame of reference here, Donny. You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know..."

Are you playing on the server? are you taking third party info from people who are also not playing on the server?
    Your comment made you sound like sour grapes. Period.

Now in a more meaningful tone, try waiting for the weekend to see how the population fleshes out.
    Try waiting for the devs to fix the issues with spawns.

Have a swell day.
  2. toschoolforkool Member

OP: What could you not afford too dis-like the p2w feature. Seems only people whom choose not too use any of the ( Pay 4 items ) is the people whom, cannot afford or just want to throw salt in the game because of said persons that do. I know i use the P2W features. I belive that the money goes towards daybreak staff members to make more content. More we spend more content / items / just support the game!
    parissa, Cyrrena and Mr Kotter like this.
  3. Choot Member

My wife and I have played as best we can the last two nights on Rivervale and the counts are for sure underwhelming right now. Most I've seen non anon is about 120. Could just be the bug scared folks, but I think it is a conflux of KoS coming out on Kaladim and that server still thriving combined with beta for new expansion and then this server being a IoR reboot, rather than everyone starting at 1. (That usually brings in the "I MUST BE THE FIRST TO DO "fill in the blank" crowd). Was disappointed that loyalty plat bags were still available as that skews the economy pretty quickly. We moved here ready to commit, but if we can't get 200 people during start-up, the future does not look great for this server. I wish they had a run a "get to 30 (or 100) in a week" type of promotion as they have done with some in the past, just to get folks to try it out.

For those that were curious, everytime I checked it was a pretty even split between those starting at 1 and those starting at 95.

Best idea I heard in general chat was to have everyone join a server-wide guild. One guild to bind them all!
    Cyrrena likes this.
  4. Naneeje Well-Known Member

Not a fan of Rivervale. Tried it, both 1 and 95.
    When I was 1, I was thinking I have characters on kaladim for this.
    When I was 95, I was thinking why not just play my many level 110's.
    My playstyle does not match Rivervale, but I wish everyone the best with it.
    It's time folks. EQ3. Not EQNext, don't change the format of the game. The moon is our launchpad to a whole new world, where Norrath is a far away dream. It's time for EQ3, where the level cap is 50 for the first 3 months. Build momentum and then release the coolest, most awesome adventures from 50-.... wait...
    oh that's right. We did it once with EQ1 and we did it major successfully in EQ2,
    see my point? We are ready for EQ3.
    Saints, Juraiya, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  5. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I love starting over on a new server! My favorite new server before Rivervale was IoR. (I've played on all three TLE servers.) Although I am in an active guild on Kaladim, and will continue playing there, I created nine toons (full set of crafters) on Rivervale. Every starting zone has been super busy when I was there.
    Breanna, Pixistik and Siren like this.
  6. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

I'd hit it.
  7. Naneeje Well-Known Member

It's good to here that there is an audience for the server! Glad to hear it. Also glad to see you becoming the server's Artisan :)
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  8. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

We still have another 10 years left in this game, no need for a new one.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  9. Breanna Well-Known Member

LOL LOL
    Siren and Cyrrena like this.
  10. Dauvien Member

Simple "/who (number) all" count from 1 to 110. Currently its prime time game time there are 250 non anon players on the server. Of those 69 are lv 94 or lower, 181 are 95+ (so 1 to 3 ratio).

Went from looking forward to playing on RV to being concerned. Not wanting to do another TLE stent (that 16 week lock just wont' work for me), but this doesn't seem to be much healthier then IoR is and we're 2 days in (and the server population is split).

Sorry little dooms dayish just an observation from looking at the numbers. I really don't know the active server population elsewhere either but a few hundred seems a bit low.
  11. Ghorast Active Member

So the first free trade server was a low pop flop so the obvious move was to make another one? Next time spend at least a small portion of the time and effort to tune TLE itemization, "please"
    Siren likes this.
  12. Raff Well-Known Member

Boy...I sure hope that when I have moved on to other things in life, that I still "feel" the need to come back to the forums of an old MMO and share my continuing angst with anyone who will listen.....not.

Kinda sad, really.
    Siren, Breanna, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  13. Naneeje Well-Known Member

I didn't even catch that Raff. I can't see still checking forums posts on a game I don't play...
    Wait... I just read something about "Pitfall" on Atari 2600... I need to respond, back soon!
    Juraiya, Siren, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  14. Fensy New Member

I know, it's like this Facebook ad kept popping up and someone got curious. It's sad, it's had a major impact on my living to come in here after all this time and debate with people who never leave the house and have problems emotionally expressing themselves in any other way than to get offended by everything. I think I need to make some microtransactions and buy a expansion, membership a cool flying thing for my character that has bonus stats, then grind copy and paste content they said was new running off a single cpu core on my pc on servers with nobody on them. Yes that will make it less saddening.
  15. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

On a lighter note, I just bought some 46 slot backpacks for 55p each. Aint that somethin? Who was talkin about "ooh a fresh start, fresh economy".. pff. This is EQ2.
    Naneeje, Cyrrena and Pixistik like this.
  16. parissa Well-Known Member

Well the economy is still controlled on the fact that loyalty tokens are only gonna go so far and what you make in game... You can put whatever price you want on something and sell it for whatever but unless the plat is brought in some other way there is still a control over it... It is a fresh start to an extent... Use up those plat bags on expensive items... Yeah you are gonna have some with lots of plat (thanks to buying those items) and others having to run zones to make more... People are enjoying the new server... Is that such a big deal... If you don't like it, that's okay its not your thing... But I am not gonna lie... It's my thing and I am actually enjoying it... Except economy really isn't a biggy to me, mainly cause i want my mains :(
    Naneeje and Rosyposy like this.
  17. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

1808 non hidden characters created on rivervale. 160 above 96.

What a thriving new server experience. Lets be real here.. Its not.
  18. parissa Well-Known Member

Maybe not to you... but to some it is... why is it so hard for people here to let others enjoy something? is it because its not what they want? Or is it a sense of if I am not happy nobody will be... who cares how many are over 96 and under... alot wanted to start at beginning and some wanted to jump.... i am gonna claim like 10 of those 96 myself :) let's be real here... If you log onto rivervale the people that are playing there are happy... thats really all that matters... if your not happy there don't play there...
    Siren, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  19. Naneeje Well-Known Member

I hope your group of people playing on Rivervale are as cool and fun as the people playing on Kaladim. We experienced our first "typical childish" style play when a random person needed everything on a PUG and then logged out. So uncommon on Kaladim. Even the PUG raids are as nice as the British... "Oh No Sir, after you!" "Oh, I insist, after YOU!"
    Juraiya, Cyrrena, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.
  20. parissa Well-Known Member

Ouch... You always get one... The most we get is people standing on the dock in chat saying why you shouldn't play on our server... Kinda reminds me of the forums lol... But I do to hope that its as nice as kaladim... I had an alt on there for a while and everyone was super nice and helpful... Think thats what makes the best of communities... Not when you trying to grab up everything to sell but instead helping everyone out...
    Juraiya, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.