Do NOT play on Rivervale, here's why

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by joonace, Oct 31, 2019.

1. joonace New Member

There's a saying that's been quite popular as of late and that's, "do not pre-order any game, ever." Why would I be talking about pre-orders and a live server? Well the reason is basically exactly the same. There are a lot of things done all over AAA studios and smaller ones to push people to play their game for money tactics. Why is Daybreak in business? To make money. When something doesnt work (IE, TLE) tey something new right? Well, no, not really. Listening to your fan base is what we ask for -- communication. No one asked for a reboot server that I am aware of. The core game and TLE version has extremely fundamental issues that have become so obtuse and inorganic with P2W tactics, it's practically predatory to lead us to the water when by now we very well know the water will run dry and no one will be trying to fill the water again because they moved on to the next big thing to make money, yet another TLE server is going to happen, I guarantee it and they will find more ways to get you to open your wallets. If you want to be heard and problems to be dealt with that are CURRENT then stay off of Rivervale.

It's ok if I get banned for this post, but visibility is the first step anyway.
    Pixistik likes this.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

It doesn't cost anybody who's already a member anything to play on Rivervale. If they want a 'fresh start' live server, I'm not going to tell them they shouldn't.
    Finora, Raff, Schmetterling and 8 others like this.
  3. Obano Well-Known Member

With EQ2 you should always pre-order otherwise you miss out on a lot of goodies. It doesn't cost you anything more to pre-order. There is no reason not to do it. It is a great value.
    Raff, Cyrrena, Dude and 4 others like this.
  4. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Tho your post is fueled from emotion its lacks a few things that could get you banned..I can give you a few pointers if you would like.
    I do agree that we were not asked what we wanted (they really don't care what you want) and I think they are making a huge blundering mistake (trust me it wont be their last). They are really passionate about the work they do, they even gave us flying brooms! (then charged to own one)
    LOL, things will always be the same, and in a few years the 657 folks that are left will be coming here to vent at the 3 devs they have left just as they always have.
    Its all good.
    I will be there to preorder as expansions are the only thing I ever need to spend money on. I will start a new toon on the new server and it will be my new main and I will have fun no matter what they do or don't do.
    The only deciding factor I have is what class should I make?

I gave you your first like Joonace!
    Welcome to EQ2
  5. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

There are plenty of reasons to not play on Rivervale, you just decided to list none of them.
    Feldon, Abasinolanam, Raff and 4 others like this.
  6. Kittik Well-Known Member

I will not play Rivervale because I despise level boosts.
  7. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

You'll probably have to stick to Kaladim or Nagafen then, since level boosts exist on every other server.
    Feldon, Cyrrena and Kittik like this.
  8. Kittik Well-Known Member

Yeah, and thats fine. I'm kind of enjoying Kaladim. (Still not a fan of +X to Primary Stats system, so lame) Just found out about it a couple days ago. Wish I had been paying closer attention to EQ2 so I could have got in on the ground floor.

However, I'm extremely glad /claim is limited to your /played on Kaladim and not total account time. Thats a godsend.
    Saints likes this.
  9. Saints Member

OP however you feel is how you feel. Feelings are funny like that, you can't change them... only influence. Do what you will with your dollars how you like. Nothing says you have to play on this server, and if you sub already then its just another option.

I for one absolutely love TLE servers, I love that some people call them home for their duration, and others treat them like Seasonal Adventures to keep things fresh and play the way they want. I love to see waves of players at all levels enjoying and experiencing content just like they did before everything became so top-heavy.
    I also love that in 2019 there is a new server opening its doors, where someone like me that has dabbled in EQ2 since 2005 hasn't found a foothold on the live servers for always feeling behind the curve.
    Maybe I'm the odd one out here.
    Maybe somewhere, somehow the server was secretly created just for me... and in my selfish wishing to get into the glory that is EQ2... well... I'm okay with that!

Play the game however you want, but if you're looking to get banned for something there are better, more logical hills to die upon.
    Crock, Cuelaen, Juraiya and 6 others like this.
  10. Almee Well-Known Member

I don't plan to play on Riverdale because I have tried moving to a new server (IoR) and got badly burned. I moved characters, I have been playing since the first year of the game, and now they are stuck in a vast wasteland.

Fortunately, knowing DB's tendency to shoot itself in the foot, I only moved a few of my original characters but I still feel like I betrayed them by moving them off their home server. I suppose I could still play them but to what end? The server is dead thanks to DB immediately setting up a competing server which drained the population.

But I am sure there are any number of hearty souls who will play on Riverdale until the next server comes along. I wish them well and hope the server fulfills their needs. I'm all for anything that continues to make EQ2 profitable for its investors as long as I can continue playing my stable of characters in the older zones.
  11. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

I will say, nothing here is ban worthy at this point but let's keep the discussion productive. Try not to attack anyone.
  12. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Like we would ever do that :rolleyes:
  13. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, totally.
  14. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Not even those that don't like.......

Tatertots? I mean, EVERYONE loves tatertots!!

Right?
    Juraiya, Cyrrena and Pixistik like this.
  15. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

I thought about this and I do believe you are correct, I dont know ANYBODY that doesn't like tatertots!!
  16. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Never.
  17. Raynekeeper Member

What is tater tot, precious?
    seriously though, Tater tot casserole, nuff said.
    Cyrrena, Pixistik and Breanna like this.
  18. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

No I want to know the answer to the tatertot question.
    Cyrrena, Wulfgyr and Breanna like this.
  19. Flightrisk Well-Known Member

tidbits of taters held together with minced gnome.. that's what makes them get so nice and crispy , all that oil.
    Raff, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  20. Raynekeeper Member

Wait, what about the meaty goodness of dwarves? One must have all the food groups for a balanced meal! Don't forget though, to precook them properly otherwise the meat is too gamey.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.