Do Dirges actually sing?

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Tautology, Nov 15, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Tautology Guest

can you hear your char sing when "casting" a song?
  2. ARCHIVED-Surk Guest

you hear music.

No words in song if thats what you mean
  3. ARCHIVED-Tautology Guest

Thank you for the answer.

Bummer no voice for singers :(, as almost every npc speaks I thought they would have definetly added some singing sound to dirges. Dirges without a voice is like a fighter without an animated weapon.

Come on devs you can do better, give dirges a VOICE :)
  4. ARCHIVED-bcguitar33 Guest

On the bright side, bards do pull cool-looking musical instruments from the ether and visibly and audibly play them when performing their songs. It's easily to believe the inspirational nature of the music, as I tend to find myself bobbing my head to the rhythm of my bard's little drum.
  5. ARCHIVED-Leuna Guest

I would prefer not to hear vocals. What if your own singing voice grated on your nerves and you had to hear it every time you played??
  6. ARCHIVED-Bladezilla Guest

It would be cool to choose a singing voice. Maybe offer 3-4 vocal choices per race (and obviously gender) or choose to have no singing voice. It may seem like a lot, but with the pure amount of voice overs already present.. I just don't think it would be out of the question.

- Valcutio Phoenix - Najena Server
  7. ARCHIVED-Tautology Guest

Yes, thats exactly how I see it too.
    Concerning the aspect of getting on the nerves, well there is so much repetative sound ingame which have the potential already :)
  8. ARCHIVED-Sheistizzle Guest

Maybe like a humming sound instead of actual vocals.

Sheisty
    Gnome
    15 Bard (future Dirge)
    The Legionnaires of Light
    Blackburrow Server
  9. ARCHIVED-Avocet Guest

I like the little Lute tune that plays with Bria's. That's my favorite. Personally I'm glad that there's no voice to go with vocal tunes. My roommate played FFX2, (I think) and I got real sick of the singer chick going Lala.... LALALALALALALALA
  10. ARCHIVED-Tautology Guest

Where´s the difference? Why should an instrument tune get less on the nerves then a voice tune?

The game has lots of repetative sounds, i.e. Freeport + commonlands music I´ve got it shut off because I cant listen to it anymore (I in general I listen to classic though)
    Message Edited by Tautology on 11-23-2004 02:19 AM