Divine guidance

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by knine, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Avirodar Well-Known Member

If DG is not intended for mass-pulling game play, that is fine. But do not stop there.

The exact same justification for adjusting DG can/should be used on fighter temp avoidance buffs. Fighters being able to round up room fulls of mobs, hit some temps, and facilitate people AE'ing mobs down will, would certainly contribute far more toward server lag than any cleric hitting DG on a normal raid encounter. Limiting fighter temp avoidance buffs to 2 avoids per second, will help reduce unrealistic encounter pulling which stresses server hardware.
  2. Laiina Well-Known Member

In fact as I recall, Curse of Darkness *WAS* fixed in a similar way, quite some time ago.

My main raid character is an Inquisitor, and I honestly don't see how this will "make it useless" as some have claimed. If that were true, then how do other healers that do not have the spell manage to heal groups?
  3. Anghammarad Well-Known Member

they have more direct group heals, group wards, group hots...

and each of these do more healing than our group reactive.
    Flatline and Deeku like this.
  4. Thor New Member

I ran into Temple (adv solo) with my SK.... pulled every single mob that was up to the 1st boss without killing any.
    I must of had like.. 50+ critters on me at least....
    Then I did the unthinkable.... I hit Shadowknights Furor.
    Every single hit was being riposted... was beautiful.

You gonna nerf that too next ?

UMADBRO? yes I am.
  5. Gninja Developer

noted... :p
  6. Uncle Active Member

grats on your inc nerf thor
  7. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

Lmao thanks man.. Now my SK is gonna be even more slacking than it already is =P
  8. Caith Developer

Riposting does not cast a spell with every hit, so the server load is light comparatively.
    Neiloch likes this.
  9. Thor New Member

Causality

Action <------> Reaction

I get hit, I get healed.

I get hit, I reflect damage.

Whats the difference? Sound almost like the same thing, I'm not an expert in coding, but where is casting a spell in there ?

Oh and thanks for the ninja-nerf, I see you've already hit DG.
    I already feel the difference when I pull a lot of trash, thanks for the Nerf.
  10. quisling Well-Known Member

Yeah, well, you know what they're saying Thor? At least we let your reactives actually proc this expansion.
  11. Caith Developer

How a reactive works is that whenever you are hit, a spell is cast on you to heal you.

That shouldn't have been live until Tuesday, and certainly not without a patch note. Looks like it got drug along for the ride with the last hotfix. The version that is going live Tuesday triggers up to 5 times a second on each recipient.
    Laiina likes this.
  12. Xakanis Active Member

So remove the spell casting, and just apply the heal.
  13. Mermut Well-Known Member

All heals are spell casts.. that's how heals work.
    Caith and Neiloch like this.
  14. knine Well-Known Member

The point of this thread was to call out the nerf to DG, which I am sure most people have made their case, but you will move forward with what you wanted to anyway. The fact is that before Temple in TOV, there was no lag associated with DG. As a matter of fact, reactives weren't even working with pulse damage introduced during this time. Reactives were then fixed to account for pulse damage and, wait for it.....lag started happening. Instead of going back in and changing every mob that they put pulse damage on, pretty much entire expac, they say they will "fix" DG. Punish the class for crappy mechanics. Of course you can say that it is the problem for procing over 100 times a frame, but no data was shown to prove that, and others have shown that it wasn't procing at all really. I would hope you just upgrade the servers, like you should, which I think you have as lag has been actually quite a bit better for the most part in most zones, and once this goes live and DG is "fixed", ie you actually upgraded the servers, it will make it look as if the DG fix did the job. You ask people to play beta, you ask them to play test, both of which I have done before and have given feedback, but many times things go ignored and have to get fixed later on in live. What's the point?? You really don't want our feedback as you have pretty much made up your mind lol, and I'm sure after the update on Tuesday, we will have a week of servers going down for small patches to fix everything else....
    Thor likes this.
  15. Ebofu Active Member

Calm your damn **** people.

DG doesn't solely cause lag, nothing does, but having an ability with unlimited triggers and no internal cooldown does allow for some extreme situations. Will this change impact clerics? No. If anything was hitting you this often its most likely a fail condition, anything else won't tick enough and you won't even notice the change. Stop being complete babies. This thread is the reason Devs lament using the forums, it inspires mob mentality stupidity.

You demand data? As if you believe this ability can't be broken. What about 729 Hits in 10 seconds? I don't even play a cleric, this was just on an alt so I have limited data and can already find a prime example of why this ability needs an internal cooldown. I wouldn't be surprised actually if being able to brute force Karana before it's script was fixed was a contributing factor to this change.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Bottom line, stop whinging about things you obviously don't understand. There is not one scenario I know where this would negatively impact clerics in a legitimate scenario.
    Corydonn, Neiloch and Laiina like this.
  16. Thor New Member

Did you crash the internet ?
  17. Vasco Active Member

That explains the 10 seconds lag I felt trying to consume my pie. Surprised it took the,mthis long to change abilities with no ICD. Still, 5 procs per second is very generous.
  18. Deeku Member

LAst night we were fighting the sacrificer in Ossuary raid instance, even though we were following the script, we got a fail condition stating that several people had been staying near the pool for too long (which they really hadn't). Anyway, those 15 messages froze my game for 2 seconds.

So instead of blaming old spells, look for all the new stuff that fails and causes lag.
    Malleria likes this.
  19. knine Well-Known Member

So equilibrium procced 153 times in that 10 secs as well?? That must be broke as well.
    Thor likes this.
  20. Ebofu Active Member

I always enjoy how petty the small minded become when defending their position.

While the devs were ***-backwards in trying to say this was purely a lag change, it doesn't change the fact this was an easily abusable ability which now has a mechanism to prevent this.

Stop deflecting. While I enjoy making fun of Daybreak's woeful, almost criminal, public relations as much as the next guy, there are other fronts which actually impact upon your experience, this is not one.