Divine guidance

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by knine, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Darwiin Active Member

I am sick and tired of Developer playing Guessing game with what is Causing "A big Cause in Sever Lag" and I call BullSh*t on Caith right now. I play a Conj & an Inquistor. Here are the list of stuff you have told us in the past that in a "big cause of Server lag"

Summoner’s pets being able to proc group procs. It was removed from game and didn't fix Lag at all.
    Summoner’s Elemental Tox. Believe me when I tell you B.S. I can be in a crazy large fight with 12 mobs(and lagging like crazy), cast Elemental Tox and the lag doesn't increase when I cast it or decrease when it finishes.
    Inquisitors Divine Guidance is my Oh **** spell when hell breaks out. The lag is exactly the same before or after I cast it. I notice not 1 bit of difference on my 10Mbit connection.
    Just stop playing the guessing game, you’re doing nothing but pissing people off. The ET change on summoner is the biggest nerf since the pet proc removal and will be a huge detriment to the overall group or raid DPS for spike damage. I have seen large fights where Elemental Tox does over 250 Million for group damage in the few seconds it runs. Making a stupid blue that might give 1 player 50 million over the same time frame isn't helping anyone and it won't help lag. That goes for the big *** nerf to Inquisitors.
    We are already hurting on healing where there are raid fight where the whole group take 800k damage ever 8-10 seconds don't freaking nerf us even more.
    How about this, once you nerf the hell out of us, if it doesn't fix our lag, you are get FIRED. Isn't that how normal corporations work for people who can't actually fix an issue but just keep throwing wrenches at it?

Better yet, just keep throwing all these wrenches and once you have driven off everyone from the game, you will just be defacto unemployed once day break dissolves the company for piss poor performance.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S.. Anyone remember the big nerf to DPS Mod over Multi-Attack years ago to fix LAG? OMG the lag will be fixed once Multia-Atack isn't happening 6 times for each weapon. So we are going to Flip Flop in game the DSP Mod with Multi-attack. This will fix lag for sure......three years later.
    Breta likes this.
  2. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

"Lag" is all relative as well.. it can't be "fixed" by simply covering it up with a bandaid. My lag is completely different from yours which is different from my guild's. Breaking things such as DG and Tox for everybody because they cause "lag" for some.. yeah, that will fix everyone's problems
  3. Deeku Member

Notable thing is that there was no lag when the expansion launched. This means that no old spell nor ability is contributing to it. All the lag comes from new expansion content and since it is getting worse, it really has to be some items that people are now getting in masses.

Or then it is just simpy H1Z1 eating EQ2 servers hamsters.
  4. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

That's a possibility, I remember crashing zones back in CoE when half the raid force had Elemental Eruption on before the rune was changed
  5. Laiina Well-Known Member

I am thinking it might be something like that, or something to do with some of the procs in AoM gear. Also possible that some of the instances at the higher tiers are just now getting a lot more action, and something in the coding is wonked. Most of the procs and spells being blamed might be a contributor, but they have been around for a long time and it seems very odd that they would all of a sudden start causing lag.
  6. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

Might be a contributor yes, but that doesn't justify completely changing the nature of them
  7. Deeku Member

Hence it must be something new, not old spells like DG.
    Laiina, Malleria and Scrappyz like this.
  8. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

Just wow. Maybe if we put some inane references to a flying duck mount, this thread would garner more attention than it's currently getting (from devs).

DG is reactive, isn't it? So if my groups getting whacked at 100 hits per frame... DG is simply reacting to it, yet DG should be throttled. What kind of fracked up logic is that? Do you honestly think that there are *that* many Inq's remaining in game using DG to cause the whole server to lag?

This is exactly why I've stopped investing time in my Inq after 10 years and jumped on the Scout bandwagon.

Server lag will improve since nobody will want to play Inq's any longer. Way to think it through.
    Malleria likes this.
  9. Anghammarad Well-Known Member

if DG triggers 100 times a frame, then there must be something triggering it.

Perhaps just tone down the HPM of the players getting whacked =)
    Adjust the encounters, so that players aren't hit 100+ times a frame.
    Malleria likes this.
  10. Breta Well-Known Member

nah this makes too much sense, it's easier to nerf DG to oblivion.
    Anghammarad likes this.
  11. knine Well-Known Member

LOL, were you expecting to get any more response from the devs than what they already stated. They have made their mind up and they will stick with it, no matter what we put on here. Furthermore the lag will still be there so prepare yourself to bomb that thread again as well.
  12. Gninja Developer

You guys are such a upbeat and happy bunch :)

Yeah... it won't trigger 100 times in a frame anymore when you are having 30+ mobs beating on you all at once. It will very likely not change heals per second at all on normal encounters. If it does we will adjust. It is not intended as a nerf its strictly a performance tweak. If it ends up being a nerf to normal gameplay, which we have yet to see in our testing on beta in heroics and raids, we will adjust it.
    Netharius and Laiina like this.
  13. Flatline Well-Known Member

Look we ARE an upbeat bunch, but seriously the question is why youre (as in the DEVS) not exhibiting caution and such in this matter when you are in raising the DPS of CA's.

For anyone reading this, including your last post i might add, it looks like a kneejerk reaction to nerf an ability due to an exploit. If that IS the case we should focus on fixing the encounter that is exploitable and leave the ability alone right ?

2nd. IF an encounter makes 30+ mobs hit EVERY member of my group... then i would wager im not supposed to heal that ... once again ... why fix the ability and not the encounter?

B) you know as well as i that what will happen is that ll the inq's and temps will drop their mains and roll with their shammy alts, hell im already gearing mine, because i KNOW that my oh pooperoo button just got turned into an 'oh .. res group 3 please' button :p

5th. So far, i have very VERY rarely - and im struggling to even find even one example - seen a perceived nerf been corrected and brought back into glory ;) let along that happening fast

I appreciate your feedback, but i also dont get the kneejerk. Fix the encounters.
  14. Gninja Developer

If it were a problem with a specific encounter we would do just that. however it is not a specific encounter it can happen on ANY encounter so the spell needs to be changed. Give us a little more credit than that please.
    Laiina likes this.
  15. Taysa Well-Known Member

What are the devs planning to do to make clerics more viable in response to this "performance tweak?" Clerics aren't nearly as desired as they once were and this "performance tweak" to DG will kill that desire to invite a cleric even more.

So what's going to be done to off set this? Will our reactives get a boost?
  16. Laiina Well-Known Member

Actually I have zero intention of dropping my Inq.
  17. Flatline Well-Known Member

I tend to, i guess for the most part the post by caith was not really informative and created alot of FUD.

The issue though is that with all the ticking damage, we are kind of .. OSCWAP (up a certain creek without a propelent device) in keeping groups up as Reactives.. well dont do much right ? so GD and DW with inquisition and groupheals been the way to go, with a perceived nerf and no communcation .. it makes things hard not just on us, but i guess on you ?
  18. Flatline Well-Known Member

Not dropping mine either been playing it as a main since ... early access :p so hellz no
    Laiina likes this.
  19. Gninja Developer

Then DoT damage common in a lot of raid fights and some heroic fights does trigger reactive heals. If clerics get a reduction in healing potential in terms of keeping the group alive with Divine Guidance we will adjust it to make up for it. But like I said we have seen no difference in keeping a group standing upright in raids after this change in the testing we have done. The only case you will see a difference is if you have way too many creatures on your group all hitting super fast in which case you probably shouldn't survive it anyway... or you would have died from the induced lag that many creatures all being hit/triggering spells would have caused or could cause.
    Laiina likes this.
  20. Laiina Well-Known Member

It might be time to take a look at many such things. I am sure there are some procs/reactives and the like that might just be made into something like a permanent buff and accomplish the same thing.
    Avirodar and Gninja like this.