Displaying HQ House Items

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by exeq2player, Jun 14, 2020.

1. exeq2player Member

Looking for ideas. How do you display your HQ house items. A trophy room style. Thanks in advance!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Actually, that's a question I've had for awhile as well; I have an idea for one of my older toons to make a "museum" of sorts, probably in his Mistmoore Crags Estate. Not a lot of them would be suitable for dioramas, probably (unless they're like armor or weapons or whatnot that mannequins or actors could wear), but there are free-standing "glass cases," "glass-door bookshelves," and other things that could be used as backdrops: Tiles flipped and "mounted" on the walls, with perhaps picture frames or the vampiric Mirrors as frames, depending on the shape (actually, for the Mirrors, narrow dividers might work better), etc. Another good place for diorama placement might be the Felwithe prestige house; there's lots of long hallways there. ;->

For smaller houses, I might suggest at least a 4-room place, with each of the rooms devoted to a different category or subject? And even 2-room places could have "armor stands" with sets on them and weapons on the wall, that sort of thing; New Halas is an especially good choice for that, put the bed by them and you're all set for any intruders ("I'll hold 'em off with the Axe, sweetie, while you get your armor on, me little dove." "Save some for me, Ragnar!"), or tucked away in the various built-in shelves (or The Cupboard Under the Stairs).

When Uwk only had a modest collection, he had a set of shelves that I wish I could remember the name of: I think they'd be considered in the Bookshelf category, and looks like one of those step-ladders that have sturdy "step" or rails on each side, kind of...wish could remember what it was called. Hang on; brb...

Argh, it's not coming to me, but I'll look it up in Uwk's main house, and put a link to it from Lera's site under separate cover. X-P

Uwk
    exeq2player and Breanna like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! Finally found the item:

mahogany display case

It's actually considered in the Counters category, for whatever reason. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Here's two ways I have done it:

[IMG]

[IMG]
  5. Katz Well-Known Member

[IMG]
    I displayed them on the living room wall for my main character's Freeport home.

6. Afista Well-Known Member

Depending on the depth of your wall, you might have space to use some of the display counters from the city festivals.
    [IMG]

Or you could consider framing out the items hanging on a wall.
    [IMG]

Senya did a trophy room many moons ago that was also one of my favorites. It was done using the ornate and small display cases.

[IMG]

My take on using those cases paired with benches below and above to showcase other things.

[IMG]

Anyways, just a few ideas :) Hope that helps!
  7. exeq2player Member

Thanks guys, got some ideas to work with! On my newest character, he bought a 4 room Freeport house. I prefer a more normal looking homes than the prestige homes. I have the L&L trophies framed on the wall with the corresponding books underneath on shelves right now. Making this one room my trophy room for him.
  8. Lera Well-Known Member

Where else would it go?
  9. Tkia Well-Known Member

Bookshelves ...
  10. Lera Well-Known Member

It's in Bookcases and Shelves now, along with Counters.
  11. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

What are all those shields and how did you turn them into house items? I recognize a couple of them as dedicated house items, but most of them are not.
  12. elflover Well-Known Member

You put a shield on a mannequin and sink it in the wall or divider so it looks like a wall item.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I put the shields on mannequins and then shoved the mannequins into either the wall or a false wall, depending on where in the house they were. Upstairs has another wall with shields, and the shields I couldn't fit on walls went on a row of standing mannequins dressed all in black robes.

Sigrdrifa's Shield Wall Manor, Bayle Court, South Qeynos, Maj'Dul Server. Ocarinah did a nice video tour.There's a list of which shields I used in that same thread, though the numbered images have gone who knows where.
  14. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

As awesome as that amount of work really is, I'm kind of disappointed that your method was exactly what I thought. I was hoping that maybe I missed some way to turn common weapons into mounted items, just like EQ's rudimentary housing system allows.
  15. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I keep suggesting that they make a house item that's basically a plaque that goes on the wall, that has one shield slot when you click it. Also Just a manniquin head with a base that would have a head slot, and a hand wall item that would hold a weapon.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Brilliant! Thanks! :D

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Too true! Most hat/helm/hood display Carpies have jumped through numerous hoops to just get the heads showing, and I won't even get into the shoes/boots/slippers... :-/

Uwk
    thinking: if they did finally come out with "wig holders," "glove racks," and "shoe lasts," we could do up a pretty groovy Jean Cocteau version of La Belle et Bête... ;->

And with just torsos as well, we could do a scene from the first New [Doctor] Who episode, "Rose"... ;->
    Breanna likes this.
  18. Carynn Well-Known Member

I used sumac bookcases for weapons dividers on one of my guys. They can be resized huge so you can fit anything you want in the nooks.

[IMG]
  19. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Here's how I did it for a friend some years ago:

[IMG]