Disenchanters

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Gnomad_Madgon, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Gnomad_Madgon Active Member

Quality of life, and balance would be a welcome thing for the class I once loved to play. I started, and commented on many threads over the past few years regarding enchanters, Illusionist specifically. A little bit of developer interaction would be a welcome thing. I have done my best to test and provide feedback. If anything else is needed of me let me know.. I will be on my ranger!

dis·en·chant·ed
    ˌdisinˈCHan(t)əd/
    adjective

1. disappointed by someone or something previously respected or admired; disillusioned.
      "he became disenchanted with his erstwhile ally"
    Gnomad Audolf ~ Maj'Dul
    Alethus, Celrath and Azeren like this.
  2. Alethus Member

NO!!!!! not my Gnomad!!!! That does it... going full dirge
  3. Celrath Member

Uh, forbidden on you swapping!
  4. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Think about how we feel about coercer s that got again the shortest end of the stick ever!
  5. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Can mimic beastlord or in worst case scenario sins .. .and beat by fair amount in DPS any wizard and warlock - which is something new :)
  6. Gnomad_Madgon Active Member

Mimic is a crutch. While I appreciate the boost to my parse It does not make the class fun to play. It is not hard to coordinate when and who to cast the spell on. It is a button I press every minute and a half, if my mimic target is on the ball and their spike lines up with the refresh timer. This only encourages laziness for players playing an enchanter. And honestly who can blame them. Their spells and auto attack damage is only going to decline when compared to other classes growth due to mechanics that simply do not benefit them. A focus on double cast will not yield any return on trigger based spells, a big source of personal damage for both enchanter classes. A focus on flurry will not yield a good return on auto attack damage due to the fact that we have half the base as most other classes.

If your beating a wizard or a warlock, then your wizard or warlock needs to figure out what they are doing wrong, because this should not be the case. It may get you ahead of some tier one DPS classes for a short period of time but it is not a sustainable source of DPS and your parse should drop off while theirs does not.

Gnomad Audolf ~ Maj'Dul
    Tharrakor likes this.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I recommend that you sit down and make a list of the specific issues, and what you want to be done about them. Then for each, describe how to reproduce the problem.

Then go to the DBG Issue Tracker (URL is in my sig box), log in (use a freebie gmail throwaway email acct if you must), and enter a ticket for every problem. Then come back here and post links to the issues so others can go upvote the issues.

The more votes an issue has in the tracker, the quicker it gets reviewed.
  8. Hest01 Member

Agree 100% chanters have almost no place any more. I played a coercer and for AoM I betrayed to Illy since that is what guild needed.

Illy: Time Warp will be near useless as casters get closer and closer to 100% double cast without timewarp. Its been diminishing over time like many other buffs and abilities. This is our biggest buff.

Coercer: Power + Hate. While slightly better than Illy Power isn't needed in many fights any more including raid fights. Hate while useful isn't a deal breaker.

All Chanters are is T2 dps ...

If we have minimal utility then we are really only second rate DPS. People still want chanters only because historically we were useful...any more we bring very little to the table. Time to move on.
    Gnomad_Madgon likes this.
  9. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Warlock is also 1 trick pony - everything built around firing chain under TW from Illi and having FC up, so no shame for enchanters be also 1 trick pony with mimic.
  10. Hest01 Member

Difference is your one trick is around dps... Your a dps class. Our one trick is dps and we are a support class..or supposed to be but we have less support abilities then most classes now. In addition, Mimic is dependant on a good target...so again we are relying on someone else for our dps. So we basically hope we have someone else in our group / raid so our dps isn't crap so we can justify taking a slot. I do realize it..if you dont like it then change or quit. But some people still believe in the age old raid setup of 3-4 chanters...and it just isnt necessary 90 percent or more of the time.
  11. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

On opposite I feel the pain, mine alter ego still coercer, I have played coercer since release and for sole reason to be in demand on raid force (in EQ1 my main was necro ... ). I probably poorly worded what I wanted to say .. Warlock is 1 trick pony who relay solely on FC and (in lesser degree to be flat honest nowadays) illusionist temp TW and I compared coercer (and Illy) DPS with warlock in this aspect. Coercer relay not on spells but on AA ability Mimic. I agree that most of coercers utilities (ok not most half) are now not very relevant - CC is not needed most of the time, mana manipulation hardly used, hate manipulation (demeanor and peaceful link) still useful but nowhere near as it use to be, mem wipe is hardly used (if ever). stifle/stun/interrupt/mana drain is somewhat inferior to similar abilities of other classes, group velocity barely bring anything on table - all in all what is left superior ability for mana manipulation and superior ability hate manipulation - both are no longer make or break things.
    My whole point was that instead of fixing crunches problem itself need to be fixed. Raid/Heroic content need to modified in a away where CC start play at least some role
  12. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Here is the thing. In one new raid zone there is a requirement to charm to save guildies. A couple of names in others require high level of power otherwise bad things happen. So coercers are still somewhat relevant.

I am only upset that with all previous class feedback we still got nothing. Even a new class cloak is awful.
  13. Hest01 Member

Yep...is needed in power fights still... Illy not so much. Coercer dehate is at least not based on a proc like an illy and they can give hate to tank but that is for most part not too relevant any more.

So utility for Coercer I would put at like 3 out of 10... Illy is about 2 out of 10 but 1 out of 10 once casters approach 90 percent plus double cast.
  14. Anunnaki Active Member

I'm so glad all you corecers cried that you were useless so they put in a ridiculous power drain fail condition on half of the raid fights in T1/T2. I really enjoy wiping on a fight due to power. So fun.
  15. Jsnappy Member

This is ridiculous chanters, especially Illys, need to be fixed ASAP. Either fix our utility or increase our base damage so we can be at least T1.5 DPS without Mimicry. At this point feel like I may have to betray my Illy to a Coercer just to remain any bit relevant or quit playing a chanter all together.
  16. Gnomad_Madgon Active Member

I switched over to my ranger full time. I figured I would swap to my Illusionist for power fights. Illusionist power conservation regeneration, and power feed capabilities are a joke. Savant is the strongest spell Illusionists have for managing power, unfortunately the recast timer is one minute and fifteen seconds. I will probably gear up my coercer for these fights, at least they can manage power. Beastlords and warlocks are better then both enchanters at managing power. Most raid forces will only use enchanters in the select encounters that may require mesmerize or charm.

Gnomad Audolf ~ Maj'Dul
  17. Anjel Member

This expac is definitely not the one for enchanters. Yeah they have a power drain fight and now there are mobs to mez ... /yawn
    TBH this enter expansion is very underwhelming.
  18. Kraeref Well-Known Member

So what? You conjurors cried more than us about all your broken spells and still crying about no utility.
    Anjel likes this.
  19. Kraeref Well-Known Member

And on top of it such a god awful cloak for coercers that I just want to really cry from sadness of it.

And very true. Mimicry is only good when you do have a good dpser in a group or raid who know to let us when to cast it.
    Anjel likes this.
  20. Anjel Member

Instead of crying for nerfs ... LTP and be happy that the mobs are dying fast enough to hide your mediocre gameplay.
    Cattnip likes this.