Discussion to improve Necro class

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Uinael_Guk, Apr 8, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Uinael_Guk Guest

I like the Necro, I don't know why, but I still do. I like doing well on a class that's real easy to look bad on, and I love all the tricks and stuff they have. There are some real weird issues with the class, however.
    Am I wrong in saying that SK's are more of a 'melee' version of necros? They both fall under the same umbrella of sucking life out of opponents to heal (eq1 had a pet that worked, granted a crappy pet), FD, etc. Why is the SK so much better at nearly every 'necro-like' ability than the Necro is? FD is nearly as good, has a quicker recast, and re-use trigger starts while FD. Lifetaps are better, and they heal themselves more.
    Looking at my SK, he has 0 abilties that have a constant life draining effect, yet their version of 'lich' heals for over 350 a spell, and increases damage by 5%. SK's also have:
    Devour Vitae (roughly 1k heal every 13 seconds)
    Siphon Strike (500ish heal every 27 seconds)
    AA Ability to add an 81 heal every 4 seconds to one spell
    AA Ability to add a 2k+ heal to harmtouch (long re-cast)
    Unholy Blessing (3 trigger 500 reactive heal - 13 second recast)
    Tap Veins (1k+ lifetap from any target in the area up to 8 targets, 40 second recast)
    With all those heals, you'd think they had a constant life draining effect on them that required that. Wrong. This isn't a plea to nerf SK's, I like my SK too, but between:
    Lich (400+ health every 6 seconds)
    AD (550 health - likely more for well geared necros - every 6 seconds)
    Lifeburn (full life drain)
    You would think Necros have at the very least "SK-type" ability to heal themselves. Our heals consist of:
    Lich (200 a spell cast -- 150+ less than SKs)
    Lifetap (1,500 heal every 9 seconds)
    Bloodcloud (1,300 heal every 20 seconds)
    Consumption (230 heal every pet spell cast for 15 seconds - 1.5 min recast)
    So my suggestions for the necro class:
    1. Make bloodcloud heal from every mob in the area up to 8 targets
    2. Give us an AA ability to make 2-3 extra spells 'lifetap' abilities, which will come in handy during lifeburn
    3. Make dumbfires, especially undead horde, immune to AOE
    4. Reduce lifeburn re-cast to 2 mins, similar to Elemental Blast
    5. Reduce undead horde re-cast to 6 mins, similar to Plane Shift
    I don't think there is anything too drastic or game changing there. I'd also like to see AD boosted but I don't want to ask for too much. All this basically does it make our dumbfires useful, and allow us to potentially heal ourselves through lifeburn (seeing as the other classes don't need support to properly do their abilities)
  2. ARCHIVED-DravynX Guest

Can't agree enough with this. Its amazing how long this has gone on, as well, with the SK being so much better at being a necro than the necro is. Pretty ridiculous in my opinion.
  3. ARCHIVED-Garlin1 Guest

You forget we can spec consumption to group heal (Which you get the regular heal + the group heal when it procs) and the fact that your pet heals the group with its spells also. Of course we don't have the healing ability of the SKs, why would we? I mean we are a cloth class. Give us that ability and we will be virutally unstoppable.
  4. ARCHIVED-cyric22 Guest

Luceus@Everfrost wrote:
  5. ARCHIVED-Sosumya Guest

while somethings are broken.. I think the class is doing great again. I have had some amazing parses and my last guilds SK was losing big time to me.
  6. ARCHIVED-Germs666 Guest

Sosumya@Unrest wrote:
    I think we should be aiming higher than outparsing SKs man. That being said Conjis have it WAY better due to the mechanics and you can tell gear was designed to help Conjis do better NOT necros. Spell double attack/potency factors much differently for our pets than conjis pets and their damage potential. We got shafted big time yet no necros are griping about it because they all quit or betrayed.
  7. ARCHIVED-Germs666 Guest

8. ARCHIVED-shotens Guest

I love to play my necro ! I use him to farm rares.

Then I log my conj to actually do some dps ... Life is great.

I have to say " The pets are way better looking than the new conj pets " Hay at least they fixed one thing with the necro class... REALLY COOOL PETS we win!!!!
  9. ARCHIVED-jvander Guest

I'm getting outparsed by a 90 conjie who raids on her dirge... in TSO T3 raid gear... and I'm wearing 4 red adorns. I started playing my necro in October last year and I've been told I need to master my cast order more. i'm getting the gears from guildies because with my gear i should be doing waaay more dps.
    B/S.
    consume ... soulrot ... lifetap ... soulrot ... bloodcoil ... bewild ... soulrot ... lifetap ... soulrot ... etc. (insert pandemic and bloodcloud on aoe fights).
    wow... maybe i'll increase my dps by going lifetap before soulrot on pull :p
    I havn't played my nec that long... so please more experienced necros tell me... are we broken or am i doing something wrong???
    SF raid gear has some great raid stats. Our raiding conjie's pet does 13k dps and she does 7k... i do 7k dps and my pet does 5k (this is before I had some of my gear... ignore the nubmers I'm just more saying how the ratio is from pet to toon). I guess they have spells that direct through their spells... they seem to benefit from robes of duality more since it gives 12 potecncy to the pet and non to the caster so necros get shafted. I don't wanna be a whiner but I just feel sorry for my raid force that they bring me along when we seem to be broken...
  10. ARCHIVED-Garlin1 Guest

Don't know what to tell ya. I parse normally 18-22k on raids. It depends on the fight etc. Also, keep in mind group builds also. If they have a troub in the group and you don't, then that is going to be a huge loss of dps. Your cast order is way off from mine. I actually toss in pandemic and believe it or not vampire bats.
  11. ARCHIVED-Axanar Guest

Germs666 wrote:
    Is the gap between them really that large?,
    cannot say I have grouped with any skilled necros in p/u groups though yet.