Discord server?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Mr Kotter, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Mr Kotter New Member

is there one?
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. The Fonz Active Member

Soara2 likes this.
  3. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Be very careful in what you say or ask or you may not be using that for very long...
    Lateana, Soara2, Svenone and 5 others like this.
  4. Synergy Blaize New Member

Soara2 likes this.
  5. Melkior Well-Known Member

When I Google "EQ2 Discord", I get the following link:

https://discordapp.com/invite/dscvuK5

It worked for me, so I assume it is still valid. I'm told that if it doesn't work you might be banned.
    Soara2 likes this.
  6. Svenone Well-Known Member

The thing is they ban without warning, without violating the stated rules for the server, and there is no recourse or method to plead your side. Somebody decides they don't like what you have to say and that is it, the ban hammer is used.
  7. Dude Well-Known Member

Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  8. Raff Well-Known Member

I've found that just minding your manners pretty much guarantees you won't get banned.
  9. Zenji Well-Known Member

Lateana and Siren like this.
  10. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

I think what Dude is pointing out is that in that post I said that if you have questions about your discord ban or would like to contest it you can reach out to me.

Which is recourse and method to plead your side.
    Xiao and Lateana like this.
  11. Zenji Well-Known Member

I did reach out to you on one of my Discord accounts on Tuesday. Still waiting to hear back after you said you would look into it.

Please don't pretend the moderators there are not quick to ban. It is your server to moderate how you see fit, but players have less leeway to express their opinions or ask questions on discord, than they do on these forums. The worst part about being banned from the discord server is, it is quite common for discord to be the first or only place to get some information.

So maybe consider muting people or creating a "jail" rank and placing people at that rank so they can still view the conversations but not be able or participate (chat). Not that it really matters at this point, the ban list on that discord has to be quite lengthy.
    Ashandra, Lateana, Siren and 3 others like this.
  12. Dude Well-Known Member

Honestly, you have to work pretty hard to get banned under the current moderators. There are people who I think cross way over the line, who do not get banned.

That being said, my point was that there is recourse now where there did not seem to be in the past. In other words, Dreamweaver was correct in his assessment of my intent.
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Feldon Well-Known Member

I thought you'd never ask!

[The below discord link is for Feldon's discord server - dreamweaver]

https://discord.gg/3VZWyG5
    Ashandra, Lateana and Zenji like this.
  14. Siren Well-Known Member

Even Feldon was banned from the EQ2 Discord-- and he's the one who originally created it! :p
    Feldon, Lateana and Breanna like this.
  15. Ashandra Well-Known Member

Thank you for that link Feldon .
    Siren, Lateana and Breanna like this.
  16. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Hahahahaha yeah right.

I've been banned from this discord on I think two or three discord accounts just by simply @'ing the devs and asking when the fixes on Fallen Gate promised on a thread were coming out, then asking them why they would push back an expansion release by three weeks just to do nothing for itemization.

This kind of stuff is completely valid complaints/concerns for TLE. I was also once banned for asking why they refused to put in guild halls when they were slated to be released then put training dummies on the marketplace yet charged for them when they should be free.

The final lulsy ban was definitely asking them to remove the guild hall vouchers from the marketplace on Fallen Gate because they were purchasable and not usable, then being banned because I called the mere idea of them even showing up predatory. Bonus points because none of my guildies were refunded.
    Feldon and Lateana like this.