Dirge vs. Troubador

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Schirf, Feb 16, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Schirf Guest

I'm currently a low level Troub, but l'll be doing the Betrayal soon and will have the opportunity to change to Dirge. Should I? And if so, why? I'm asking the same question on the Troub board. Really, I'm looking for reasons why I should stay a Troub but I'm not finding many...
    Some extra info:
    -- I will be using at-tier Master Crafted equipment most of the time.
    -- While leveling, I'll be playing with my wife's Mystic 100% of the time, and with my son's Paladin about half of the time.
    -- Our playstyle will have us questing non-stop, with combat experience off. We're not racing to end-game; we are focusing on AAs as we level.
    So, to stay Troub or not, that is the question...
  2. ARCHIVED-thecynic315 Guest

yes you should change to Dirge.
    REASON: Im Biased.

In truth take a coin and flip it heads you stay a troub tails a Dirge. Based on the info given about how the 3 of you will be playing its going to be more important that you enjoy the toon then anything else, but still Dirges are better then smelly silly troubs(again Im biased).
  3. ARCHIVED-firza Guest

with your playstyle the only advice can be:

Are you having fun with your troub?

yes/no
    do not change/change...
  4. ARCHIVED-Loadtoads Guest

DIRGES SUCK!!!

Troubs rock!!!! dude... don't ever betray, stay a Troub, the World needs more Troubs!!!!!

I Love my Troubys!!!!!
  5. ARCHIVED-hispania Guest

Fast reply, bad english

You can control adds with daze and fear

You can resurrect your wife or your son and even heal him if they need.

You can root.

You can snare.

You can debuff.

I play with a friend's Warden and we dont need a tank

You can soloing almost all the mobs in t1 - t7 tiers. So with your wife and son you can do lots of heritage quests

Your son will be amazed with your melee oriented buffs, and at high levels will be thrilled with cacophony of blades

I have played with a pally, a sawshy, a fury, a wizard, templar, ranger and conjuror. Dirges are the best and funnies class in game but, like troubs, is not an easy class.

BTW, Loadtoads. Troub vs Dirge = Dead troub.
  6. ARCHIVED-greenmantle Guest

Schirf wrote:
    Best reason, dirge makes a melee speced healer shine.
    Other reasons, dirges are the masters of cool that get down and dirty with both types of axe, troubies are men in tights that didnt make the grade to be rangers ;)
  7. ARCHIVED-Sachril Guest

Roughly speaking, both bards are warrior-mages. Troubadors slant more towards the "mage" side, dirges towards the "warrior" side.
  8. ARCHIVED-Inggy Guest

Why change? Roll one of each class.
    I raid on my Troub and 60ish Dirge for off-night's play-time...nothing like solo'n another bard to 80 :(.
    The two classes have diffferences but for the most part play the same. Troub more cast/CA DPS, Dirge better debuffs and more AA DPS. Both are fun but as for one being better than the other...depends on the group. Since I primarly raid both bards are needed. Melee centered group will prefer a Dirge whereas a caster centered group will want the Troub.
    Have fun, either bard will be useful in your group regardless. It just may not be optimal. Sorta inline with having a Coercer / Illusionist choice.