Dirge v. Troubadour

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-resipsaloq, Feb 10, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-resipsaloq Guest

I am new to EQ2 and am trying to figure out the difference between a dirge and a troubadour. What I know so far:

Dirge debuffs, troubadour buffs. Dirge is a bit more melee oriented, troubadour is a bit more magic oriented. Dirge rezzes, troubadour mezzes. Here is what I would like to know:

Which class solos better?

Are dirges still desires in groups?

Thank you in advance.

Message Edited by resipsaloq on 02-10-200612:38 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-Lindar Phamoncry Guest

first a little clarification... while its true that Dirges rez and Troubs mez, its more like Dirge fear vs Troub Mez... and Dirge Rez vs Troub Charm

from my understanding both have a slightly hard time soloing... though about even if I had to say. And while I feel it was definitley not the case a while back... BOTH are becoming greatly desirable in groups... ESPECIALLY in raids
  3. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

I wouldn't say it's hard to solo as a dirge, at all. Maybe others who have played other classes have a hard time soloing as a dirge, or are more used to different tactics, or even a different pacing of combat/down time. I have a *very* easy time soloing. My Swashie can kill stuff faster, but really eats it when I screw up the particulars. My Warlock is even moreso. My dirge is the best soloing character I have though in terms of balanced effectiveness versus get-the-heck-out ability.
  4. ARCHIVED-Lindar Phamoncry Guest

I guess reading your post and rereading mine... I do think I made it sound harder than it is. yes.. the pace at which I can solo is not bad at all when finding the right group of mobs... I think thats where we do a bit of shining... but when it comes to a mob thats a little nastier than the average, that many other classes can take things we jsut cant solo without a SEROIUS plan of attack if possible... or possibly its jsut my tactics.. who knows =P
    Regardless I LOVE my dirge and wouldnt trade him for the world lol
  5. ARCHIVED-Darkmage666 Guest

Ok im looking for a char that regens both power and hps for group do both dirges and troubadour have this ability?.
    If so are they the same or is troub better?.
  6. ARCHIVED-Cielago Guest

Both dirge and troubadour regen mana but only troub can regen health.
  7. ARCHIVED-DevontheGnome Guest

well if it comes to it there is always good old kiting for soloing. It is nice having a song that slows run speed that is not affected by melee damage

60 inquisitor
    52 dirge
    Message Edited by DevontheGnome on 02-14-200611:34 AM