Dirge Starter Drops

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Psychochimpy, Feb 8, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Psychochimpy Guest

Since the current thread on this is derailed. I'd like to ask one more time for confirmation that it's working as intended.

So far, I've been in here another 4-5 hours killing heroics and the named that is supposed to drop it and I've gotten nothing. Our epic, while not so hard as some, is also not the easiest quest in the game. With the starter so insanely hard to get, I'm almost half expecting to be able to turn it into Random NPC#3114 and get my epic for no extra cost.
  2. ARCHIVED-Koibito Guest

Everlasting Quill
    rare drop, tradeable, legendary, ornate/exquisite chest only, not 100%.
    are dirges the only class with the priviledge to buy our epic starter with large amounts of platinum?
    hours of farming in Sebilis, 10 reflective smoldering shards, 1 box of nil space.
    absolutely despicable.
  3. ARCHIVED-Psychochimpy Guest

2.5 days in Sebilis now, 4 people in my guild finished with their epics. 27 Shards, and thousands of kills from Kotiz to Xor'Ga or whatever to the Banker, Smith, Taskmaster, and Seargent.

No Quill.
  4. ARCHIVED-GangleG Guest

good job on the starter drop devs...been in seb for half the day now and haven't seen ****.
  5. ARCHIVED-Ozumn Guest

So mabye Seb isn't the best/only place to get it?
  6. ARCHIVED-Psychochimpy Guest

If possible, I'd like anyone who has gotten their quill today to at least post something here. I'm at a loss as to why this isn't still a big issue, unless I'm just the most unlucky person in the world.
  7. ARCHIVED-SirensSong Guest

Has anyone gotten a Quill in Chardok post-patch? I got nothin' there, but I wasn't there a super long time.
  8. ARCHIVED-Selis Guest

The fact that this is tradable so jerkoffs on my server can ask for 1k plat for it make it even better imo
  9. ARCHIVED-missdoomcookie Guest

I am sorry I estimated it would be in today. The fix has been in and ready for a few days, but it won't be pushed to the server until early in the coming week.
  10. ARCHIVED-Psychochimpy Guest

CONFIRMED DROP

Gorowyn Hierophant
    Deep Chardok
  11. ARCHIVED-fishripper Guest

9hrs of nothing, It really is sad other people can sell our starter.. Why cant they buy their starter from someone else.
  12. ARCHIVED-Caytor Guest

Are twenty hours of farming in Sebillis not enough? Many guildies have already finished their epic weapon quest. Noone has seen an everlasting quill on the way. Not in Sebillis or anywhere else. So this is not the problem of one unlucky player.

Why do we have to wait until sometime next week to fix this ********. Most Dirge players are not willing to wait and continue farming. Hours and hours and hours.

Even the most blind dev should realize that this is simply unacceptable. Where is the problem to bring in this damned quest starter.

The whole problem seems to be that all the trash mobs don´t drop legendary chests like the mobs in Jarsath for the necro epic. I killed about 30 mobs and found both items. In Sebillis not 1 drop in 1000 kills.
  13. ARCHIVED-Zhephiraa Guest

saturday night in sebilis, nothink drop... What is your purpose? Killing the fun? so great job, i don't know what will follow, but the fun is allready down...
  14. ARCHIVED-Egeis Guest

Yssis@Storms wrote:
    Lets see some optimism dirges!
    We get the entire weekend off of trying to get our epics done while everyone swarms the dungeons trying to do theres and for those VERY VERY VERY few they wont have any competition to getting the discovery!!!

I think "Discovery by: " should be removed from this game or at least the dirge ones should be perma erased....

I wanted a chance to get it but seems only a handful will be allowed...
  15. ARCHIVED-Ronin32 Guest

Thanks for making people farm solid and pull their hair out for 3 days before letting us know that Lindsay. Care to explain why it couldnt be put into the same patch as Brifgand Epic fix? or the other handful of fixes yesterday? You said "It has been ready for a few days to go in"??? Sounds like you couldnt organise a beer party in a brewery.
    Thanks for wasting everyones time.
  16. ARCHIVED-Hakeshar Guest

Ready for days huh ? Servers been down 2x huh ?? Guess it is pretty clear.
  17. ARCHIVED-negotiator Guest

40 hours camping the hieraphant in seb and not one drop. I must have killed the Ph on the guk server over 100 times on the 9 to 10 minute timmer he is on and the actual name atleast 20 times. Also I help a inquistor kill 75 frog on the right side of the map where two name spawn and i probably killed them 10 times then on the other side i helped 2 pally's and a warden get there updates and killed the named mobs that spawn over there on that side a dozen times or so. Also my guild spent about 5 hours name searching down in the slave caves where we got about 10 more named and no quill. Also we spent several hous trying the library in chardok and got Jack. I went from 131 aa to 140 killing named looking for the starter and no drop yet. This is seriously wrong. It would of been faster for me to betray to troub and then take 3 days off come back and i could of finished the troub epic in less time then it takes to get the starter and atleast then i would of not been the only guy in my guild ready to hurt someone. sorry for the rambling but im frustrated.

there are only two raiders in our guild that havent finsihed yet and we are both dirges searching for the starter

Loxodon
    80 dirge Guk
    Immortality
  18. ARCHIVED-Morganna Guest

Gorwynn Hierophant past the red door in Chardok Library is your friend....

Get a group, go there and you'll have it with in an hour.
  19. ARCHIVED-Egeis Guest

Morganna wrote:
    There friends to groups looking to make some plat off of us dirges as well, we should have just got a quest to go kill them not get a random rare drop that everyone realizes they could fetch a few plat for. But if you do get down there and there anrt other groups farming / getting down there for updates then about one hour you can get two drops. Good idea to only go with one dirge and a balanced group, if you are hunting for several have a conji there with Coth or make sure the other dirge(s) have a ability to coth themselves to you. Second TAKE your time, one bad pull means you will be spending a lot of time to get back down there.
    If you have to run throught the entire zone to get the door shards then multiply that hour by four. Three to get all the door shards and one to farm.
    Got mine last night after a hour of farming, Good Luck!