Dirge Spells 1-80

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-BrokenAria, Jun 4, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-BrokenAria Guest

The dirge spell list brought to you by Arhea Orandearg. A huge thank you to my predecessors at TenTonHammer and here at the forums for providing the means and information to produce, consolidate and improve (maybe?)this list.

Since EQ2 forums hates my coding. You can view the web document or download a word file for your own uses.
    Please note: The spell tree may look ugly, but in a web document with your browser at full-size it's not too ugly. I am planning on re-structuring it.
    However, the best way to use this- the way I use it- is when you upgrade a spell or you want to find what and when your next upgrade is... use CTRL+F to open the find function. It'll highlight the spell in the tree list and you can easily see what comes next or what came before it. If you need more details... such as level or description, refer back to the first table. Rocket science? Nah.

If you see any problems or have suggestions on making it better, bring them to the table.
  2. ARCHIVED-BrokenAria Guest

Question... would you any one find it useful to also maybe include a checklist to allow you to check off what spell upgrades you have... App's, Master's... etc.? Just a thought I had.
    Discuss.
    Edit: Arhea can not type.
  3. ARCHIVED-Whysprr_Wyrd Guest

Yes, definitely. If it were organized by tier, that'd work even better.
    Whysp
  4. ARCHIVED-BrokenAria Guest

Oooo... nice idea, Whysp the Wise. I'll have a chance to fix it Sunday night.
    Currently, I have no desk in my apartment. I just moved and my Dad keeps delaying on bringing it over to me. Do you know how hard it is to craft while laying on your stomach. I gave up after failing 30 million times with aching elbows.
    So, once I'm equipped with a desk and some rockstar energy, I'll make it all tiered and checklist-afied.
    Thanks for the input, Whysp. As always, muchly appreciated.
  5. ARCHIVED-SugarGirl Guest

Nice list, Thanks!
    One question... isn't Spell Rebuff an upgrade for Zander's Choral Rebuff, or do they stack?
  6. ARCHIVED-BrokenAria Guest

Nice catch.
    I have a new version incorporating Whysp's comments. I'll make sure that your edit makes it on there too.
  7. ARCHIVED-peepshow Guest

Cant wait to see your finished work, its a very nice list to begin with, and with Whysprr's idea its gonna be even better for sure
  8. ARCHIVED-Svann Guest

9. ARCHIVED-radiandf Guest

quick question for all you dirges...

I'm pretty new to this game and this char is the first one I've had over 50. Whats the deal with spells after 50? i noticed that some you can buy somewhere but some are only drops?

Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks a bunch.
  10. ARCHIVED-duuf Guest

With the introduction of Desert of Flames came Ancient teaching spells generally for each class at level 52, 55, and 58.
    These are powerful special use spells and could only be obtained from a drop or from a crafter that obtained a dropped ancient teaching recipe.
    There were also a few ancient teaching recipes that could be bought from the factin merchants in Maj Dul.

Our three tier 6 ancient teaching spells -

52 Percussion of Stone - never upgraded
    55 Scream of Death - replaced in tier 8
    58 Cacophony - replaced in tier 8

Duubard
  11. ARCHIVED-BrokenAria Guest

The updated version will be released this weekend. Be prepared. :)
    I know- I've said this before, but it will actually be released. Real work actually consumed my soul for a bit there.