Dirge Rezzes

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Bhayar, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I was under the impression that dirge rezzes were clean rezzes, but somewhere in the past, that has apparently changed and now, as I read the description of the two, they both appear to attach rez sickness to the rez the dirge provides. What appears to be confusing is that "Confront Fear" is used to offset the rez sickness when the dirge uses his/her rez spell on a group/raid member, but the Confront Fear spell description still refers to itself as used to combat rez sickness from "druid related" rez sickness. So the description apparently isn't accurate and hasn't been for some time.
    Not sure why rez sickness was added to a dirge rez, but equally confused why the Confront Fear spell description hasn't been edited or corrected. Or does DBG consider the dirge a druid? They both start with the letter "D" after all, haha.
    Pixistik likes this.
  2. Ragna Well-Known Member

You forget a word. "Druids delayed res. sickness" Druids have Primeval Awakening, a rez which at first buff you and put sickness only after the buff termination.
    The "regular" rez are cured by the "Dispel X level of hostile Fear effect on target".
  3. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Now I see why my wife gets occasionally pissed when I go into my precise language mode. While I appreciate the added word, in the heat of a raid action, might be difficult to know which rez the person actually got and who it might have been from. And from the standpoint of what I was originally discussing--it wasn't druid rezzes, it was dirge rezzes. Confront Fear doesn't give a rat's patootie when it comes to a dirge rez, he/she still needs to cast it on the person they rezzed. A dirge rez is NOT a druid rez, regardless of which one might be cast. It's a odd descriptor.
    Pixistik likes this.
  4. Obano Well-Known Member

Rezzing on a dirge has always been a two step process. I have boxed a dirge on 2nd account for over decade and the rez always had to be macroed. /useabilityonplayer <t> elegy at deaths door ; /useabilityonlayer <t> confront fear
    Rosyposy likes this.
  5. Earar Well-Known Member

Idk this rez still gives rez sickness tho. I'd need to check but both those druid rez don't have rez sickness anymore .. from memory.

just checked in game, reincarnation/primal awakening don't give rez sickness (nature's touch/fierce rousing do)
  6. Ragna Well-Known Member

Sorry if I wasn't clear, English being my 3rd language ;)

Confront fear remove all res sickness (from any priests/dirge/necro/pally or even - most - items rez) some Druids rez used to apply rez sickness only after the initial 1 min (?) rez buff - Earar said this have changed but as I don't play a Druid I've no idea if that comes from AA/Prestige or if it was just removed from the spells - Anyway it would have been lame - mostly for Druids - if a dirge cast CF for nothing 'cause the sickness would only happens afterwards.
  7. Bhayar Well-Known Member

ROFL...while I do appreciate the feedback here, the irony of my comments seems to have been missed. So let me speak to the basics. Yes, the description for Confront Fear includes the following: "is used to cure druid (highlighted for emphasis) related rez sickness." A Dirge has two rezzes, both of which attach rez sickness after being used. Confront Fear is used to cure those. A dirge is not a druid, he/she is a scout, not a priest. Does it not strike any one odd that the Confront Fear spell describes a druid related rez sickness, when--more accurately, it should just describe "rez sickness" period and lose the "druid" description entirely?
    Pixistik likes this.
  8. Melkior Well-Known Member

Ragna tried to provide the answer. Let me see if I can clarify. The spell specifically says Druid delayed rez effects to indicate it will clear not only the rez effects present at the time the spell may be cast, but also the delayed effect that only a druid has.

If you read the spell description for Confront Fear as opposed to the bullets it states:

Instantly removes resurrection sickness from an ally and cures them of any Fear effects. Confront Fear also greatly speeds their regeneration if they were under resurrection sickness from the effects of a resurrection spell. Has no effect on revived sickness.

I am not sure why this didn't make it into the effects bullets in the bottom of the description. However I can understand why it specifically mentions the Druid delayed effect, since that is different than any other rez in the game.
  9. Bhayar Well-Known Member

This is the description of the dirge rez spell. Check the last line.
    Elegy at Death's Door
    Elegy at Death's Door
    Dirge
    Icon Ally Resurrect
    Wheel Green Coin
    Resurrects a fallen ally. This spell can be cast during combat.

TargetRaid or Group Friend
    Power231
    Casting4.0 seconds
    Recast30.0 seconds
    RangeUp to 10.0 meters
    Level44

Mastery
    Ministration

Effects
    Resurrects target with 10% health and power
    Applies Elegy on termination.
    Heals target for 25.0% of max health
    Applies Revived Sickness on termination. Lasts for 2 minutes.
  10. Melkior Well-Known Member

This is to the best of my knowledge a common error across all Rez spells. Here is the description for Path of the Grey, a Mystic Rez:

Resurrects target with 15% health and power
    Applies Heal on termination.
    Heals target for 15.0% of max health
    Applies Revived Sickness on termination. Lasts for 2 minutes.
    Decreases Attack Speed of target by 20
    If not between levels 1-6
    Decreases All Attributes of target by 20%
    If not between levels 1-6
    Decreases Attack Speed of target by 5.0
    If between levels 1-6
    Decreases All Attributes of target by 5.0%
    If between levels 1-6
    If outside an arena

I checked one on my templar, and it used the same wording. The distinction that they are TRYING to draw is the effect when you Revive versus when you get a rez. I agree it is poorly worded and can lead to misunderstanding. Bottom line though Confront Fear removes sickness from the Dirge rez as well as other healer rezes.
  11. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's exactly what I was pointing out in my original post. Wording simply doesn't make sense when you look at the description.
    Pixistik likes this.
  12. Svenone Well-Known Member

The last time I tried to raid with my fury I was asked not to rez, because every rez a fury has includes rez sickness (they have no "clean" rezzes.) Which was fine with me, just one less thing to worry about! Personally, I don't mind "dirty" rezzes most of the time, because I can still be more useful while suffering rez sickness than being a corpse!
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  13. duckster Active Member

Druids rezzes have the bolster buff(stat increase exc fervor ) on them if i recall correctly then the delayed rez sickness after 1 minute.

Id take a druid rez and just carry the cure sickness pots personally. Dirge confront fear is a buff when used correctly.
  14. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if you're raiding or not, but I can tell you that people getting rezzed with rez sickness tend not to last long in raid fights with the massive amount of damage being thrown out by boss fights. And for years, the penalty was significant enough for any kind of heroic instance that we became conditioned to make sure nothing got pulled until rez sickness was gone. As far as I'm concerned, DBG would be doing all of us a favor just to eliminate rez sickness completely from the game. Doesn't mean armor can't be broken if you're dying, but just dump the rez sickness once and for all. Do everyone a solid....
    Rosyposy and Pixistik like this.
  15. duckster Active Member

I am not a fan of rez sickness but the reliance of a dirge sickness cure over the years pretty much became not required when they added Coldain Cure-All potions for self sufficient players.(Dirges are a rare breed so that played a part too)

https://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/3130693948
  16. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Thanks for the laugh.
  17. Bentenn Well-Known Member

dirge rezzes should only be needed for heal heal encounters that is using a solo healer. every healer gets det free rezzes and should never get beaten by a dirge.. Confront Fear is being used for high dpser's that have reforged into reuse speed for pot gain... healers better learn to rez more quickly if they are being beat by a dirge.. 2 sec and 4 sec rez vs all 2 sec rezzes for healers except for spirit dance for mystics, which is 4.. no brainer that healers are being lazy if being beat by your dirge.. or they are solo healing a heal intensive encounter. :)
  18. Mermut Well-Known Member

The mystic clean rez is AA only and takes a long time (6+ secondd if I recall correctly off the top of my head) to cast.
    Also, if my tank needs protections from barrage, I'm going to leave the deader dead.. especially if they ran off and died out of range.
    Rezzing is not and should not, be a healer's first priority (unless it's the tank or the deader is needed for a specific role). Keeping the tank and the rest of the group alive higher priority.
  19. Bentenn Well-Known Member

It's actually 4 secs (resuse maxxed).. played a mystic since the start.. if you can't keep someone alive while using a 2 sec clean rez, especially with all that is in your arsenal.. then i'm speachless. With as much as you post and know about the game, I can assume that you can keep a tank alive and rez at the same time :)....heal/cure/rez/dps..depending on the encounters, cures don't mean much.. so heal and rez..2 sec clean rez for you as long as it's in range.. matter of fact.. 2 sec clean rez for every healer except a mystic, but they can do it at 50 meters if they've specced for it..matter of opinion I guess :)

Dirges have 2 rezzes.. sure you know this.. one is a 2 second and one is a 4 sec cast.. both require CF.. so if I rez a healer with single and use CF.. its now 20 secs I either wait to rez again or rez and hope they don't die because of lack of confront fear.. or that healer could rez using a det free lol.. most raids have at least 6..when i play the dirge, I will usually help out the solo heal groups.. but if we have full compliment of 8 heals (sometimes we do lol, just the way people are on or not) then I leave the rezzing to them.. my CF is being used for my DPS classes that have specced reuse to receive CF.. :)
  20. Mermut Well-Known Member

Provided people aren't doing silly stuff, yeah ;)
    But when dps runs off in 2+ different directions from the tank to pull trash and die on the way in, I don't generally have time to go find them while dealing with the incoming swarms ;)