Dirge help please

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Elorastar, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Elorastar Member

Some background first...my main dirge used to raid but quit playing before AoD. I started up again (f2p) part way through ToT and eventually subbed. I was enjoying the game again without the stress of raiding or should I say 'being REQUIRED to log on a certain number of evenings for x amount of time. I've made some new friends who are fun to play with and don't rag on me because I am not one of the top dirges around. I have no intention of raiding again unless my guild is really short on numbers. However I am trying to relearn my class to be good in groups. We cleared a T2 zone last night quite easily so that was great. Gear stats have changed quite a bit over the approximately 4 years I wasn't playing and I am a bit confused over one thing in particular.

When I came back during ToT I used the scout wdb build. But now in KA, I've heard that auto attack has dropped way down in importance for bards. I am slowly changing out gear. With the tradeskill cloak and ethereal weapon, my resolve is quite good, but in order to build my potency (just over 7k) and my crit bonus (just under 3 k) I will need to change from higher wdb items.

I guess summing it up, I want to know what really is most important for a dirge in today's game/this xpac. Should I give up more of my wdb for crit bonus/potency or try to keep high wdb. Keep in mind, I am not looking for a raid build, but I'd like to hold my own in groups.

Sorry for such a long post, but would sure appreciate some input from other scouts, especially bards.

Thanks so much
  2. Melt Actually plays the game

Drop any and all WDB you can. It is a worthless stat now. Potency and CB are far more important now. Aim for around 12k to start
  3. Earar Well-Known Member

now whether you're scout mage ou healer .. u need all the same stats ?
    only tanks need a bit of other stuff like mit increase ?
  4. Silvr Member

First thing to learn is everything you learned about being a scout before KA... Ignore. We are all mages now. Potency as high as you can get it, CB will max around 4k (depending on overcap gear), ability mod as high as you can afford, even accuracy and strikethrough make a difference (more so on raid mobs). Heck for a dirge half our abilities are spells, doublecast is worth it more then flurry/wdb/haste (you can stop haste at 200). DPS mod you can ignore, and the only real reason to worry about MA is if you put battle cry on yourself 25% of your MA is converted to potency.

EQWire Story on Auto Attacks (2nd half of article)
    Kelvani likes this.