Dirge fluff spells~

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Shiverr, Sep 22, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Shiverr Guest

Hello,

Long time scout fan, new to dirgedom here. Its been a nice change of pace and I'm really enjoying it thus far. I've searched and pieced together some info on the Dirge fluff/fun spells but not found anything concise and completely informative.

I'm looking to get some info on what the Dirge fluff spells are, what exactly they do, and what level they are attained at - I'm assuming 20, 40, 50 perhaps as others?

Thanx for any input!
  2. ARCHIVED-Prub Guest

I can only remember 1 and that is the perpetual motion.. (lyssas or something like that) think it was a 50 spell.. very annoying spell .. as particles are in your face all the time.

I could be wrong but I think we got an illusion at 20... dark elf maybe.. (I see the other thread up top about that and I thought we got it but wasnt sure)

but other than that I dont remember any other fluff spells
  3. ARCHIVED-Lindar Phamoncry Guest

if your refering to "fluff" as a term some kids use to describe a fart... yes we get them

20 - Melancholy Melody - Group target has a FEINT black cloud surronds the target IF the person looking at it uses pretty dang high settings... oddly enough could be confused with the formentioned fart =P
    40 - Illusion:Dark Elf - eh.. ok as long as the person isnt a DE, and is too lazy to do "Guise of the Deciever" or the DE bone collection
    50 - Lysanna's Perpetual Motion - Surrounds the Dirge with a pulsating orange Aura... a good look at me! Look at me! spell for those on high settings

You'll find many complaints about our far.. er.. fluff spells in these boards =P
    Message Edited by Lindar Phamoncry on 09-22-2006 01:55 PM
  4. ARCHIVED-Shiverr Guest

Lol... gas FTW!

Thanx for the info!
  5. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

I always thought the spell effect of the poison proc looked a bit like gas, too.
  6. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

I dunno about YOU, but *I* do NOT fart green clouds.

Ever.
  7. ARCHIVED-Whysprr_Wyrd Guest

I'm going to quote myself on this from a long-ago post because I haven't changed my opinion and I haven't ranted on this for awhile.
    Forgot to mention one thing that really burns my bacon.
    Our 'fun' spells aren't. Honestly, I see people bouncing off walls and ceilings and turning into flame-beings and all sort of stuff. For us, we can make a character appear as if they've got an embarassing intestinal disorder, and we can turn into dark elves, which is fine for the singer-songwhiners but entriely worthless for the actual dark elves and mildly embarassing for the rest of us. If I wanted to look wasted and decadent I'd start smoking, for all love.
    A short digression from dictionary.com:
    dirge n
    Music.
      1. A funeral hymn or lament.
      2. A slow, mournful musical composition.
    1. A mournful or elegiac poem or other literary work.
    2. Roman Catholic Church. The Office of the Dead.
    Also, see below for the lyrics to an ancient dirge.

Hello!? Depraved dark elves and malignant flatulence? I don't think so.
    We should remind people that life is short and death comes to us all; and then if they want to go the route of depravity and La Bohemish live-for-the-moment-for-tomorrow-we-die-and-look -fabulous-doing-it, then fine, go to.
    How about a sound-effect for Melancholy Melody; a chant or a descending violin line or a tolling bell? Or a spectral figure briefly appears above the target, with a tolling bell added in? And for a shape-change, what about a banshee, wailing for the dead?
    Whysprr
    =====
    A Lyke-Wake Dirge
    This ae nighte, this ae nighte,
    -- Every nighte and alle,
    Fire and fleet and candle-lighte,
    And Christe receive thy saule.

When thou from hence away art past,
    To Whinny-Muir thou com'st at last;

If ever thou gavest hosen and shoon,
    Sit thee down and put them on;

If hosen and shoon thou ne'er gav'st nane
    The whinnes sall [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] thee to the bare bane;

From Whinny-muir when thou mayst pass,
    To Brig o' Dread thou com'st at last;

From Brig o' Dread when thou mayst pass,
    To Purgatory fire thou com'st at last;

If ever thou gavest meat or drink,
    The fire sall never make thee shrink;

If meat or drink thou ne'er gav'st nane,
    The fire will burn thee to the bare bane;

This ae nighte, this ae nighte,
    Fire and fleet and candle-lighte,

Anon (This is believed to be an 18th century version of a much older text)