Dirge FAQ 3.0

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Whysprr_Wyrd, Apr 5, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Lancestorm Guest

At Master 1 Gravitas is only 25%
  2. ARCHIVED-duuf Guest

Lancestorm wrote:
    Checked mine tonight still at 32%.
    Tested it on my warden and his heal amount went up 32%

Duubard
  3. ARCHIVED-Azekah1 Guest

Wow...that was actually quite informative while simulatneously very funny!

Amazing!
  4. ARCHIVED-Daedalus Raistlin Guest

A great article, thank you very much !

I had been thinking of making a Troubador instead, but you've more than convinced me to go Dirge, and made it a great read at the same time.

Hope you make more such guides :)
  5. ARCHIVED-FasterThanThought Guest

Androw@Najena wrote:
    Aww.
    I was experimenting with that earlier. I was hoping against hope it would work but alas... My dirge is ratonga but I'm assuming it's the same basic trait (25% increase in trigger on poisons... it should read player made poisons perhaps).

-- Dizi
  6. ARCHIVED-xsikal Guest

Hi Whysprr, Love the guide, and have been referring to it religiously, as I level up my dirge. Any chance you'll add a discussion of the new TSO AAs to the FAQ? Thanks!
  7. ARCHIVED-Whysprr_Wyrd Guest

I haven't had much time for either the FAQ or TSO; it's unclear how soon I'll have the knowledge and experience to update it.
  8. ARCHIVED-Ozau Guest

A very entertaining and informative read. THANKS for posting it.
    I just started a Dirge to play around with last night... mostly because I wanted a class that was NOT about DPS racing OR healing.
    I've never really followed through on playing a healer - and I get a little tired of simply trying to pump out my own DPS - and so after reading a bit, the dirge seems like it will be a good alt (maybe future main) to go with my Illusionist. Yes I know that the Illusionist is a utility class - but it's still a class where folks EXPECT you to do good DPS.
    Having said that - thankfully, my guild members so far seem quite ok with me just playing the Illusionist and aren't overly concerned with my less than optimal DPS (my gear stinks right now)... what can I say, NOR ROCKS .
    I recently spent some time leveling a ranger to 50 (because deep down I love the whole "ranger" thing) - but again, more DPS... and I'm looking for something where folks EXPECT me to do something OTHER than DPS.
    And so - the dirge, which seems to be all about the utility.
    At any rate, in a moment in which I was completely bereft of inspiration - I named him "Muzic".
    Hopefully, I won't single-handedly destroy the global reputation of dirges (As I'm FAIRLY certain I had a hand in the whole "ranger" thing in the original EQ).
  9. ARCHIVED-Kialia Guest

Just wanted to say thank you for this guide, I've just started playing a Dirge (after wanting something more after trying a warlock) and I am loving it :)
    This guide helped me alot.
    Lottie x
  10. ARCHIVED-Arindor Guest

11. ARCHIVED-thecynic315 Guest

12. ARCHIVED-Xye Guest

Should I look for a FAQ 4.0?
  13. ARCHIVED-thecynic315 Guest

Xye wrote:
    Wysp quit the game last year so I dont know if anyone is going to bother creating a v4.0
  14. ARCHIVED-xxpinner Guest

Androw@Najena wrote:
    Would be nice for someone to take her spot and update the FAQ. I gotta say I rely on it heavily, but now its kind of ... out of date and theres a lot of info I'm still curious about.
  15. ARCHIVED-greenmantle Guest

Ratszo@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I used to avidly read every thing by Wysp back when i knew what i was doing, sad no one has steped foward to fill her shoes.
  16. ARCHIVED-fuaburisu Guest

My character window says that INT has no effect for Dirge. I swapped an item with INT and didn't see any power increase, so INT does not appear to have any use.