Dirge CC: Fear in EQ2?

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-LudaChris, Nov 24, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Salwena Guest

yeah but thats not so much a problem with fear, but with the pathing in dungeons. it can happen to non feared mobs you pull to your group.
  2. ARCHIVED-ForsakenFyre Guest

does fear break if the mob is hit? from my experience it does but i'm not entirely sure.

as for it being effective CC, the spell is pretty much a pain in the [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] (i only have app 1). I don't think it would be overpowering if they had the duration equal to the recast time. It's an easily resisted spell and doesn't even seem to work all the time (because someone is hitting it?). In the middle of battle it's also a big pain in the [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] with our spells taking up soo many [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] concentration points to have to right click (which because of memory problems can freeze my computer for 10 secs when i right click) and turn off a buff, stop attacking your current mob, turn and find the mob you want to fear, fear it, turn back and start fighting, as soon as you start fighting the mob is already back and pounding away and your recast still has 5 more seconds....

pain in the neck spell. i wish they would let us double click-off spells like in EQ1 =( =( =( =/
  3. ARCHIVED-Tekkor Guest

Well to be honest I love our fear song. Im only level 29 and already it has saved my **** along with my groupmates countless times.

Today in Enchanted Lands we had a full group of level 28-29's with one 30. We had a pretty tough red ^^ wasp. We only had it about halfway and we got an add of another one. We only had one healer and no other crowd control. So I feared it. It was a red ^^ as well. The first time I did it the thing resisted. But I was able to fire it off right away again I believe. It feared. I went back to the other creature and hit it like 2 times. Then got ready for it to come back.

I did this and feared it 3 times while the group finished the first one. We definetly would have had people die if I had not done this. As it was by the time we killed the second one everyone was low on power and one guy was very near death with the healer oop.

This was with a app1 version as well as I have yet to find a better copy of it.

I could tell you at least 4 or 5 other similar stories like this. I could tell you how I have been soloing skeles out in steppes near varsoons entrance and Ill get a add...ill fear it...finish the one Im on off....fear it again....then sap health from it and start on it. Im telling you. Once you get used to it and get the timer in your head of when its about due to turn around it works great.

The group I was with in Enchanted Lands after the fight started going crazy asking "How did you make the other one go away?" (even though I told them during fight i was fearing it). Afterwards they all had a new appreciation of Dirges.
  4. ARCHIVED-Lornick Guest

Yeah, I agree with Tekkor. Lots of good experiences with it. The only bad ones I've had are in dungeons cause of pathing. Outdoor zones it works wonderfully. The big trick is remembering you have it when crap hits the fan!
  5. ARCHIVED-Tekkor Guest

Yep Lornick I have had the dungeon issue a couple times in Varsoons. We had a pop of a extra one of those golem things... I feared it and it went into the wall. Never came out. We were able to though go down the hall about 50 yards and it broke the encounter. Not too bad a hassle.

It is aggravating when that happens. I think the devs need to program something so that if a creature gets stuck after a bit like that it gets teleported back to its spawn spot or something.
  6. ARCHIVED-Psixakias Guest

fear rocks! try the below:

If you travel and a mob agroes, fear it, break the encounter and mob totally forgets you...

If you get an add and you KNOW you wont be able to kill it with the group cause of OOM situations, fear it, yell it and keep fearing... if it happens to run straight away from the party, it will forget you totally... if it doesnt, fear it again and just more the oposite direction a bit, same result :)

If you are in a dungeon and you fear a mob of the group you are fighting, hit it first with whatever your strongest available skill is and then fear, so if it returns invisible, it hits you, you hit escape, autotarget the mob and refear or act as /assist for the grp to kill the mob...

If you solo and your mana is enough, use your dot hits, fear, then use range nukes and arrows... fear acts like root, it might brake but if it doesnt you deliver some nice dmg while the mob is away, you dont get hit in the meanwhile and when mob is back you have all attacks open to reuse on it...

If you got a fleeing mob, try fearing and then nuking it... sometimes, if fear is broken by the nuke, it stops fleeing and returns to you, so you dont have to run after it to finish it... (doesnt work always, no clue why :p)
  7. ARCHIVED-MiscreantPyro Guest

Fear sucks hard, and isn't really CC at all, since they come back with friends they agroed sometimes.
  8. ARCHIVED-Psixakias Guest

never had that, never ever, even in dungeons where sometimes we got buged by invisible mobs... and been kitting with fear from the lvl i got it... prolly you do something wrong.