Dirge any good?

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-spawn10459, Feb 1, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-spawn10459 Guest

Hello all,
    Just woundering how good Dirge are. I play with a Fury and was just woudering if Dirge are any good twords end game. I know they get good buffs but on a PvP server buffs are the 3rd best thing first being gear 2nd being skills.
    Are Dirge any good/needed for end game or mid game?
  2. ARCHIVED-TheSpin Guest

Brysis@Nagafen wrote:
    If someone pinned me down and made me single out 1 single class that was desired in groups more than any other, it would be the dirge.
    My dirge is 71 atm (but I have multiple 80s). They don't solo amazingly well, but it's not that bad either.
  3. ARCHIVED-Aanadorn68 Guest

Dirges are great, and you will NEVER have a problem getting a group. They are very boring to play, that's why I don't play mine too often anymore. But boredom is in the eye of the beholder, so that may not apply to you.
  4. ARCHIVED-morlor Guest

Hi matey, bards (particulary dirges)and chanters are the most desired classes end game imo. My main is dirge, and dont be put off by peeps saying there boring to play. In fact playing several 80 classes, I'd say you have much more stuff to look out for than most of the other classes (certainly if you plan on raiding). Your not just concentrating on 1 aspect of the game i.e. heals or dps, but a multitude of things. Debuffing mobs, cob, gravitas and dps timed between auto attacks means you you have to cram in alot in a short space of time. Also, if things happen to go wrong mid fight, the dirge is one of key classes that can help turn things around in your favour, with group/single revives.
    That being said, it is different strokes for different folks. I know alot of players who have simply rolled a dirge and got them to 80, just to get in pug's and collect shards.